Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

bellew

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:58 pm

big win for bellew tonight, hes grown leaps and bounds last few years, cleverly fight have been a huge turning point for the bomber, if him and cleverly had a rematch id lean towards bellew for get the win this time round, good performance tonight bellew but no more show boating during the fights :lol:

Re: bellew

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:01 pm

Bored the life out of me. Clev is so far ahead of him

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Porthcawl_Bluebird wrote:Bored the life out of me. Clev is so far ahead of him

I totally agree had a tenner on bellow to win and to stop him not impressed at all.Cleverley way too good :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Yea was boring till round 7 glimpses though and i am a cleverly fan but if hes leaps and bounds why is he fighting the karpenceys and that guy next month cant even bother to try spell that guys name? Yes bellew fought a old miranda but thats better than any of the joke opponents cleverly fighting.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:27 pm

citybluechris wrote:

Yea was boring till round 7 glimpses though and i am a cleverly fan but if hes leaps and bounds why is he fighting the karpenceys and that guy next month cant even bother to try spell that guys name? Yes bellew fought a old miranda but thats better than any of the joke opponents cleverly fighting.

That's down to frank warren! He done the same with joe calzaghe and its because of frank warren that calzaghe will never be seen as an all time great because he left it to late before he dumped warren. All frank warren wants is easy fights for his prize possessions so they don't lose and he can keep raking in the money. If nathan cleverly ever wants to be seen as a great fighter then he needs to take risks and dump that tw*t warren and find someone who won't be scared to get him the big fights state side etc

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:47 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:
citybluechris wrote:

That's down to frank warren! He done the same with joe calzaghe and its because of frank warren that calzaghe will never be seen as an all time great because he left it to late before he dumped warren. All frank warren wants is easy fights for his prize possessions so they don't lose and he can keep raking in the money. If nathan cleverly ever wants to be seen as a great fighter then he needs to take risks and dump that tw*t warren and find someone who won't be scared to get him the big fights state side etc

completley agree 100% needs to leave warren soon as he can, untill then hes going to be called paper champion and a joke with the fighters hes facing as a world champion

Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:23 am

I like Cleverley but he will get knocked out soon unless he starts using his guard properly.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:45 am

If you're bored then change the channel ..

Tony was a one dimensional fighter.. Hence his nickname the Bomber.
He has over the past few fights altered his style,simply because he understands what it takes to become a world champion.
On a whole Bellew has been in more entertaining fights that Clev has through the career to date and whilst Nathan has shown Class and style, he has at times lacked the power. Tony is the opposite.

Many say the Clev fight was the turning point but for me it was the second Mckezie fight,The first was a rip roaring toe to toe encounter whilst the second was a (Boring as you would call it) calculated fight plan that wouldn't endanger Tony, and prove to many doubters he does have good boxing skills and he can execute a game plan and follow orders.

Also under Eddie Hearn you have a promoter who wants to put his fighters in the deep end.

Who is Clev fighting next ?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:36 am

Won a little £20 at 3/1 that the fight will end between round 7and 9 :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Cleverley lacks the power. Great boxing skills, but he's not strong enough
to keep the better fighters off. In a rematch I think Bellew would just take
more risks and catch up with Cleverley by about 7 or 8 rounds