Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SO HE PUBLICLY STATES THAT HE HATES CARDIFF CITY "

Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:58 pm

" SO HE PUBLICLY STATES THAT HE HATES CARDIFF CITY "

John Hartson.
Now I dont care that he is a Jack and have met him several times and actually liked him.

But then I had Hartsons biography bought me and then heard him on the radio.
In his Autobiography and on the radio last season Hartson states he cant stand Cardiff City.

So a question for everyone and opinions please, Should Hartson be part of the new Wales set up ?

Re: " SO HE PUBLICLY STATES THAT HE HATES CARDIFF CITY "

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:00 pm

We're those his words?

At the time of him saying/writing them, he had every right to say that - as a Swansea fan I'm not surprised he hates us.

Now he has this role with the FAW, I expect he certainly won't be able to air those views in the public domain.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Absolutely NOT. :twisted:

Whilst of course as a Jack I understand where hes coming from, I hate them too, but as someone who is paid proffesionally to be involved with Wales you cannot state you hate one of its highest profile clubs.

Saying that Gary Neville has never hidden his dislike of the Mickey Mousers :lol:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:03 pm

But he made those comments BEFORE he had a position within the FAW.

I think we can trust John to be professional.

After all, many of us in our workplaces probably hate one or two departments or staff within the setup, but still have to be professional about it.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" SO HE PUBLICLY STATES THAT HE HATES CARDIFF CITY "

John Hartson.
Now I dont care that he is a Jack and have met him several times and actually liked him.

In his Autobiography and on the radio last season Hartson states he cant stand Cardiff City.

So a question for everyone and opinions please, Should Hartson be part of the new Wales set up ?

he should never be in the wales set up..coleman is giving jobs to the boys..anyway coleman will not be in the wales job for long..as for hartson not liking us i dont give f**k..all he is...is a inbred jack tw*t :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Thought the guy would mellow towards us after the support we showed to him in his fight against cancer.

Well if this statement is true then it shows we are a lot better than him.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:15 pm

The guy is a knob.

NO! HE SHOULD NOT!! He shouldn't be anywhere near the welsh setup. The man is a complete pillock, coleman I can just about put up with, but Harston should never be involved with the welsh football team in any kind of coaching roll! He hates cardiff... The fanbase that gives by far the biggest welsh support and always has done. I really can't stand that man. But what gets me more than anything about that hypocrite is he trys to make out he's such a massive swansea dieard yet as far as I know he never played one game for his beloved jack kunts! Moron.

Bakedalasker wrote:Thought the guy would mellow towards us after the support we showed to him in his fight against cancer.

Well if this statement is true then it shows we are a lot better than him.

exactly right
his rant on the radio was directed at cardiff city fans who seem to make up the vast amount of wales support,he came across as very ,very bitter and embarrassed himself really

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 pm

What an idiot.

As a professional for Wales he would have played alongside City players (Earnie, Gabbidon, Collins) so surely would have realised that the club itself was fine.

As a Swansea FAN I can see why he wouldn't like Cardiff FANS.

Bellamy is a City fan who publicly complimented Swansea on thier play last season. Professional

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:22 pm

i dont really care if he 'hates' cardiff city, so long as he puts that to one side and does his job to the best of his ability.

only problem is i think he has little ability and there is currently a 'jobs for the boys' thing going on with the wales national football team. coleman, hartson and symons are mediocrity personified. but hey, they probably came cheap ;)

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:24 pm

DamnRightIveGotTheBlues wrote:What an idiot.

As a professional for Wales he would have played alongside City players (Earnie, Gabbidon, Collins) so surely would have realised that the club itself was fine.

As a Swansea FAN I can see why he wouldn't like Cardiff FANS.

Bellamy is a City fan who publicly complimented Swansea on thier play last season. Professional

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
and congratulated them on promotion
just goes to show how professional the whole current set up is :evil: :evil:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:44 pm

John Hartson.

Whether he hates us or not, is almost irrelevant in this case. He should be nowhere near the Wales set up based upon his abilities as a manager or a coach, which are non existant.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Hartson is a fool! Im very glad that he has made a good recovery and will support any work he does against cancer, but i hate him as a footballer/coach. To say something like that when he is in the role that he is in is pathetic, its no good for welsh football and is going to send the wrong message to all welsh fans. Anybody with an once of professionalism would just let it go and concentrate on doing their job.

