Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Favourite last minute winners?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:56 pm

I think we score our fair share of last minute winners, and in some big games too. IMO they are the best thing about watching live football, no better feeling and rush than seeing city score a late winner. Everyone always goes mental players, fans, manager! Loads more celebration than a normal goal :ayatollah:

My favourite has to be Chopra against the Jacks a few years ago :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

if i had to pick one away from home it would be Koumas's free kick at Doncaster to make it 2-1 City (even though he scored again to make it 3-1) because at the time this kept us on course for automatic promotion.

Re: Favourite last minute winners?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Chopra's winner has to be one of the best - even just to see that smug tossed Tate having a good old whine about it.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:03 pm

In recent years, chops vs the jacks, bellers vs the jacks.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Chopra's was fantastic. The CCS actually erupted.

Mind you, Andy Keogh's final-second header is one that always sticks in the back of my mind, for some reason...

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Saying that, Hudson's vs hudders the other day was great, You could hear the gasp of relief as it went in.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Blue_Forever wrote:I think we score our fair share of last minute winners, and in some big games too. IMO they are the best thing about watching live football, no better feeling and rush than seeing city score a late winner. Everyone always goes mental players, fans, manager! Loads more celebration than a normal goal :ayatollah:

My favourite has to be Chopra against the Jacks a few years ago :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

if i had to pick one away from home it would be Koumas's free kick at Doncaster to make it 2-1 City (even though he scored again to make it 3-1) because at the time this kept us on course for automatic promotion.

Couple of classics there.

Millers one against West Ham is up there as well.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:24 pm

i forgot about the Miller goal against West ham, that was amazing and made all the bollocks with the police that day and early sunday morning kick off well worth it! :ayatollah:

Ross scoring a last minute pen against watford on a tuesday nigt at NP was also class!

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Not a winner, but felt like it at the time.

Turner's goal v Liverpool.

Never seen such celebrations at Wembley.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:41 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Not a winner, but felt like it at the time.

Turner's goal v Liverpool.

Never seen such celebrations at Wembley.

Thats the one for me too. Still sends shivers down my spine remembering the noise and emotion involved.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:11 pm

chopra against jacks bellamy against jacks young against leeds and if we can include turners against liverpool are my best 4 in no order

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Chopra v Jacks or Young v Leeds for actual winners.

Turner equaliser though was sheer elation that I dont think could be felt again

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Scott Young against Leeds will take some beating. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: