Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has City ever had an identifiable brand?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:30 pm

I know some firms/fans wore mostly one brand and became known for it, but did we have a brand? Ive always seen us as a bit of a dougie boy posse, massive numbers but looking like shite (not speaking for myself 8-) )...well on the whole I cant say ive been proved otherwise :lol: I remember at Chelsea when I looked across the road at Chelsea's antique hools goading us, and they made us look shit. When I looked around our lot, I saw a few lads who looked like they were off to the off license for a pint of milk! :lol: They didnt want any of our numbers though, tramps or no tramps...we were game.

ill probably be shot down but on the whole Cardiff lads defo dress better than valley boys! :o :o :o :o :D

Re: Has City ever had an identifiable brand?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:35 pm

bare in mind i was born 86 and started watching City in 94, so didn't experience the orIginal casual scene...im talking about 90's onwards.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:07 am

Taff on the Mersey wrote:bare in mind i was born 86 and started watching City in 94, so didn't experience the orIginal casual scene...im talking about 90's onwards.

I remember going to Plymouth away on a coach early 90's 50 + lads all dressed in football gear mostly SI then. When we got near Plymouth the ob stopped us and split us up into 3 groups and took us to the cells :?

I always remember a copper saying that he was expecting a bus full of skinheads and very scruffy dress sense ,he said thàt we were the smartest lads he'd ever seen down Plymouth.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:25 am

Our scruffs / barmies are game as f**k. They might mix their checks or double up on the denim but they are game as f**k. The Rhondda boys who come out of the tube and flew straight into Chelsea before the game were not thete for fashion awards.

Ive always been a dresser not a fighter me and shopped all over the country so dont tarnish all valleys with same brush 8-)

f**k the one brand bollicks anyway being a dresser to me is about trying to be different not identikit. Sometimes it work s (I was wearing 6876 way before it come popular) sometimed it doesnt (Evisu and Fake London :oops:).

Prefer a more Northern look (understated, crepes or moccasins) to the southern loud, flash, look