Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will Bellamy Start?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:25 pm

If he is available for selection Saturday against Leeds do you think he will start and do you think he should start???

Re: Will Bellamy Start?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:28 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:If he is available for selection Saturday against Leeds do you think he will start and do you think he should start???

No and no.

The team against Wolves should start, after such a great performance and, if he's ready, bring him on with 20 minutes left as an "impact player."

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
cakey-8t7 wrote:If he is available for selection Saturday against Leeds do you think he will start and do you think he should start???

No and no.

The team against Wolves should start, after such a great performance and, if he's ready, bring him on with 20 minutes left as an "impact player."

Yeh that's what I was thinking

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:50 pm

After the way Noone and Smith played, no. Unless Helguson remains knackered, put Bellamy on the bench and bring him on to a fantastic crowd applause at the 60-minute mark.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Give him the last 20mins, the crowd reaction will give him a huge boost - and give the tiring Leeds defence a massive headache.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:58 pm

GarethBrad wrote:Give him the last 20mins, the crowd reaction will give him a huge boost - and give the tiring Leeds defence a massive headache.

No kidding. Look at the potential victims:

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/PlayerP ... 73,00.html

:D

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:31 pm

it would be nice to bring him on i wouldnt bother if we are winning id rather see kimbo be given last 20 and bellamy rested

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

No and no.

Totally agree John :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:38 pm

I'd start him yes.

I don't think he will tho.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
GarethBrad wrote:Give him the last 20mins, the crowd reaction will give him a huge boost - and give the tiring Leeds defence a massive headache.

Am I missing something can't see ross McCormack on that list?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:14 pm

I think the players selected should be based on performances, so I'd rather Bellamy coming off the bench to try to convince Malky to start him in the next game. Although I'm a fan of Turner I'd also like him to try and earn his place back.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:15 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Am I missing something can't see ross McCormack on that list?

He's there, mate, under the strikers section, next to Davide Somma.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Caerdydd wrote:I think the players selected should be based on performances, so I'd rather Bellamy coming off the bench to try to convince Malky to start him in the next game. Although I'm a fan of Turner I'd also like him to try and earn his place back.

Same here. I think the team that beat Wolves deserve their places, until they prove otherwise, or get injured.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:20 pm

IMO the best team starts, so turner comes straight in if fit.... Especially against Leeds.

Bellamy is harder as Noone and Smith were exceptional.

Personally for me I'd drop Helguson and play smith just behind Maynard and Bellamy and Noone wide.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:IMO the best team starts, so turner comes straight in if fit.... Especially against Leeds.

Bellamy is harder as Noone and Smith were exceptional.

Personally for me I'd drop Helguson and play smith just behind Maynard and Bellamy and Noone wide.

Exactly what I'd do too.

Assuming Bellamy is up to it of course.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:35 pm

I'd play Bellamy for Helguson. If his head is right, of course.