Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Good Old Days

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Just turn up at 2.55pm on a Saturday afternoon, pay on the gate, cheer the lads on, get a football echo, rear the report, look forward to the next game.

Not anymore though. Some seem to think because we pay for a ticket we can be moral judge and jury on players private lives. :roll:

As long players do the business on the pitch for us I couldnt give a rats ass if they are cross dressing bigamists in their spare time.

Re: The Good Old Days

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Just turn up at 2.55pm on a Saturday afternoon, pay on the gate, cheer the lads on, get a football echo, rear the report, look forward to the next game.

Not anymore though. Some seem to think because we pay for a ticket we can be moral judge and jury on players private lives. :roll:

As long players do the business on the pitch for us I couldnt give a rats ass if they are cross dressing bigamists in their spare time.

:lol:

Re: The Good Old Days

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Just turn up at 2.55pm on a Saturday afternoon, pay on the gate, cheer the lads on, get a football echo, rear the report, look forward to the next game.

Agree with your sentiment though the money todays players earn makes them fair game for some of the abuse.Truth is 30yrs ago we followed a team of pissheads but that was ok because it was the norm for most players in those days.There wern't that many that were tea-total.An example would be John Buccannan-not much of him but he could'nt half neck-em.