Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO ANNIS - MORE PASSION IN LOWER LEAGUES.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Annis I completely disagree with what you are saying. It isn't the level of football that is being played that makes fans more passionate, it's the situation. 

We were shite back then and in the dark lonely basement leagues we were desperate to be heard and with that came the togetherness and passion you see at Pompey. We wanted to be known and respected so bad. 

Do you remember when we were miles ahead in the championship a few years back? Playing  'wanky wanderers' and Hartsons West Brom? The atmosphere was electric and that is because expectation was low...our squad was thin and we'd been in the league for only a  few...so there was a lot to feel good factor about and we loved every minute of it. 

Our lot are just tired of having high expectations squandered year in year out of late, so you will inevitably see the atmosphere and passion (verbally) twindle as it each 'ground hog day' season rolls by as it has  for the last few years. It is a coincidence that we have moved stadium at this particular time in our history, it gave something for everyone to blame. 

Once we get out of this league and over that line our expectation will drop again and with that every goal will be celebrated like the old days and with the the passion and atmosphere increased! People will experience at atmosphere that we didn't realise could exist. 

Hold me to this post Annis. It's not the league or decade as such, it's the situation. The answer isn't down, it's up! 

Re: FAO ANNIS - MORE PASSION IN LOWER LEAGUES.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:37 am

I do rem the WBA game at " NINIAN PARK "in the night, superb atmosphere, but I respect your opinion, but I totally disagree with you, once your in the higher divisions, a different type of fan takes over. I honestly feel when a club is fighting for its life or a club is climbing the lower leagues there is more passion and excitement and the atmosphere is better.
Rem Newcastle home, a full house in the new stadium, the atmosphere was awful. Whats the atmosphere like now ? Whats the atmosphere week in week out with 23,000 fans ?
But when we played the big clubs on a one off, the atmosphere was electric.
Its hard to explain it all on here.

Also, when your in the lower leagues, your fans pull together more and get behind your team and club.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92008 :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:13 am

both have valid points,i but there is no denying that the new stadium is soulless,lifeless and sterile,maybe its the supporters,maybe the hard nosed attitude towards the fans by stewards and maybe it is the type of supporter that we have . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 am

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not daft. Ninian was an atmosphere that was one of a kind and that can't and won't be replicated. There are factors such as empty seats, strict stewarding, high roof due to expansion plans so acoustics are not best etc... But when krabb is saying its souless, that's cos we the fans are the sole. It's very simple to me, open mouth and sing and it will be better! Maybe you're right, maybe it is just the type of fan we have....too many finger pointers. The days of spontaneous off the cuff songs being sung, does that have to stop because we are in the new stadium? No. All the faces still go to these games, so I personally think they are most to blame than anything....you can't blame the new type of fan if this is the example we set.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:13 am

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not daft. Ninian was an atmosphere that was one of a kind and that can't and won't be replicated. There are factors such as empty seats, strict stewarding, high roof due to expansion plans so acoustics are not best etc... But when krabb is saying its souless, that's cos we the fans are the sole. It's very simple to me, open mouth and sing and it will be better! Maybe you're right, maybe it is just the type of fan we have....too many finger pointers. The days of spontaneous off the cuff songs being sung, does that have to stop because we are in the new stadium? No. All the faces still go to these games, so I personally think they are most to blame than anything....you can't blame the new type of fan if this is the example we set.

agreed,and my last comment did state that it could simply be the fans....US......what happened to the ayatollah....our signature,it represented us,more bristol city fans done it than we did....sad :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:13 am

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not daft. Ninian was an atmosphere that was one of a kind and that can't and won't be replicated. There are factors such as empty seats, strict stewarding, high roof due to expansion plans so acoustics are not best etc... But when krabb is saying its souless, that's cos we the fans are the sole. It's very simple to me, open mouth and sing and it will be better! Maybe you're right, maybe it is just the type of fan we have....too many finger pointers. The days of spontaneous off the cuff songs being sung, does that have to stop because we are in the new stadium? No. All the faces still go to these games, so I personally think they are most to blame than anything....you can't blame the new type of fan if this is the example we set.

agreed,and my last comment did state that it could simply be the fans....US......what happened to the ayatollah....our signature,it represented us,more bristol city fans done it than we did....sad :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:21 am

I did my first away trip to Brighton a few weeks ago.

I was in awe at the sound coming from their stadium. Having been to old Trafford, wembley Nou Camp etc I can honestly say this was the best stadium atmosphere I have experienced.

I agree with the OP, Brighton fans were singing from every angle all 3 sections of the ground. Cardiff away fans have more life than at home and even we couldnt be heard.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:21 am

Belgian fans on Friday were something to behold too.

I wish we could all be like that as one

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:46 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:Belgian fans on Friday were something to behold too.

I wish we could all be like that as one

I really wish we could all you unite as one, sadly it only happens when things go wrong.