Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BELLAMY LATEST

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:08 pm

As I said on here last week, Bellamy started training last Friday. Craig has been back in full training yesterday and today and is expected to be in the matchday squad this Saturday against Leeds.

Craig is focused on his football and performing for Cardiff City

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: BELLAMY LATEST

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Excellent news :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Noone on one side Bellers on the other = CARNAGE 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:17 pm

id actually prefer tommy smith to start and bellers used as an impact sub :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:20 pm

englishbluebird wrote:id actually prefer tommy smith to start and bellers used as an impact sub :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Correct should start with same side as against Wolves :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Noone on one side Bellers on the other = CARNAGE 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

I hope hes on the bench and we start the team as the wolves game

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Sounds strange to say...........but, it'll be nice to see him with a city shirt on again and playing.

Hopefully a good team performance, without the need for him to get worked up....but it is Leeds so can see it being a heavy one.

No red card and a win will be cracking.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:32 pm

It`s only in real times of trouble that you find out who your real friends are.
Bellers will get my full support whatever, the man is more important than the footballer. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Tommy Smith has got to start every game, we have been looking for a player like this for years. He has got so much more to his game than Craig. Yes Craig can and will win games with a minute of magic but Tommy will give 100% for 90 minutes. Winning tackles, great distribution and dictating the game. Looks like he can mix it when needed as well. I am convinced this man can win us games that in the past we would have thrown away. Tommy has everything that could/will make him a City legend :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:07 pm

moonstomper1927 wrote:Tommy Smith has got to start every game, we have been looking for a player like this for years. He has got so much more to his game than Craig. Yes Craig can and will win games with a minute of magic but Tommy will give 100% for 90 minutes. Winning tackles, great distribution and dictating the game. Looks like he can mix it when needed as well. I am convinced this man can win us games that in the past we would have thrown away. Tommy has everything that could/will make him a City legend :ayatollah:

I also think Smith could prove to be one of our best signings.....great to have Bellers back and hope his personal problems can be sorted for him & his families sake

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Imagine you were a Leeds defender getting run ragged by Noone and mutch as well as Smith, roughed up by helguson - then second half when your half knackered having to watch Bellamy, Velikonja and Mason come on as subs! OUCH! :lol:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:48 pm

good to hear bellamy is back and hopefully focused
i reckon he would be ok up front floating about and slotting them into the net
but where ever he plays we all know he will give 100% as he always does :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Loads of respect for Bellamy but he needs to fight for his spot. Smith and Noone were great on the wings and deserve to keep their positions. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Merlin wrote:Imagine you were a Leeds defender getting run ragged by Noone and mutch as well as Smith, roughed up by helguson - then second half when your half knackered having to watch Bellamy, Velikonja and Mason come on as subs! OUCH! :lol:

And Kimbo leading the cheerleaders at half time entertaining the crowd ;)

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:10 pm

moonstomper1927 wrote:Tommy Smith has got to start every game, we have been looking for a player like this for years. He has got so much more to his game than Craig. Yes Craig can and will win games with a minute of magic but Tommy will give 100% for 90 minutes. Winning tackles, great distribution and dictating the game. Looks like he can mix it when needed as well. I am convinced this man can win us games that in the past we would have thrown away. Tommy has everything that could/will make him a City legend :ayatollah:

agree ,shame we couldnt get him last season

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 am

carlccfc wrote:
Merlin wrote:Imagine you were a Leeds defender getting run ragged by Noone and mutch as well as Smith, roughed up by helguson - then second half when your half knackered having to watch Bellamy, Velikonja and Mason come on as subs! OUCH! :lol:

And Kimbo leading the cheerleaders at half time entertaining the crowd ;)

Aren't you all forgetting a certain Nicky Maynard too!?!?!? :ayatollah:

Frightening really

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:26 am

BOWMAN wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:id actually prefer tommy smith to start and bellers used as an impact sub :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Correct should start with same side as against Wolves :ayatollah:

Agree,and good news that Bellers is back :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:53 am

When Craig is fit he is an automatic choice for the matchday squad and in my opinion he will start more games than he does sitting on the bench.

We all understand that Craig cannot play every game because of the situation with his kness so we won't be seeing him start 3 games a week. But for me his role in the team will be as a forward and not as the wide player in a 4-4-2 formation.

For me Craig is one of 5 players vying for a starting role up front with Maynard, Helguson, Mason and Velinkonja being the others. Who starts depends on the team formation with MM having options for 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-3.

I expect Craig to feature in any variation except the 4-5-1 where the role upfront is likely to go to one of Helguson, Maynard, Velikonja or even Gestede if we are bollocks deep in injuries.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:55 am

iangibson wrote:It`s only in real times of trouble that you find out who your real friends are.
Bellers will get my full support whatever, the man is more important than the footballer. :ayatollah:

Craig Bellamy is not my friend, he gets paid very well to play for my football club. When he's doing this, he deserves my support. As a man.....the jury's out.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Deano1 wrote:
iangibson wrote:It`s only in real times of trouble that you find out who your real friends are.

Craig Bellamy is not my friend, he gets paid very well to play for my football club. When he's doing this, he deserves my support. As a man.....the jury's out.

Well said deano! Any time you wanna have my babies you just let me know! People on ere with there craig bellamy posters on there bedroom walls thinking we should bow down to him and show him total respect and loyalty!!! Fukin bollox! Respect is earned! Bellamy will get my respect when he grows some balls, gets out there and does his job for cardiff city! The job he's payed 30odd grand a week to do!

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Delighted to read this.

Told many on here what an unselfish, intelligent footballer TS was but I think many thought I had my QPR head on.

Glad he's winning you guys over.

Real 110% honest pro.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:

Delighted to read this.

Told many on here what an unselfish, intelligent footballer TS was but I think many thought I had my QPR head on.

Real 110% honest pro.

I was sceptical before he signed but having seen him play I'm 100% convinced.

I just don't understand why were we the only interested team.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Very under rated player mate. The kind of player that very easily slips under the radar when surrounded by bigger name players yet his performances are always very consistent. I was sad to see him leave QPR as I thought he had a lot more to offer but luckily for you guys Malky knew all about his attributes & got him on board.

I'd go as far as saying he could turn out to be one of your most, if not the most important signing this season.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:

Delighted to read this.

Real 110% honest pro.

Never doubted you mate, too many on here too quick to judge a player before he's even kicked a ball for us

:ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Sounds like R's fans mate :D

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Stan when we was a shambles against Bristol City he was one of only two players to stand out. But i am aghast to how many of our own support who thinks that Bellamy who is in my opinion one of the best players in the Prem will struggle to get in our side :roll: :? :? :? He can play regularly :D and if he can play he should be the first on the team sheet with out a doubt. He was a cut above for team GB and that is a fact. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:19 pm

I agree mate Bells was mustard at the olympics & was clearly the stand out player.

You are very lucky to have him.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I agree mate Bells was mustard at the olympics & was clearly the stand out player.

You are very lucky to have him.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I agree mate Bells was mustard at the olympics & was clearly the stand out player.

He was , so I don't buy the Gary Speed bit , there's far more it (but that's a matter for Bellamy and nothing to do with us) Just as long as he puts shifts in and does he best for Cardiff , that's all I care about

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:11 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -game.html