Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bellers - I couldnt give a shit about football

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:47 pm

ninianblue wrote:a good point. your best mate dies, and you leave your wife and kids?????? :roll:

His wife asked him to leave...... :?

This presumptuous bullshit is getting tiresome.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:47 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:Met Craig on a couple of occasions. A definite winner, matured into one of the good guys and also gives something back. And he wants to end his football career as a Bluebird as a premier promotion catalyst and no doubt invaluable coaching/ambassador in the future. All of us go though a black patch at some point and come through it stronger for the main part but can't see the wood from the trees at the time. However, most of us are not the focus of media attention which I imagine adds to the problem. Us Bluebirds are as tribal and fanatical about our club as any the worldover, more than a game for most of us. We lambaste any player or manager who doesn't give 100% and quite rightly so as its a professional game and we pay for it in more ways than one. Craig is a 110%'er, part of the City family and a good guy. I know we only wish him well at this time and hope he's back in action soon professionally whilst personally, all things get back to normal for him and his family. Can we please leave the gossip and conjecture out now that it is known he's enduring a bad patch. Show support and wish him well. The job we have to do as City supporters is to support our club, team and fans properly. Let's make sure we show Craig our appreciation from the terraces when he's back, as we are Cardiff City and we look after our own. :ayatollah:

My arguement is He will probably find playing football more a benifit than not playing , what good is moping around thinking about the problems and spending time on your own, going out drinking being away from training. Knowing the type of person he is I'm sure he's probably on a downer after representing team GB having domestic quarrels and obviously coming to terms with his getting older and looking at life after football in whats been a long gruelling season.
He doesn't have anything left to prove, He had a great career and made fantastic money, called up to Great britain was the ultimate testomony to him as a player, regarded one of 3 senior players in the uk shows he is one of the best we have
and quite frankly, with speed passing and finally being home in cardiff possibly losing his his wife. if he wants to call it a day

Good luck To him,

but if he chooses us, walking out on the pitch seeing the fans are behind him 100% and that we care for his personal well being,
would be a truely inspiring for help him massively to overcome this

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:38 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Difference is Chopra never bothered sorting his f**king problems.

Difference was Chopra still played for Cardiff even with his Marriage going tits ups and his other troubles . While Bellers was quite happy to play for Team GB and Liverpool after the death of Gary Speed . Gary Speed did die some 10 months ago :roll: