Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The ninian stand this saturday

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:07 am

Your right by the away fans lets hear you saturday.
Theres been moans of we are made to sit down we cant get anything going whilst sitting down..
The end of last season and against wolves you were allowed to stand but hardly anything came from the section near the wolves end the away fans taunt you with your support is fecking shit and so on and nothing sang back to them
The ninian stand is more important to the atmosphere than the canton come on guys lets hear you even if its a 10minute Malky's barmy army :ayatollah:

Re: The ninian stand this saturday

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 am

Will be a great atmosphere in Canton and Ninian.

I'll be in Canton :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:18 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Will be a great atmosphere in Canton and Ninian.

I'll be in Canton :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Im in the family stand but do try and sing :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:20 pm

jinks-rct wrote:Your right by the away fans lets hear you saturday.
Theres been moans of we are made to sit down we cant get anything going whilst sitting down..
The end of last season and against wolves you were allowed to stand but hardly anything came from the section near the wolves end the away fans taunt you with your support is fecking shit and so on and nothing sang back to them
The ninian stand is more important to the atmosphere than the canton come on guys lets hear you even if its a 10minute Malky's barmy army :ayatollah:

Totally agree, i'm right in the middle of the section next to the away fans and i would love a better atmosphere from there! Seems to only be about 10 people interested in signing lately! :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Stewards were telling people to sit down at the Wolves game.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Maybe we just wish to sit down and watch the football? :geek:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:23 pm

seanmogs wrote:Stewards were telling people to sit down at the Wolves game.

Only once or twice max and everyone just stood straight back up. Especially when that guy sang "stand up if you hate Swansea" on his own and then got a bollocking off the stewards. :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:38 pm

seanmogs wrote:Stewards were telling people to sit down at the Wolves game.

To be fair i did see one or two being ejected not sure why though was it because they woudnt sit?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Maybe we just wish to sit down and watch the football? :geek:

FOOL

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:02 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Maybe we just wish to sit down and watch the football? :geek:

FOOL

A fool? Why?

Funnily enough, I go to the football to watch the football. Not to eyeball the away fans and miss most of the match.

Funnily enough, most of the people around me do the same!

If people want to go and taunt the opposition, please do so - but don't instruct other fans to do so.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

FOOL

A fool? Why?

Funnily enough, I go to the football to watch the football. Not to eyeball the away fans and miss most of the match.

Funnily enough, most of the people around me do the same!

If people want to go and taunt the opposition, please do so - but don't instruct other fans to do so.

Does Paul go with you?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Next season me and 2 mates will be getting season tickets. Still debating wether to get them in Canton again or next to the away fans. IMO if more people did the same and went to 117/118 we'd have a great atmosphere at the CCS, like in the first season there :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Paul?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:18 pm

I stand right next to the away fans and it was us in the Ninian who were chanting "your support is f*cking shit" :lol:

Let's be honest, the Canton's no better.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:26 pm

I wish it was like this every game :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:36 pm

I can see me in that picture!

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I can see me in that picture!

Are you a steward?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Why a steward? Is it because I said I want to sit down and watch the game?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:05 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I can see me in that picture!

Obviously one of the grumpy ones near the front...

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Haha I can see myself in that picture.

Against Wolves it was bumping in the Ninian end! We sang plenty of times and the atmosphere was good IMO.

I agree it could be alot better but half the problem is that when the younger guys are getting yanked out for banter and a good Craic, sometimes people can get carried away other times it's people just trying to get the atmosphere going.

I think in 117/118 there are a good bunch of lads that probably go to work with a sore throat on a Monday :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Grumpy? No, just prefer to watch the game rather than spend the whole time looking at away fans..

I love having a good atmosphere and join in with the odd song or two, but having a dig at me for wanting to actually sit?

You know nothing about me, I could have a medical condition, don't be so quick to judge.

If you really are that keen to stand, the club have indicated that the Canton is the place for you.

After all, You don't need to be eyeing up the away followers just to create an atmosphere.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Paul?

Barry and Paul:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=chuckl ... ZWNam5z7yM:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Sorry, didn't click !

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:32 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Grumpy? No, just prefer to watch the game rather than spend the whole time looking at away fans..

I love having a good atmosphere and join in with the odd song or two, but having a dig at me for wanting to actually sit?

You know nothing about me, I could have a medical condition, don't be so quick to judge.

If you really are that keen to stand, the club have indicated that the Canton is the place for you.

After all, You don't need to be eyeing up the away followers just to create an atmosphere.

Football banter does improve the atmosphere hugely though. I'm quite happy to stand up and sing at the back of the Ninian, if you just say no to the stewards then they give up and leave you alone.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:32 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Why a steward? Is it because I said I want to sit down and watch the game?

No. It could be your lack of a sense of humour that caused me to say that. Loving the irony of your username, by the way.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:35 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Grumpy? No, just prefer to watch the game rather than spend the whole time looking at away fans..

Football banter does improve the atmosphere hugely though. I'm quite happy to stand up and sing at the back of the Ninian, if you just say no to the stewards then they give up and leave you alone.

Quite right it does and I'm all for it, just not something I want to get involved in myself!

I just dislike the culture of people saying anyone who wants to sit is a shit fan etc..

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Quite right it does and I'm all for it, just not something I want to get involved in myself!

I just dislike the culture of people saying anyone who wants to sit is a shit fan etc..

I dislike accusations made by people like you about fans who cheer on the team. Go to the Grandstand and you'll be happy in there with all the silent, seated supporters.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Who says I don't cheer on the team.

I'm happy where I am thank you, very comfy seats ;)

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 pm

I sit and sing in the Ninian Stand... where do I stand in this whole whose a better fan? :ugeek:

To be honest I do love having banter with the away fans but they are quite far from me. Also I felt the atmo in the Ninian stand against Wolves was quite good

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:46 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:I sit and sing in the Ninian Stand... where do I stand in this whole whose a better fan? :ugeek:

To be honest I do love having banter with the away fans but they are quite far from me. Also I felt the atmo in the Ninian stand against Wolves was quite good

You clearly are a rubbish fan because you don't stand all game. :old: