Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT Orange & T Mobile no more

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:28 pm

For those that care.

Was in London all day yesterday with the big CEO of Orange etc... Basically Orange & T mobile are merging as many would already have heard of. Well this is official today and will be released through to press from 10am.

Over 700 stores will no be rebranded under the 'EE' banner (everything everywhere). This means that each store will have the best of previous tmobile and orange deals aswell as 'EE' deals. These 'EE' deals will be all the latest handsets soon to be rolled out with 4g capabilities such as the iPhone 5.

EE will be the first network give 4g coverage and will be for the next 9 to 12 months...Cardiff is one of 4 cities actually trialibg it as we speak. What is 4g? Basically it's fast as f**k! 45 meg speeds at peak time, 65 meg speed off peak, that faster than most peoples home broadband, and it's just for your phone!!!

This puts us comfortably sat at no1 as the best network provider and for one cannot wait to smash commission records!

Not sure about the colour scheme though, blue and yellow!! :shock:

Re: OT Orange & T Mobile no more

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:47 pm

f*cking iphone predictive makes me look like a pleb. :oops: :twisted:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:48 pm

orange cant get any worse they have become totally wank lately, thinking of changing all our company to another network

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:54 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:orange cant get any worse they have become totally wank lately, thinking of changing all our company to another network

hmmmmmmm. Change to tmobile, heard they're good. ;)

We will have the best coverage and deals...that is fact. 4G will sell itself, cant wait.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:12 pm

What about those who are already on T-Mobile or Orange?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:14 pm

since the merger started the reception I have on ORANGE is shite in Heath!

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:15 pm

When you say best deals will you be able to match 3mobiles "the one plan" for £35 a month? as i left orange for 3mobile as they couldnt get near it with the iphone contract?? :ayatollah:

cheers
Tim :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:16 pm

What is 4G anyway?! :lol:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:What is 4G anyway?! :lol:

:lol:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Will 4g have any affect on current 3g phones or will you not feel any affect unless you have a 4g phone?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:29 pm

4 Girlies!

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:35 pm

I knew this an age ago. The company I work for sells a lot of equipment that use sims cards and we have a direct Orange account to resell the data sims with this kit. True it is now probably taking over Voda (who we also have a direct account with) as the best network coverage in the UK after it merged with Tmo. Lot cheaper than Voda on the big GB packages as well.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:18 pm

timdog80 wrote:When you say best deals will you be able to match 3mobiles "the one plan" for £35 a month? as i left orange for 3mobile as they couldnt get near it with the iphone contract?? :ayatollah:

cheers

I imagine you get ultd everything for that £35? 3 mobile will always offer cheap deals at this moment in time, no other network can and wants to match them. They own less than 10% of the UK market therefore have to sell cheap to compete, they do this by buying in bulk. Im not sure about your experiences with 3 and im not into slating competition but 3 have were rated worst network provider many years running, signal isn't best and customer service lacking.

We do ultd mins, ultd texts and net for £36 on certain handsets though, to answer the question. :lol:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:22 pm

Shame the 2G service provided by T'Orange is pants though. Only 3 is more unreliable.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:22 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:What about those who are already on T-Mobile or Orange?

In regards to what? Being a customer already is going to benefit existing customer cos you will be probably upgrading on to 4g handsets (if you choose) in the next few months. Upgrading customers have a bit of weight behind them as opposed to new customers who have to match the set prices laid out for certain handsets.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:24 pm

4G is your internet browsing and download speed. For example, you download a film on your 3g handset and it can take 30mins plus, on 4g it will take 3-4 mins, and so on....

In a few years there will be 5g, 6g and eventually 30g more than likely....service will just get better and better with the times.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:26 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:Will 4g have any affect on current 3g phones or will you not feel any affect unless you have a 4g phone?

you can only have 4g with handsets that have 4g capabilities. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:I knew this an age ago. The company I work for sells a lot of equipment that use sims cards and we have a direct Orange account to resell the data sims with this kit. True it is now probably taking over Voda (who we also have a direct account with) as the best network coverage in the UK after it merged with Tmo. Lot cheaper than Voda on the big GB packages as well.

This is why im excited. :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:33 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:Will 4g have any affect on current 3g phones or will you not feel any affect unless you have a 4g phone?

Ok so you just need to spend more money on an expensive phone then 8-)

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:43 pm

timdog80 wrote:When you say best deals will you be able to match 3mobiles "the one plan" for £35 a month? as i left orange for 3mobile as they couldnt get near it with the iphone contract?? :ayatollah:

cheers

I imagine you get ultd everything for that £35? 3 mobile will always offer cheap deals at this moment in time, no other network can and wants to match them. They own less than 10% of the UK market therefore have to sell cheap to compete, they do this by buying in bulk. Im not sure about your experiences with 3 and im not into slating competition but 3 have were rated worst network provider many years running, signal isn't best and customer service lacking.

We do ultd mins, ultd texts and net for £36 on certain handsets though, to answer the question. :lol:

Yes pretty much get everything unlimited including the internet which leads to not worrying about going over my miinute/data etc so good to have!

