Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Boris for PM!!!

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:26 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:All politicians are liars. Every single one of them.

They all have this utopian dream as a youngster gaining their degree but when the job gets offered they'll switch their allegiance at the drop of a hat as long as a salary comes in. A bunch of uneducated morons in a room bickering to score cheap points rather than coming together to solve real issues in the world. Politicians are the scum of the Earth in my opinion. Anyone with real views doesn't make it to the top. You must conform to the standards already set and become one of their boys. Once you are one of their boys your little easily influenced and naive brain becomes as corrupted as theirs. Also, some of the nonsense they spout is embarrassing.

The world would be a better place if it was run by businessmen, scientists (including medical professionals) and engineers. Instead we have leeches (politicians) who deep down could not do the jobs of the above because they do not possess the intelligence.

So they're uneducated, yet have a degree? They're not intelligent enough to be businessman, yet are more qualified? The above is filled with contradictions!

Absolute nonsense. Have you seen the standard of questions on a politics exam? Easy, some of which is A level or GCSE standard.

There are probably only a couple of politicians who could program, only a handful who can do maths to an extremely high level beyond calculus, only a handful who can apply physics to the real world.

Also, businessmen are more intelligent than politicians. Alan Sugar may be a knob at times but he is more intelligent than politicians.

Just because someone has a degree doesn't mean they're intelligent either.

Examples of degree level politics question

1) How did the American military experience of World War II and Korea affect their approach to fighting the war in Vietnam?

1. ‘The 1992 Treaty on the European Union at once united and fragmented Europe’. Discuss.

2. Is the EU becoming an ‘ever closer Union’? Discuss.

Anyone can answer that question with basic knowledge.

Example of AI and Robotics question

a) Describe the process of case-based reasoning and how learning can be achieved in this process. [10]

b) Describe how the k-NN algorithm works for classification tasks (the data set has a discrete-valued target function).

(i) Decide, using 1-NN and the Euclidean distance measure, whether this paper towel is good or bad. (Floating-point values for the distances are not necessary, e.g. 27 is fine.)

What a cock!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Mr Bean is quite popular...............what about him :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Denzil wrote:Mr Bean is quite popular...............what about him :shock: :shock: :shock:

No, they want somebody funny!

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:07 pm

The one thing I like about Boris is he always seems to speak his mind. I not sure if this is down to a genuine lack of intelligence or honesty though. :D
Both labour and the Tories are responsible for the state of the economy' though who ever got into power last time around was always in the shit. There is no quick fix and will get worse :old:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:12 pm

bluewho wrote:The one thing I like about Boris is he always seems to speak his mind. I not sure if this is down to a genuine lack of intelligence or honesty though. :D
Both labour and the Tories are responsible for the state of the economy' though who ever got into power last time around was always in the shit. There is no quick fix and will get worse :old:

Indeed it will take a generation to fix. Then that will only come about by the 3rd world countries getting greedy resulting in everyone turning back to these shores.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:58 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

They all have this utopian dream as a youngster gaining their degree but when the job gets offered they'll switch their allegiance at the drop of a hat as long as a salary comes in. A bunch of uneducated morons in a room bickering to score cheap points rather than coming together to solve real issues in the world. Politicians are the scum of the Earth in my opinion. Anyone with real views doesn't make it to the top. You must conform to the standards already set and become one of their boys. Once you are one of their boys your little easily influenced and naive brain becomes as corrupted as theirs. Also, some of the nonsense they spout is embarrassing.

The world would be a better place if it was run by businessmen, scientists (including medical professionals) and engineers. Instead we have leeches (politicians) who deep down could not do the jobs of the above because they do not possess the intelligence.

So they're uneducated, yet have a degree? They're not intelligent enough to be businessman, yet are more qualified? The above is filled with contradictions!

Absolute nonsense. Have you seen the standard of questions on a politics exam? Easy, some of which is A level or GCSE standard.

There are probably only a couple of politicians who could program, only a handful who can do maths to an extremely high level beyond calculus, only a handful who can apply physics to the real world.

Also, businessmen are more intelligent than politicians. Alan Sugar may be a knob at times but he is more intelligent than politicians.

1) How did the American military experience of World War II and Korea affect their approach to fighting the war in Vietnam?

