Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would Whitts be able to cut it in the prem?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Discuss

Re: Would Whitts be able to cut it in the prem?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:04 pm

He would after be more consistent and would not be able to play wide due to is lack of pace. One thing in his favour would be you get more time in the premiership and there is no doubting is ability. So if he played a deep role with the extra time he would be given he could really hurt teams.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:19 pm

I think he would, for example if we go up this year he would still be one of the first names on the teamsheet, most of the jacks and norwich players held their own last year and whitts is on par if not better than most of them so thats my answer to that question, roll on saturday

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Yes, it's not as fast and physical as the Championship, and being the kind of player he is that would suit him nicely.

More time to do what he wants :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Could see him doing well at a team like Fulham now. His presence in midfield, and the ability to link up with a player like Berbatov would do Whitts quite nicely, I imagine.

Still, I hope to see him cut it in the PL with City next season. :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:02 pm

the truth is you dont know until he does get to play in the PL.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:58 pm

Yes. He peaked later in his career in my opinion. As the years progressed he became more mentally prepared and his reading of the game got better. I think he'd do a cracking job in the Premiership as a deep lying play maker for a team now as he can dictate a game with ease and given time in the Premiership he would only do it to more effect.

If we go up this year we need to keep him. Could be key to us staying up or coming back down. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:15 pm

I honestly believe he is as good as Charlie Adams so the answer is yes

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:11 pm

I think the only thing that holds whitts back is his pace

Maybe thats why MM uses him deep as there is no major need for pace in that position :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 pm

The difference in Football shows when Haris Vuckic came to us.. he had a stormer for Newcastle against West Brom and it took time to settle in with us and harder to work your stuff in this league.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Absolutely. With more time on the ball he would thrive in the Premiership IMO.

Weve seen the likes of Jonny Howsen, Bradley Johnson, Leon Britton (spit), etc make the step up in recent years so I have no doubt Whitts could do the same.