Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fifa 13 Demo

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:18 pm

For those who have played it, what's your opinion on it so far? I think it ball control thing is a really good addition, at times on other Fifa's you can feel like your making the same runs and/or passing moves frequently with no real surprises. This however made things different the control at times was a bit unpredictable, I went to pass it to a player in front of me and fake shot inside the box. Instead of this the ball hit the back of the players foot flew over him and he volleyed it well over.

The mini games before the matches I thought was a nice tough also, but I'm a bit worried they've made free-kicks easier on this game. It seemed wherever I aimed it would go in without a fuss. Obviously it's a demo but I enjoyed the fact they made the free kicks harder on Fifa 12.

Also it seems people who want to be Goalkeepers will have to get some practise in because I was fairly good in goal on fifa 12 just by holding the A button down. (x for Playstation) Which is a good thing, I believe Goalkeeper's will feel the rewards more for saving a shot because some random player spamming the A/X button wont be able to play as well as them.

Any thoughts?

Re: Fifa 13 Demo

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Still waiting for it to be released on the Playstation :cry:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:31 pm

TheHunter! wrote:Still waiting for it to be released on the Playstation :cry:

Make a US account downloading it from their store now. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Trying to download it for the pc but Origin is a pain in the arse :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Guess I've been fortunate to get so quickly on the Xbox then :D

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:40 pm

think it is good, werent fussed on fifa 12 traded it about 2 months back, ive not really got into all the modes normally just normal season, it dont really understand the whole ultimate team to be honest though fifa 12 was my first fifa game since 2002 and ive only had an xbox for a year

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:47 pm

A very good experience if you're looking for a realistic style of play. One-touch passing is fantastic, and it's a lot more competitive now when playing against the computer.

Have been playing it on both 360 and PS3.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Love it to be honest..

Animations looks superb and the new intro's make it feel like a proper televised match, even the shaking of the hands + the 4th official holding up the board were nice touches :D

Noticed as well that now they have a touchline commentator who commentates on the injuries, which is pretty neat too!

Can't wait for it + FM2013 :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:51 pm

On download now and should be able to play once this shite game is over. Same with Football Manager cannot wait :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:20 pm

citybluechris wrote:think it is good, werent fussed on fifa 12 traded it about 2 months back, ive not really got into all the modes normally just normal season, it dont really understand the whole ultimate team to be honest though fifa 12 was my first fifa game since 2002 and ive only had an xbox for a year

Ultimate Team is good if you enjoy playing Fifa online, but if you rather play it offline your better off on career mode seeing as you can build your own team there. The idea is you win money by winning games (you still get a little by losing), which then you can spend the money you earned on players.

Personally I advise everyone who hasn't to try out Pro Clubs, they don't have it on the demo sadly so you'd have to wait until the game is released. The idea is you can make your own player and improve him, then with at least two players you can create a football club where you compete against other teams. Personally that's the main reason I buy Fifa cause I enjoy that game mode so much.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:15 pm

I don;t usually tend to buy FIFA every year but from playing the demo I'm finding I'm enjoying this year's far more than last year's so I may break the habit of a lifetime and buy one twice in a row.

Although the one things that worries me is that they've specifically said that with weaker teams things can be far more unpredictable. So while it's great now dancing my way through defenders with Silva and Nasri I'm not sure how good it'd be using Cowie and Smith.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:09 pm

It is looking like a really good game and far more enjoyable :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Thank f**k the defending is better. Also for some reason it feels more satisfying when you score... i'll cop it.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:19 pm

Has anyone been able to download the demo on ps3 yet?

All im getting is the option to pre-order for £49.99 :?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:45 pm

timdog80 wrote:Has anyone been able to download the demo on ps3 yet?

All im getting is the option to pre-order for £49.99 :?

The demo, in the UK, is being released between 10pm - 2am. That's the time window anyway, it could come slightly afterwards. Like the xbox's time window was 10am - 2pm today, and it came slightly later.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:35 am

EA now saying the PS3 demo won't be out until 10am-2pm on Wednesday. PS3 demos are traditionally out on Wednesdays.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:14 am

Don't know if it worked but PontyBlue seemed to be on to something for the people who'd rather not wait. Think it's kind of lame that it wasn't released on the same day. Does it happen often for the PS3 or is it just this time?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:26 am

Aramore wrote:I don;t usually tend to buy FIFA every year but from playing the demo I'm finding I'm enjoying this year's far more than last year's so I may break the habit of a lifetime and buy one twice in a row.

Although the one things that worries me is that they've specifically said that with weaker teams things can be far more unpredictable. So while it's great now dancing my way through defenders with Silva and Nasri I'm not sure how good it'd be using Cowie and Smith.

Just a thought but maybe you can try a match out using players that have worse ball control to give you an idea what it'd be like playing a team like Cardiff. I think its a great addition but I hope they don't over egg it. Granted some players control the ball better than others but that doesn't mean there aren't any players with good control outside the top leagues.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:34 am

Im really happy with the stats this year having worked on them as a data reviewer. Some of you will be pleasantly surprised by the stats with some players in the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:08 am

Just out of interest is there anyone who won't be going Cardiff on Fifa 13 or FM13 cause of the badge and kit?????

I will personally !! :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:42 am

Murphy1899 wrote:Just out of interest is there anyone who won't be going Cardiff on Fifa 13 or FM13 cause of the badge and kit?????

I will be. Hoping for a classic kit though.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:07 am

RedBluebird wrote:Im really happy with the stats this year having worked on them as a data reviewer. Some of you will be pleasantly surprised by the stats with some players in the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If you did. Please tell me that Cowie is not better than Whittingham. Seen something few days ago and said Cowie was better than Whitts :|

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:13 am

RedBluebird wrote:
Murphy1899 wrote:Just out of interest is there anyone who won't be going Cardiff on Fifa 13 or FM13 cause of the badge and kit?????

I will be. Hoping for a classic kit though.

That would be smart! Think the seats in our stadium will be red or blue?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:16 am

RedBluebird wrote:Im really happy with the stats this year having worked on them as a data reviewer. Some of you will be pleasantly surprised by the stats with some players in the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Lmao you're so full of shit kid.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:38 pm

If the demo is anything to go by I will have to change my style a lot, on previous versions I'd slide tackle and press triangle, always counter attacking but I find it harder to keep hold of the ball and break into the box, I like the Geoff Shreeves part in it :lol:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:50 pm

The Douce wrote:

Lmao you're so full of shit kid.

Thats all he does is talk shit. For a uni student he acts like such a attention seeking kid

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:54 pm

about how long does it take to download on xBox?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:09 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:Trying to download it for the pc but Origin is a pain in the arse :ayatollah:

Us expat shield, it hides your isp

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Bluebirds-1927 wrote:about how long does it take to download on xBox?

Didn't take me too long. Can't remember how long, but you can just download it in the background and do whatever you want till its done.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Not too busy scouting then?