Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City v Leeds 2nd only to city v jacks?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Personally I think that Cardiff against Leeds is only surpassed by cardiff against Swansea.

Re: City v Leeds 2nd only to city v jacks?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:32 pm

ha. ha one of the best teams of all time........no longer.as usuall 2-1 to the mighty blues,,,,,,,,,,, we are leeds :lol: :lol: and?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:11 pm

This might interest you
http://thechriswhitingshow.wordpress.co ... s-results/
Says swansea bristol n leeds are our biggest rivals in that order by the looks! Also says we are the 9th most hated club in the country :lol:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:16 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:This might interest you
http://thechriswhitingshow.wordpress.co ... s-results/
Says swansea bristol n leeds are our biggest rivals in that order by the looks! Also says we are the 9th most hated club in the country :lol:

Says on there we're the 9th most hated club. Result! :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Roathblue33 wrote:Personally I think that Cardiff against Leeds is only surpassed by cardiff against Swansea.

I guess you mean in hatred towards each other ????.....in which case, absolute crap...for us--newport, the 2 brizzle clubs, chelsea, are all way ahead..for them--man u,the sheffield clubs,brum and more...

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:02 pm

i do enjoy our home clashes v leeds. away at leeds is terrible due to bad stewarding/policing but at home its one of my favorite fixtures. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:05 pm

I feel more rivalry between Leeds than Bristol which is odd.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I feel more rivalry between Leeds than Bristol which is odd.

so do i.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:25 am

Huh??

I can definatley see us beating Leeds on Saturday.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:13 pm

some of that doesnt seem to make sense to me. aresenals old rivals were man u but now its spurs...really? thought the london clubs were already rivals, didnt think this was anything new.

readings new rivals...aldershot town???

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Davidreesevans wrote:some of that doesnt seem to make sense to me. aresenals old rivals were man u but now its spurs...really? thought the london clubs were already rivals, didnt think this was anything new.

Traditionally Reading V Aldershot was both clubs closest local Derby and as such were each others main rivals. However, with Aldershot not being a league club it kind of diminished. Now that they are back in the league, hostilities seem to have been resumed. ;)

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:28 pm

murphy wrote:

so do i.

same :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:23 pm

64JACK wrote:
Davidreesevans wrote:some of that doesnt seem to make sense to me. aresenals old rivals were man u but now its spurs...really? thought the london clubs were already rivals, didnt think this was anything new.

Traditionally Reading V Aldershot was both clubs closest local Derby and as such were each others main rivals. However, with Aldershot not being a league club it kind of diminished. Now that they are back in the league, hostilities seem to have been resumed. ;)

i would imagine hostilities would resume once they are in the same league, not the same league pyramid.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Leeds at home is definitely the best home fixture this season for me. There's always a good atmosphere and we never seem to lose. :lol:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Not really mate.

Bristol City = all talk like our friends down West.

Leeds and Millwall and Portsmouth, when they come they mean business and it heightens the atmosphere.

Never took the Swansea or Bristol City rivalry seriously at all. Much more hyped up for Millwall, Leeds, etc. Scoring that late goal vs Millwall, the Keogh header was absolutely euphoric.

Don't get me wrong beating the Swans and Wurzels is a great feeling but there is something about beating Leeds, Millwall and Pompey that just had that extra buzz. I think its because they're a dirty bunch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:40 pm

For me I agree Jacks followed closely by the Leeds scum. I just cant stand them :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Davidreesevans wrote:
64JACK wrote:

i would imagine hostilities would resume once they are in the same league, not the same league pyramid.

I concur, especially as too my knowledge they haven't even played each other since Aldershots return? But it's evidently not the case :?