1. ‘The 1992 Treaty on the European Union at once united and fragmented Europe’. Discuss.

a) Describe the process of case-based reasoning and how learning can be achieved in this process. [10]

b) Describe how the k-NN algorithm works for classification tasks (the data set has a discrete-valued target function).

(i) Decide, using 1-NN and the Euclidean distance measure, whether this paper towel is good or bad. (Floating-point values for the distances are not necessary, e.g. 27 is fine.)

Ever considered the fact that politicians may have a degree in a subject besides politics? No?

David Cameron studied PPE at Oxford for example, George Osbourne studied History, as did Gordon Brown. These subjects require a great deal of intelligence, the kind that science students do not possess. They're completely different.

You think that Alan Sugar is more intelligent than every politician? Nonsense, he's good at what he does but he's not more intelligent.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Never! Would ruin the UK more than his posh rich Tories mates who are in power are now. The sooner the Tories are out the better. :? :?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Do people on here actually know the background of Boris..? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson

And also people mention that you need business people involved which I do support. However many business people actually support the cuts so what would be different to what the current government are doing..?

Lets be honest Labour ballooned the public sector to help ensure that the employment figures were very healthy but it was never sustainable in a million years. They also sold the gold at a very low price, robbed the private pensions and done other dodgy things to help maintain the levels of spending. But when that started to run out around 2007 they were lucky that they could hide these issues behind the credit crunch.

Tough decisions would have had to be made whatever colour the government were at the last election but its the un-educated lemmings of the left who just can't expect it.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:30 pm

Angry Man wrote:Do people on here actually know the background of Boris..? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson

And also people mention that you need business people involved which I do support. However many business people actually support the cuts so what would be different to what the current government are doing..?

Lets be honest Labour ballooned the public sector to help ensure that the employment figures were very healthy but it was never sustainable in a million years. They also sold the gold at a very low price, robbed the private pensions and done other dodgy things to help maintain the levels of spending. But when that started to run out around 2007 they were lucky that they could hide these issues behind the credit crunch.

Tough decisions would have had to be made whatever colour the government were at the last election but its the un-educated lemmings of the left who just can't expect it.

How many British industries were sold by the Tories, Mr Educated?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Do people on here actually know the background of Boris..? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson

Re-phase that to 'How many non-profitable industries were sold under the tories'. A number of times the previous government tried and failed to sell Royal Mail and low and behold its still being a burden on the taxpayer. Also wasn't it the previous Labour goverment who pushed Lloyds to buy a dodgy Dutch bank which was riddled with bad debt only to require taxpayers money just months later to cover the bad debt they incurred.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
blue nile wrote:Boris has to be better than that tw*t Cameron !

I can't see a difference between the two of them. In my opinion, they're both bally well out of touch with us ordinary chaps.

Dreadful, dreadful cliché

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:32 am

OhhhGa wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Ever considered the fact that politicians may have a degree in a subject besides politics? No?

David Cameron studied PPE at Oxford for example, George Osbourne studied History, as did Gordon Brown. These subjects require a great deal of intelligence, the kind that science students do not possess. They're completely different.

You think that Alan Sugar is more intelligent than every politician? Nonsense, he's good at what he does but he's not more intelligent.

memorising stuff, passing exams, reading.

These are skills passed down from generation after generation of posh cunts.

EVERY posh kids 'path' involves University. They all seem to get there. So its
a case of knuckling down and learning how to pass exams. Thats all these people
know. Its what Daddy did. A degree is NOT an intelligence test, not in any way
shape or form. I've worked with University educated people that could not open a
door without instructions. Not suggesting they are thick, but I've seen them all
before wearing their degree like a Gold Medal...But they forgot to study 'common
sense' and totally missed the 'life skills' course :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

91% of our MPs are University educated.

Look at the state of our f*cking country

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:06 am

taffyapple wrote:

All generalisations. There is far more to it. Project work, putting together portfolio's, research, etc.

Not everyone who goes to university is posh. Im from Ely FFS.

shape or form.

Absolute nonsense. Loads of posh kids live off or inherit their parents companies and wait until their parents pass away to do so. Most students at university do so because they want to learn something different to make their own living. I agree a degree isn't an intelligence test and even though politicians have them they are still dumb to me.