I never ever had any issue with orange i only swapped over as they said that to have the iphone "apple dictacts the tariffs they can offer" BUT then i saw that 3mobile offered the iphone for LESS money and a superb tariff {unlimited vitualy everything for £35}............Still not sure why they can offer this tarrif and the likes of vodaphone and orangecouldnt?? :?

Regarding cusomer service i cant say ive had any issues with 3 as ive found there coverage across the UK very good and my iphones never had any problems so ive never had to ring and complain in the 18 months ive had the phone!! :o

IF orange were able to offer a competative tariff on the Iphone id swap back as i already have an account with them for my broadband and house phone :ayatollah:

ATB
Tim

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:44 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:

Depends on the customer. If you're a low user who pays say, 10/15 per month then it might not be worth jumping up to a higher tariff or paying more toward the handset to get it on your preferred tariff. Pointless also if you're not likely to use much of what it can offer. However if you're paying the 26/31 or more, then its definitely worth paying a slight premium for what is a superb handset and speeds etc..

4g handsets wont be stupidly priced though if that what your thinking, just at their usual launch prices. Im imagine the 5 will be free on 46 per month or pay and have it on a lower tariff.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:49 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:

Depends on the customer. If you're a low user who pays say, 10/15 per month then it might not be worth jumping up to a higher tariff or paying more toward the handset to get it on your preferred tariff. Pointless also if you're not likely to use much of what it can offer. However if you're paying the 26/31 or more, then its definitely worth paying a slight premium for what is a superb handset and speeds etc..

4g handsets wont be stupidly priced though if that what your thinking, just at their usual launch prices. Im imagine the 5 will be free on 46 per month or pay and have it on a lower tariff.

Yeah I understand. I just uprgaded my phone to the Samsung Galaxy S3 so its bit of a bummer that ill miss out on it

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:57 pm

timdog80 wrote:

cheers

Yes pretty much get everything unlimited including the internet which leads to not worrying about going over my miinute/data etc so good to have!

I never ever had any issue with orange i only swapped over as they said that to have the iphone "apple dictacts the tariffs they can offer" BUT then i saw that 3mobile offered the iphone for LESS money and a superb tariff {unlimited vitualy everything for £35}............Still not sure why they can offer this tarrif and the likes of vodaphone and orangecouldnt?? :?

Regarding cusomer service i cant say ive had any issues with 3 as ive found there coverage across the UK very good and my iphones never had any problems so ive never had to ring and complain in the 18 months ive had the phone!! :o

IF orange were able to offer a competative tariff on the Iphone id swap back as i already have an account with them for my broadband and house phone :ayatollah:

ATB
Tim

Cool Tim, we are also rolling out fibre optic broadband at the end of this year to coincide with the mobile service improvements. Not sure on price strategies yet but it will be cheaper than BT infinity etc... although admittedly not as fast but in terms of cost it will be even better than our current costs in terms of value. As for the iphone 4s, our current deal is ultd everything for 36 but with a fee of 49.99...this will more than likely become free once the 5 is released.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:02 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Yeah I understand. I just uprgaded my phone to the Samsung Galaxy S3 so its bit of a bummer that ill miss out on it

S3 is an incredible handset, spec wise it is better than the 4s and is currently selling better nationwide, its a great handset with very good processing speeds anyway, it is bad timing though. :lol:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:04 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

S3 is an incredible handset, spec wise it is better than the 4s and is currently selling better nationwide, its a great handset with very good processing speeds anyway, it is bad timing though. :lol:

haha yeah but to be honest its the best handset ive had and i havent found a problem with it yet at all

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:16 pm

timdog80 wrote:

cheers

ATB
Tim

Cool Tim, we are also rolling out fibre optic broadband at the end of this year to coincide with the mobile service improvements. Not sure on price strategies yet but it will be cheaper than BT infinity etc... although admittedly not as fast but in terms of cost it will be even better than our current costs in terms of value. As for the iphone 4s, our current deal is ultd everything for 36 but with a fee of 49.99...this will more than likely become free once the 5 is released.

Interest the iphone 4s now has an unlimited tariff for £36............Is that due to the fact the iphone5 is due out? (same as they did with the iphone 3g when the iphone4 was due out)

Do you reckon they will offer that tariff on the new iphone5 or will it be massivly inflated??

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Orange has virtually stopped when I'm at home - don't know if they've turned down one of the transmitters in Barry.

My contract is up for renewal in January but I'm going to have to change companies as after 2 years I can't get a reliable signal in my front room.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:25 pm

I have no idea, but more than likley you will not get this tariff unless your pay 55 plus. When apple releases a new iphone people tend to pay the premium for the handset rather than the tariff that comes with it.

I reckon the most popular tariffs will be 46 and 41 initially on the new iphone.

This current tariff on the 4s is a promotional tariff and has been running for about a month now, hence why they ask for 49.99. Before that it was free but the standard 900 mins, ultd text, 1gd of net for 36....common sense only says it will get better for the customer when the 5 comes out though, if you're comfortably paying inflated prices then its always worth staying 1 model behind all the time.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:34 pm

4G is your internet browsing and download speed. For example, you download a film on your 3g handset and it can take 30mins plus, on 4g it will take 3-4 mins, and so on....

In a few years there will be 5g, 6g and eventually 30g more than likely....service will just get better and better with the times.

Thought so, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing it up.