Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T New Website Search Engine Ranking

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi
I've just created a website for my mate who's opened a new cafe in Tredegar. I'm not the greatest at these things and would like to know if anyone know of ways to boost his sites traffic and also get it ranked higher on the search engines especially google? It's all registered with all the search engines but when you type in details about it doesn't even appear on the first 50 pages even typing in the full web address.

Any tips and advise would be most welcome!

Whilst I've mentioned it have a look and let me know what you think. I went today and the quality of the food is very good and very reasonable. www.slimscafe.co.uk He's open early from 5:30am and situated just off the heads of the valleys on the way into Tredegar by the Texaco garage. Well worth remembering for them early trips up north on a cold Saturday morning. No better way to start a football trip off with a breakfast roll!

Thanks in advance again!

Re: O/T New Website Search Engine Ranking

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:37 pm

No hash brown on the £3 breakfast shocking :o :o :o

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm no expert but i'll tell you what i know

give it time. Google does take time to rank sites

place yourself in the customer position. What will they search for? they probably won't search for 'tasty food in terdegar'
more like to be 'cafe in tredegar' or 'breakfast in tredegar' so make sure this phrase appears in the contect of your site. Cos google like search phrases to be found in the site content.

make sure your facebook page and twitter account linked to web site. Google likes social media.

i think you got a scan of the menu on the site. that's no good. google can't read it.

have a news page or similar. google likes content that changes but is always relevant.

lastly, try and get other related web sites to link to your site.

under the bonnet dont forget to label all the photos on your site with words that people will search for. don't forget the meta tags etc but make sure they relate to what your customers will search for.

hope this helps.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:28 am

Thanks Boys!

I'll tell him about the hash brown!

I know about the menu but I haven't been given the proper documents so had to pinch them from his Facebook account. They don't download well. As soon as I get the proper documents off him I'll be uploading them. Good idea about the news page. I'm waiting on the twitter and Facebook accounts from him.

Once again thanks.

Pop in the grub is good!

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:45 am

it takes time to build your rank up and move up the pages, it also helps if you pay a company you put u near the top and in the sponsered results, e.g. search engine easy

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:02 am

He's a f*cking nerve calling it "Slims"