Hes still upset about the cardiff fans taunting him in the tv box after the game at the liberty when we beat them 1-0 :lol: yoooooooou jack b*stard!!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:But he made those comments BEFORE he had a position within the FAW.

I think we can trust John to be professional.

After all, many of us in our workplaces probably hate one or two departments or staff within the setup, but still have to be professional about it.

Not strictly true

He made those comments on the radio at the same time that he was throwing his hat into the ring for the Wales job. FACT.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:04 pm

In that case it's very true then.

As I said, he made those comments when he didn't have a position within the FAW - which he didn't.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Remember being in the grange end when he played against us for West Brom when his wife had mucked him about.

And the whole ground sang..." she's shagging someone else" :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:In that case it's very true then.

As I said, he made those comments when he didn't have a position within the FAW - which he didn't.

Nonsensenical codswallop.

He made those totally UNPROFFESIONAL comments whilst trying to get employed as the the actual manager of Wales so how you can come out with a statement that "John can be trusted proffesionally" I dont know.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Im surprised he says that considering we were all behind him when he nearly died...but i shouldnt be surprised....his sister is a singer and although she does most gigs in cardiff she stated the other day that ALL cardiff people are horrible......needless to say i put her in her place.............if u hate cardiff so much dont bloody come here...we dont want u!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:26 pm

NO and not because of his comments, but because at that level we need coaches with experience or tactical ability.he has neither of these so get shot...........and take coleman with him.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:02 pm

To be fair to him wit the abuse we have given him as a player he has every right to hate us and he said that himself on Real Radio a couple of years ago.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:09 pm

No he should not :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:14 pm

Any one who publicly states he hates any welsh club should not be be involved in the welsh set up as their suposed to be working for welsh football as a whole

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:In that case it's very true then.

Nonsensenical codswallop.

He made those totally UNPROFFESIONAL comments whilst trying to get employed as the the actual manager of Wales so how you can come out with a statement that "John can be trusted proffesionally" I dont know.

As well as all that bullshit he's spouted he also seems to have conventionally forgotten what he said about Dutch Ray.

He said that if he was manager he would have to sack Ray as he'd "publicly stated his desire for the job".

No such problem for Hartson though apparently :?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:24 pm

I would be more concerned about his inept coaching ability

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:25 pm

I don't think this would be a big of a deal with some other countries, for example England can pick English players from the whole EPL and beyond. I believe though that Wales rely more on teams like Cardiff and Swansea than other teams for the national team, and I'd prefer people who are involved or plan to be involved with the Wales set up to keep their bias to themselves. I mean if you look at our current defence

(took this list from wikipedia so possibly not the best example)
Darcy Blake
James Collins
Ben Davies
Chris Gunter
Joel Lynch
Adam Matthews
Sam Ricketts
Neil Taylor
Ashley Williams

I think only one player (in bold) hasn't been involved with either Cardiff or Swansea. I think you have to be smart when speaking about some things, you can alienate a lot of people with silly statements. People obviously have their preferences, but when it comes to Wales, they represent Wales not anyone else. If Ramsey scores today I wont be thinking, that's a goal for Cardiff City's Academy or none of that nonsense, same if a Swansea player scored. I'd be thinking well that's a goal for Wales.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:29 pm

John Hartson.

It's well known that Gary Neville hates Liverpool. Should he not be part of the England set up?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:53 pm

No he shows poor judgement with his crass & stupid comments regarding us

No he should not be involved within the current coaching set-up, im not convinced of his abilities & what he brings to our current strikers in the squad.

He had a stint at Newport County anyone know if he was any good?????

He must have lots of debts to pay off, he has numerous jobs?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Annis .....you are priceless!!!

As a book factory who will go anywhere to do a deal to sell your books........

Th eguy has a target market called Swansea fans. What do you expect him to say.

Plus you know as well as I do.......he would have signed for Sam and City, except for 'You must be joking!!! They would kill me the next time I went to Swansea! ;)

xx

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:44 pm

She's shagging someone else :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The fact he hates Cardiff !!!! Well he is a Jack so wont have it any other way. As a Player i liked him. The question we should all be asking is has he got the tools to help Wales ? Will he do what is needed of him ? If the answer is yes then it should not matter. If he is as useless as Coleman then he should not be within 100 miles.