Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MEET NOONE & MAYNARD ON THURSDAY..................

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:41 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 16,00.html

Sure there will be a lot of people there.
Out of interest has anyone been to one of these where players are there, wondering how busy it gets. :ayatollah:

Re: MEET NOONE & MAYNARD ON THURSDAY..................

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Mega busy when they've done player meet and greets in recent years.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:44 pm

A great opportunity for fans, kids in particular to meet some of their heroes, but surely something like this should be done a day or two after a game, not a day or two before a game? Noone and Maynard should be focussing on Leeds Thursday without any unnecessary distractions imo.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:A great opportunity for fans, kids in particular to meet some of their heroes, but surely something like this should be done a day or two after a game, not a day or two before a game? Noone and Maynard should be focussing on Leeds Thursday without any unnecessary distractions imo.

Fair point :ayatollah:
There are worse things that can distract them I guess but your probably right

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:A great opportunity for fans, kids in particular to meet some of their heroes, but surely something like this should be done a day or two after a game, not a day or two before a game? Noone and Maynard should be focussing on Leeds Thursday without any unnecessary distractions imo.

Not necessarily, getting the fans onside before the game is a great idea, The players always feed off the atmosphere that the fans create, so to bring the feel good factor and excitement to the fans, families, kids etc is only going to theoretically help the players in the long run too.

Don't think it's hugely important whether it be before or after a game.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:57 pm

got my driving theory down cardiff on Thursday afternoon, might go and pop in :lol:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Merlin wrote:

Not necessarily, getting the fans onside before the game is a great idea, The players always feed off the atmosphere that the fans create, so to bring the feel good factor and excitement to the fans, families, kids etc is only going to theoretically help the players in the long run too.

Merlin, whilst I agree this will undoubtedly create a feel good factor between the players and fans, I still don't see why this feel good factor can't be created at the start of the week just after a game instead of towards the end of the week just before a game. Personally, I would arrange something like this the day after the game, simply because players need to recover and spend the day after the game resting. I think Thursday is a bit too late, the players should be having one last proper training session on the Thursday, and then spend Friday talking tactics, working on set pieces, studying the opposition and preparing with their minds 100% on Saturdays game. Just my opinion.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:36 pm

QUOTE,While you're in store you can also view the range of eco and healthy living products , f**k that. wheres the clarks pie stand :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:30 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Merlin, whilst I agree this will undoubtedly create a feel good factor between the players and fans, I still don't see why this feel good factor can't be created at the start of the week just after a game instead of towards the end of the week just before a game. Personally, I would arrange something like this the day after the game, simply because players need to recover and spend the day after the game resting. I think Thursday is a bit too late, the players should be having one last proper training session on the Thursday, and then spend Friday talking tactics, working on set pieces, studying the opposition and preparing with their minds 100% on Saturdays game. Just my opinion.

Because the start of the week, a lot of monitoring goes on, checking for bumps and
bruises from the previous weekend. Hard training takes place to keep fitness levels
up. Training tails off Thursday/Friday. More work done on tactics, free kicks, defending
set-pieces etc. Friday they will do next to nothing except stretch the old muscles so
they arent tight on the Saturday.

A couple of hours sat signing autographs aint gonna cause any injury to either of them.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:52 am

Stop complaining, its just a quick meet 'n greet :ayatollah: