Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: LETS BE HONEST

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As long as Craig Bellamy performs on the pitch for Cardiff City this season, what he does in his private life behind closed doors is up to him.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It was totally different with Chopra etc players like him were out there big time making a fool of themselves and not just once but dozens of times. In the end Chopra went down hill big time and thats why he has never made it big time, but Bellamy has and thats what matters.

That's the way I see it.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Gambling addictions are a big a problem as any. They don't choose to be addicts.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Karl wrote:Gambling addictions are a big a problem as any. They don't choose to be addicts.

But how many chances do you give Chopra ?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:39 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Everyone is surely allowed a chance.

We all get second chances in life dont we ?

Agree with this. Don't like the way club lied again though

Dan, I have to stick up for the club here and say they were protecting Craig and giving him the time and space to sort out his issues. We have all had our share of problems and dare I say it I don't think we would want the world to know unless we chose ourselves to tell all and sundry.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:48 pm

carlccfc wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:

Dan, I have to stick up for the club here and say they were protecting Craig and giving him the time and space to sort out his issues. We have all had our share of problems and dare I say it I don't think we would want the world to know unless we chose ourselves to tell all and sundry.

Suppose that's the price of fame today. Still club could have said personal problems

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Karl wrote:Gambling addictions are a big a problem as any. They don't choose to be addicts.

Annis, having suffered / still suffering a gambling addiction myself believe me it is not that simple. I have literally had to hand over all my cards and money to the missus and just get pocket money. Harsh but needs must.

Unlike drink or drugs its easier to disguise. The lies I have told my wife were unreal looking back on it.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:55 pm

carlccfc wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:

Club were in a now win situation and I think they took the best stance.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:

Club were in a now win situation and I think they took the best stance.

Probably right. I'm just gutted we have lost such a good player I suppose. Just frustrating

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:19 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
MalkysMankyMankini wrote:I certainly am annoyed. He gets a vast amount of money in return for behaving himself thus not to affect the club or the huge investment that his clubs show in him.

Nearly at every single club he's been to since his move from Norwich he has struggled to do so.

Simple as that. Currently his latest misdemeanour is costing the club 35k a week and potentially leage points while he's on the golf course.

Roath Magic alert :roll:

I think you are 100% right on this.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, having suffered / still suffering a gambling addiction myself believe me it is not that simple. I have literally had to hand over all my cards and money to the missus and just get pocket money. Harsh but needs must.

Unlike drink or drugs its easier to disguise. The lies I have told my wife were unreal looking back on it.

Yea, it's not about given them chances. It's about getting them help.

I don't know what kind of help Chopra was offered though, if any.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Im amazed at some of the comments I've read about Bellamy.

For some reason a lot of our fans like to make a villain out of players in our squad.

The club were spot on to cover this up, they have no right to release Craig's private life.

Irrelevant of pay losing your best friend and breaking from your wife and leaving the home will have an effect on a person an any sane person would feel his job was the last thing on his mind.

Craig has a lot to offer this club and I can't wait to see him back in a city shirt.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I understand and I am not saying let Bellamy continue to have weeks off, but give him a chance this time, if it continues then he would be no good for us, I am just saying everyone deserves a second chance. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Im amazed at some of the comments I've read about Bellamy.

For some reason a lot of our fans like to make a villain out of players in our squad.

The club were spot on to cover this up, they have no right to release Craig's private life.

Irrelevant of pay losing your best friend and breaking from your wife and leaving the home will have an effect on a person an any sane person would feel his job was the last thing on his mind.

Craig has a lot to offer this club and I can't wait to see him back in a city shirt.

100% spot on. It was a damage limitation exercise. Now Craig has spoken out himself about it at the time he felt was right.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I understand and I am not saying let Bellamy continue to have weeks off, but give him a chance this time, if it continues then he would be no good for us, I am just saying everyone deserves a second chance. :ayatollah:

100%. He only missed 2 games anyway people have just gone overboard because its CB and hes our marquee player.

Anyone with a family should know family is more important than a game of football.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

100%. He only missed 2 games anyway people have just gone overboard because its CB and hes our marquee player.

Anyone with a family should know family is more important than a game of football.

Spot on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:11 pm

MalkysMankyMankini wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:As long as Craig Bellamy performs on the pitch for Cardiff City this season, what he does in his private life behind closed doors is up to him.

It was totally different with Chopra etc players like him were out there big time making a fool of themselves and not just once but dozens of times. In the end Chopra went down hill big time and thats why he has never made it big time, but Bellamy has and thats what matters.

But he isn't, and is also missing games because of it.

That then becomes our business as we are his employers by proxy. We pay his wages.

His personal life has nothing whatsoever to do with us so why are some people judging when they don't know the facts.
Let him sort out his own personal issues and play for us 100% on the field, now that is what matters to us.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:11 am

carlccfc wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:

Bit like the time when you said DJ was having an affair on here then carlos, maybe the world did not want to know about that i could name a few others to the world never needed to know, but because its CB with problems that people deal with most weeks in the real world lets wrap him up in cotton wool and say nothing of the issue on this board, he didnt seem to have probelms in the oplympics weekly or playing for liverpoll the back end of last season, this boards turned in to a Dear deidre forum the last couple of days even the missis is logging on for a read and a cry ffs with some of these threads, Its the internet thats what its all about gossip, internet facts as they say, i can not see how people can say lets leave it personal when its in the papers and talk everywhere like any other topic spoken of on here when it comes about . :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:19 am

taffyapple wrote:

That then becomes our business as we are his employers by proxy. We pay his wages.

What a f*cking ridiculous statement!!

So by your reasoning I could pop into the local kebab house when I'm home and
rip into one of the staff if I think he's been doing the dirty on his missus??

Or maybe the Ritz Cracker factory (i spend a bomb on them)

You REALLY got it in for Bellamy dont you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, again your assumptions hold no bounds.

If you were the owner of the kebab house and then employed someone on wages you could barely afford and then after one shift decided he wasn't coming to work anymore because he cheated on his missus then you would have the right to have a go at him yes.

We pay his wages, he isn't coming to work because of this... Cogito ergo sum - people will be annoyed by this.

I made NO assumptions.

YOU believe, that because we pay Bellamys wages (by proxy) we are entitled to comment on
personal private matters of his, if they affect his performance on the pitch.

So using your own reasoning. If I am a customer at a local kebab house, and their food goes downhill
for a few days because my favourite kebab-maker there is going through a marriage break up...
then I am entitled to comment and slag him off and call him names.... because (as with Bellamy)
I am paying his wages by proxy? what a load of shite

You brought the owner of the kebab house into it. And I agree, like Tan, he is entitled to question what
is going on with his employee if work is affected

but some random cock-splash wandering in bladdered calling the feller a rat and a love cheat and saying
"I pay your wages" would be laughed at and probably twatted!

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

From what I hear he had a couple of second chances but we need him back and firing. He could be the difference.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:38 am

tenerife_blu wrote:

His personal life has nothing whatsoever to do with us so why are some people judging when they don't know the facts.
Let him sort out his own personal issues and play for us 100% on the field, now that is what matters to us.

Just my feeling on the subject.But he's made his personal life public, putting a best mate before wife and kids,going out clubbing before family life,anything else I missed.And the man said he wanted to look after his wife and kids funny way of showing it.