Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football injury

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Today while playing a football match, I booted the goal post full belt in frustration, now I have a hell of a pain above my foot, more to the back of my football and it kills to walk! there's no brusing or nothing just execpt for a lump!

Anyone else had a injury like this before? Is it a serious thing or will it go away tomorrow?

Re: Football injury

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:16 pm

Walk it off.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:17 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:Today while playing a football match, I booted the goal post full belt in frustration, now I have a hell of a pain above my foot, more to the back of my football and it kills to walk! there's no brusing or nothing just execpt for a lump!

Anyone else had a injury like this before? Is it a serious thing or will it go away tomorrow?

Try stretching it, then put a frozen bag of peas on there :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:19 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:Today while playing a football match, I booted the goal post full belt in frustration, now I have a hell of a pain above my foot, more to the back of my football and it kills to walk! there's no brusing or nothing just execpt for a lump!

I'd be worried if you have a football above your foot :?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:21 pm

I had a ice pack on there for a good bit now!

I had pins and needles all day in my foot, does that mean anything ?

If I learnt one thing today it is, the goal post is always harder than you :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:21 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:
I had pins and needles all day in my foot, does that mean anything ?

I always have pins and needles, so dont worry :lol:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:22 pm

hywel wrote:

I'd be worried if you have a football above your foot :?

:lol:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:22 pm

lots of ice and heat, bit of deepheat, few stretches and shown be slightly better keep doing it for few days

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:27 pm

citybluechris wrote:lots of ice and heat, bit of deepheat, few stretches and shown be slightly better keep doing it for few days

Yeh hoping so butty! Got another game in a few days! :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Why come on here surely its a case of medical attention :o :o :o :o

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:38 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Why come on here surely its a case of medical attention :o :o :o :o

Well I thought somebody on here might have had the same type of injury before sol like!

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:40 pm

You need medical attention if its that bad

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:48 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:You need medical attention if its that bad

I just thought I asked first sol like mun

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Metartarsal injury I've suffered in the past ,it's very uncomfortable feeling.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Metatar ... ctures.htm

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:12 pm

Xcasual wrote:Metartarsal injury I've suffered in the past ,it's very uncomfortable feeling.

Yeh that's sounds like it butty! What did you do butty, just rest in for a week ?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:16 pm

you've got POST match injury syndrome

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 pm

stickywicket wrote:you've got POST match injury syndrome

:cry: Haha

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:22 pm

All this advice is wrong.

Best thing for a football injury is 3 weeks on the booze and playing golf as Bellamy has shown

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:24 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:All this advice is wrong.

Best thing for a football injury is 3 weeks on the booze and playing golf as Bellamy has shown

:lol:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:03 am

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:
Xcasual wrote:Metartarsal injury I've suffered in the past ,it's very uncomfortable feeling.

Yeh that's sounds like it butty! What did you do butty, just rest in for a week ?

Plenty of ice and rest

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:33 am

Pretty much whats been said, ice to reduce swelling if there is any, and rest. If you have still have any problems just see a doctor.