Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Notts Forest

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:39 am

Never done it, who's going on the Saturday 20th of next month? Heard some of the lads especially enjoy this away day for some reason. They usually give a good allocation, will we fill it? :ayatollah:

Re: Notts Forest

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:48 am

Dont call them Notts,they dont like it.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:54 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Dont call them Notts,they dont like it.

haha I know.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Dont call them Notts,they dont like it.

They prefer scabs :D

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:20 pm

Its a good trip.
we normally get given around 2000 tickets, (and have taken anything from 1200 to 2200 over previous years although we had a few more when we first came up -and won 2-1 there, brilliant day !

There is usually a good atmosphere as there are forest fans on both sides of us and above !

Its a great ground, with 4 distinct sides, decent size and normally lovely pitch.

Lots of great pubs on the way there or around the town if you are feeling brave :lol:

its also not too far - 2 1/2 hours at speed.

Plus Forest is a club which many of us can remember being at the very top and that adds to the aura of the place for me .

:ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Remember going there one year, went on a valley rams bus and the cd kept playing "plot in Splott" song.
Cardiff bred I think it was called.
Got spat on from above by Notts fans, nice, and did on the way a massive detour round the outskirts of Notts.
All for a 0-0 :lol: :lol:

Good day though :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:45 pm

i went the first year , we went up. good trip. but the stewards are bastards, no standing :lol: so we all stand. allocation decreased, who cares, we are cardiff city and we do what we want :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:49 pm

ninianblue wrote:i went the first year , we went up. good trip. but the stewards are bastards, no standing :lol: so we all stand. allocation decreased, who cares, we are cardiff city and we do what we want :ayatollah:

Didn't really have that problem on my last visit - 2-1 defeat season before last.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

been the last two seasons and have had no problems from stewards or police to be fair

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Never done it, who's going on the Saturday 20th of next month? Heard some of the lads especially enjoy this away day for some reason. They usually give a good allocation, will we fill it? :ayatollah:

Taff, not sure if me and the lads are doin this one but if we do it will be by train.Will update you after Leeds game mate. Teza. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Defo going. First trip there. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:52 pm

I am also thinking of going :ayatollah: what is the average price of a ticket? Do they do Student Prices?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:50 pm

TERRYB wrote:
Taff on the Mersey wrote:Never done it, who's going on the Saturday 20th of next month? Heard some of the lads especially enjoy this away day for some reason. They usually give a good allocation, will we fill it? :ayatollah:

Taff, not sure if me and the lads are doin this one but if we do it will be by train.Will update you after Leeds game mate. Teza. :ayatollah:

Yeh no problem Tez. I'd be training it too, Defo up for it. Just depends on who going that is the deal breaker. If any of my lot aren't going or you and you boys then its pointless me going, it's bad enough that I gotta train it from Liverpool on my todd. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 am

i will be attending this game :) always do this trip abolsute brillant, and there is a hooters not far from the ground ;)