I've worked with University educated people that could not open a
door without instructions.

I have met people like this too university educated or not.

Not suggesting they are thick, but I've seen them all
before wearing their degree like a Gold Medal...But they forgot to study 'common

None of these politicians though do scientific degrees or anything worth while. Anyone can learn history, got an A in it in school and at A level without trying. Just memorising stuff that has already happened, explain it in order using citation and voila, there it is in its newly presented format. Nothing spectacular. There is nothing to test you there other than your ability to withhold information and output it at the right point.

and almost 100% of them are idiots. Out of 435 house members there is only 1 physician. I guess all the other physicians had too much sense to go for a job in politics. Fair play to them though, they deserve better jobs because they are a lot more intelligent people.

Amazing how China's economy is growing by the day as it has logical thinking scientists in power yet the UK and America with their do gooding brigade and utopian nonsense are struggling financially. The country should not be run by people who can talk the talk and argue until their tongue aches, the country should be run by rational and logical thinking people who are 100% trained in finding the solution - i.e. scientists - mainly physicians and mathematicians.

Politics is all rhetorical nonsense, no logical arguments are present at all.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:38 am

RedBluebird wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

All generalisations. There is far more to it. Project work, putting together portfolio's, research, etc.

Not everyone who goes to university is posh. Im from Ely FFS.

shape or form.

Absolute nonsense. Loads of posh kids live off or inherit their parents companies and wait until their parents pass away to do so. Most students at university do so because they want to learn something different to make their own living. I agree a degree isn't an intelligence test and even though politicians have them they are still dumb to me.

I've worked with University educated people that could not open a
door without instructions.

I have met people like this too university educated or not.

Not suggesting they are thick, but I've seen them all

None of these politicians though do scientific degrees or anything worth while. Anyone can learn history, got an A in it in school and at A level without trying. Just memorising stuff that has already happened, explain it in order using citation and voila, there it is in its newly presented format. Nothing spectacular. There is nothing to test you there other than your ability to withhold information and output it at the right point.

and almost 100% of them are idiots. Out of 435 house members there is only 1 physician. I guess all the other physicians had too much sense to go for a job in politics. Fair play to them though, they deserve better jobs because they are a lot more intelligent people.

Amazing how China's economy is growing by the day as it has logical thinking scientists in power yet the UK and America with their do gooding brigade and utopian nonsense are struggling financially. The country should not be run by people who can talk the talk and argue until their tongue aches, the country should be run by rational and logical thinking people who are 100% trained in finding the solution - i.e. scientists - mainly physicians and mathematicians.

Politics is all rhetorical nonsense, no logical arguments are present at all.

China has a vast, almost unlimited supply of workers with no say in the pittance they
are paid. No voice. No choice.

You dont need to be a scientist or John Nash to make that equation work

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:13 am

History's a good degree to have to be fair.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:18 am

taffyapple wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

shape or form. I've worked with University educated people that could not open a
door without instructions. Not suggesting they are thick, but I've seen them all

I agree with you here, a degree is not a direct test of intelligence and alot of graduates lack any real world sense. HOWEVER you make shameless generalisations about University being exclusively for 'posh' people when that's entirely wrong (me for example).

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:26 am

OhhhGa wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

I agree with you here, a degree is not a direct test of intelligence and alot of graduates lack any real world sense. HOWEVER you make shameless generalisations about University being exclusively for 'posh' people when that's entirely wrong (me for example).

My generalisations are born of a lack of education!!

but f**k me am I intelligent ;) :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:30 am

:lol:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:36 am

OhhhGa wrote::lol:

Its not you anyway its the other silly fucker.

What possible point was he trying to make by copy pasting questions from a
University exam.

Boris Johnson is living proof that thick bastards can get a degree.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:39 am

taffyapple wrote:
OhhhGa wrote::lol:

Its not you anyway its the other silly fucker.

What possible point was he trying to make by copy pasting questions from a
University exam.

Boris Johnson is living proof that thick bastards can get a degree.

Another example being 'RedBluebird' :lol:

Only messing ;)

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:18 am

Angry Man wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Re-phase that to 'How many non-profitable industries were sold under the tories'. A number of times the previous government tried and failed to sell Royal Mail and low and behold its still being a burden on the taxpayer. Also wasn't it the previous Labour goverment who pushed Lloyds to buy a dodgy Dutch bank which was riddled with bad debt only to require taxpayers money just months later to cover the bad debt they incurred.

