Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF BELLAMY IS FIT ENOUGH

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:21 pm

When Craig Bellamy is fit and raring to go and has put any personal problems behind him, do you think he could be a future manager or possibly the next manager of Wales ?

Opinions please.

Re: IF BELLAMY IS FIT ENOUGH

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Not right now or any near future. We need to look outside this country

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:23 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:Not right now or any near future. We need to look outside this country

Fair enough, do you think Bellamy has the attributes to be a manager?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:When Craig Bellamy is fit and raring to go and has put any personal problems behind him, do you think he could be a future manager or possibly the next manager of Wales ?

Opinions please.

Not for a few years yet Carlos, just my opinion.

He needs to still mature in his ways, 5 star as a player.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:Not right now or any near future. We need to look outside this country

Fair enough, do you think Bellamy has the attributes to be a manager?

Im not sure. Hes a great player and has the drive to win but whetehr he can control a dressing room is the only thing. If he can then I dont see why not to be honest :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:When Craig Bellamy is fit and raring to go and has put any personal problems behind him, do you think he could be a future manager or possibly the next manager of Wales ?

Opinions please.

Personally no I think he is too hot headed, but if he could learn to control it ????

But I will stick with no....

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:44 pm

If Gary Speed was still alive, I believe Bellamy would have been given a key role as a coach within the Welsh set up.....however like Bellamy said, there are more things to football now. I reckon he will just retire from football altogether and focus on his family.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Hes back for Saturday :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Seems to be more stick than carrot.
Needs to get the balance right imo.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Opinions please.

In a few years maybe - but better if he had some club managerial experience first, not thrown straight in like Sparky.

Although the manager is the key figure it will also depend on the people around him and how well he would build a managerial team of different talents and personalities. A young Bellers as manager would need a trusted and experienced person behind him to give advice and balance out some of Bellers' more extreme traits.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Not while he is playing.

I'm 10/20 years maybe after some experience elsewhere

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Opinions please.

bellamy once said in an interview, wales need a young agressive attacking style manager who can put heart and fight into the squad,
modern smart quick atttacking football. thats what we need.

im sure he would go out all guns blazing no fear, he works hard as a player, but does he have the passion and ambition now hes made his money?

I know i would rather play golf all day and go out for 5 star meals :lol:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Opinions please.

Sorry but Graig will never become a manager he will just fade away.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:34 pm

A right statement of mind Craig Bellamy would be a perfect manager for Wales, he wants whats best for Cardiff City and for Wales, he wanted our training ground improved and all that and we're getting it, I think it'd be a risk if it was his first job but it could work, I'd love to see it, IMO he's not one of those players who were amazing and were happy to sit back, he's been one of those players who haven't really won anything but done okay for himself, those sort of players tend to do better in management, is Bellars doing his badges or?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:41 am

Opinions please.

Not sure he will be the next manager of Wales as I think Ryan Giggs has his name on that job as soon as he decides to call it a day as a player. But I can certainly see Craig as part of the team that Ryan Giggs would assemble, a team which in my opinion will include dutch Ray. Coleman is only keeping the seat warm as I have no doubt the FAW want Ryan Giggs.

As far as Cardiff are concerned I have no doubt that Craig will get a coaching job with the club as soon as he calls it a day as a player but I can see him as a future Wales manager before Cardiff.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:40 pm

speedo only had his coaching badges and a nightmare few months at sheff utd before taking up the wales position,he did a grand job as the players respected him and were fully commited
craig could have a similar impact on the team,if he were offered the job ,i honestly believe hed seriously consider it

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:42 pm

Absolutely not. Regardless of his current issues Craig has always been involved in some controversy or other, hes petulant and has a temper. Hes barely responsible for himself let alone be responsible for the national team.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:28 pm

put it this way,---------- would YOU stick a pin in your own eye.? CCFC :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:06 pm

Can never rely on Bellamy, for one reason or another.