Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ricky hattons Comeback

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:31 pm

has he lost his mind? or should he have one more shot (at whatever) vacant belt or one of the less regarded champions..
Apparently set for november, I would definately be keen to see it.
at his weight division 33 given his lifestyle a major strain on his body, I dont think its a great Idea. Imo

Re: Ricky hattons Comeback

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:44 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:has he lost his mind? or should he have one more shot (at whatever) vacant belt or one of the less regarded champions..
at his weight division 33 given his lifestyle a major strain on his body, I dont think its a great Idea. Imo

Bad idea, I think. I've always liked him, as he comes across as a decent, honest bloke, but he needs a friend to say "leave it, mate."

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Why the need for him to do this, Carry on with your training and promoting instead Ricky and look after your health mate :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
sloper_road_legend wrote:has he lost his mind? or should he have one more shot (at whatever) vacant belt or one of the less regarded champions..

Bad idea, I think. I've always liked him, as he comes across as a decent, honest bloke, but he needs a friend to say "leave it, mate."

Nail on head! Trouble is Nedd is that the company and lifestyle he leads his 'friend' is more likely to say "yeah go mate you can still do it"! As comebacks go he aint no sugar ray who treated his mind and body as a temple, and it will only end one way. Disaster! :(

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:23 pm

64JACK wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Nail on head! Trouble is Nedd is that the company and lifestyle he leads his 'friend' is more likely to say "yeah go mate you can still do it"! As comebacks go he aint no sugar ray who treated his mind and body as a temple, and it will only end one way. Disaster! :(

True. Lots of hangers on, sadly, in boxing. I hope he sees sense before he damages himself, though.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
64JACK wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

True. Lots of hangers on, sadly, in boxing. I hope he sees sense before he damages himself, though.

Sadly Ricky Hatton has already damaged himself given his heavy drinking/coke lifestyle. He was a very good fighter but needs to stay out of ring or he'll be remembered as a fat hasbeen.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Sad news this.

I like Ricky Hatton.

His family should be telling him NO

He could end up badly hurt

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:33 pm

I think it's sad

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:47 pm

He would make more money writing a How to lose weight book. One minute he is about 3/4 stones overweight, at the weigh in he is 4 % fat maybe. Incredible and I don't believe it can be done without using substances. I agree with you all , Ricky leave the gloves on the hook. :old:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:22 pm

should not comeback, a legend but for his health and his family he needs to reconsider and focus on his promotion, if he does have a comeback only fight id like to see is him v witter, since witter been chasing for years and providing he gets past frankie gavin respectivley its a old grudge match and that alone would only get me into backin hatton one last time, but id prefer him to stay retired :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Apparently sky deciding not to renew the contract hatton had with them to televise his shows has made him unable to resist the urge to fight again
Even if the british boxing board of control dont license him,fighters can fight under under another board such as when danny williams fought quite recently with a latvian licence :o :o
Hatton would lose and could quite possibly get seriously hurt by even a moderate club fighter but unfortunately it seems hes almost certain to fight again

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:36 pm

englishbluebird wrote:Apparently sky deciding not to renew the contract hatton had with them to televise his shows has made him unable to resist the urge to fight again
Even if the british boxing board of control dont license him,fighters can fight under under another board such as when danny williams fought quite recently with a latvian licence :o :o
Hatton would lose and could quite possibly get seriously hurt by even a moderate club fighter but unfortunately it seems hes almost certain to fight again

yeah williams lost aswell, williams himself is a shade of his former self, its sad that these old timers just cant pack it in once and for all