Anyone who was around at the time Thatcher was selling off the "Family Silver" will remember the "Tell Sid" campaign used to advertise the sale of British Gas and would very much question your assertion about the sale of non profitable industries. To call companies like British Telecom, British Gas, BAA, Cable & Wireless, Britoil, Rolls Royce, Amersham International and Enterprise Oil to mention just a few "Non Profitable" is illformed at best and at worst sheer bollocks.

These companies were sold at a fraction of their true value to fund a series of cuts in taxation that were desperately required by the Thatcher government after a period of high interest rates and high inflation. Those around at the time will remember mortgage rates at 11% + all of which resulted directly from the Thatcher government policies. The truth is they didn't need to buy peoples votes with tax cuts the country couldn't afford because the only real option was either labour under Michael Foot and Neil Kinnock who were both unelectable.

All the "Non Profitable" companies saw their share prices rise faster the the official FSTE 100 for years after which was a clear indication that those companies were grossly undervalued at the time of their sale.

Non Profitable my arse.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:32 am

castleblue wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Anyone who was around at the time Thatcher was selling off the "Family Silver" will remember the "Tell Sid" campaign used to advertise the sale of British Gas and would very much question your assertion about the sale of non profitable industries. To call companies like British Telecom, British Gas, BAA, Cable & Wireless, Britoil, Rolls Royce, Amersham International and Enterprise Oil to mention just a few "Non Profitable" is illformed at best and at worst sheer bollocks.

These companies were sold at a fraction of their true value to fund a series of cuts in taxation that were desperately required by the Thatcher government after a period of high interest rates and high inflation. Those around at the time will remember mortgage rates at 11% + all of which resulted directly from the Thatcher government policies. The truth is they didn't need to buy peoples votes with tax cuts the country couldn't afford because the only real option was either labour under Michael Foot and Neil Kinnock who were both unelectable.

All the "Non Profitable" companies saw their share prices rise faster the the official FSTE 100 for years after which was a clear indication that those companies were grossly undervalued at the time of their sale.

Non Profitable my arse.

Tory mentality has and always will be...

Those at the top will make money. Because they are the cream that needs protecting.
Irrespective of the fact that this 'cream' may be f*cking things up, losing money hand
over fist or in the worst case scenarios... destroying sectors of British Industry and banking.

So they will find bonuses, pay-offs and golden handshakes for them, usually at the expense
of those losing their jobs, the little people, us, cos we're f**k all to them......

We didnt go to the right schools!

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:39 am

He thanked G4S in his speech. No doubt had mates on the directors list. Typical Tory.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 am

taffyapple wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Non Profitable my arse.

Tory mentality has and always will be...

Those at the top will make money. Because they are the cream that needs protecting.
Irrespective of the fact that this 'cream' may be f*cking things up, losing money hand
over fist or in the worst case scenarios... destroying sectors of British Industry and banking.

So they will find bonuses, pay-offs and golden handshakes for them, usually at the expense
of those losing their jobs, the little people, us, cos we're f**k all to them......

We didnt go to the right schools!

Spot on TA I didn't do the university thing bit I lived through and thankfully survived the Thatcher government and now sadly my children are now faced with the consequences of Thatcherism.

I may not have gone to the right schools but like you I've had a good education in the school of life.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:53 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
blue nile wrote:Boris has to be better than that tw*t Cameron !

I can't see a difference between the two of them. In my opinion, they're both bally well out of touch with us ordinary chaps.

Dreadful, dreadful cliché

Dreadfully true, though, old chap.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:58 am

Angry Man wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Didn't answer the question - again - and then put out some inaccurate nonsense.

Royal Bank Of Scotland bought the Dutch bank, ABN Amro, for 45 billion pounds and then, guess what? Yes, the taxpayers have given 45 billion pounds to bail them out! This was despite the fact that most experts, at the time, were saying ABN Amro was overpriced.

Did the Laborious Party really push them to buy ABN Amro? Really? Do you have any proof whatsoever? Probably not, because you didn't even know the name of the Dutch bank or get the right British bank!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: