Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The ninian stand this saturday

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Grumpy? No, just prefer to watch the game rather than spend the whole time looking at away fans..

I love having a good atmosphere and join in with the odd song or two, but having a dig at me for wanting to actually sit?

You know nothing about me, I could have a medical condition, don't be so quick to judge.

If you really are that keen to stand, the club have indicated that the Canton is the place for you.

After all, You don't need to be eyeing up the away followers just to create an atmosphere.

Football banter does improve the atmosphere hugely though. I'm quite happy to stand up and sing at the back of the Ninian, if you just say no to the stewards then they give up and leave you alone.

Quite right it does and I'm all for it, just not something I want to get involved in myself!

I just dislike the culture of people saying anyone who wants to sit is a shit fan etc..

that's fair enough :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Just a genuine question - if you had an elderly gentleman behind you, who can't stand for very long , would you still stand and block his view?

What would you do if you were asked to sit by the elderly gentleman?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Just a genuine question - if you had an elderly gentleman behind you, who can't stand for very long , would you still stand and block his view?

I would sit down, as I do and have been doing for a couple of seasons now. The atmosphere in the block I sit in has died. The first season we were at the CCS, the atmosphere was buoyant and now it's like being in a cinema. That's not down to one person, or the fact that nobody stands, but there are a number of contributory factors.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Just a genuine question - if you had an elderly gentleman behind you, who can't stand for very long , would you still stand and block his view?

I would sit down, as I do and have been doing for a couple of seasons now. The atmosphere in the block I sit in has died. The first season we were at the CCS, the atmosphere was buoyant and now it's like being in a cinema. That's not down to one person, or the fact that nobody stands, but there are a number of contributory factors.

What block is this? Why don't you move to another block or area of the ground like Canton?

As I say, I'm not against fans standing and singing - the club have even said they would be more lenient in one section of the ground - so if you want to do it, why not go there?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:05 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

What block is this? Why don't you move to another block or area of the ground like Canton?

As I say, I'm not against fans standing and singing - the club have even said they would be more lenient in one section of the ground - so if you want to do it, why not go there?

Seriously, do you honestly think that every supporter who is more vocal than you should go in the Canton?

They'll need an extension!

:lol:

What was your username before Barry Chuckle? Care to admit?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Seriously, do you honestly think that every supporter who is more vocal than you should go in the Canton?

Again, there you go assuming things. I'm vocal, just don't want to stand.

I didn't have an account on here before tonight.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Again, there you go assuming things. I'm vocal, just don't want to stand.

I didn't have an account on here before tonight.

You're very similar to others. What am I assuming, Mr Familiar?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:13 pm

You now claim that I'm not vocal in my support despite never meeting me or seeing me.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:You now claim that I'm not vocal in my support despite never meeting me or seeing me.

Revisit some of your posts.