Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ramsey?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:14 pm

not the player he was, cant get a start in the arsenal team. overated maybe? :roll:

Re: ramsey?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:17 pm

not overated at all the best we got in that role !

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Give him a break. The only people that can be critisised for over hyping him is us city fans but you cant blame the lad for not being as good as he was after suffering a leg break. Itll take him a few seasons to get back to his best and hes only 21 got a long career ahead of him. He will also get game times with Arsenal specially with Champions League about to start. To be honest if he doesnt get picked much this seasona and we go up we should buy him back. Theres still alot more to come from him but he still has alot to learn just like any other young player

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Unfortunately he'll never be the player he could have been. Shawcross has seen to that.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:21 pm

post injury. i thought he was a player for the future, where will he go from here, not getting a start in the arsenal team, ?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Unfortunately he'll never be the player he could have been. Shawcross has seen to that.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:31 pm

RobP wrote:Unfortunately he'll never be the player he could have been. Shawcross has seen to that.

do you think he left us too early in his career, many players want the high life in the prem, but run before they can walk, :roll:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Rambo was on SKY news last week. He said that he is not starting games for the Arsenal because he missed pre-season training to play in the Olympics. Wenger told him straight.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:41 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Rambo was on SKY news last week. He said that he is not starting games for the Arsenal because he missed pre-season training to play in the Olympics. Wenger told him straight.

Exactlly Wenger rates him highly. That reason is why he started every game last season for the first 3-4 months. He didnt miss a single minute!

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:12 pm

ninianblue wrote:
RobP wrote:Unfortunately he'll never be the player he could have been. Shawcross has seen to that.

do you think he left us too early in his career, many players want the high life in the prem, but run before they can walk, :roll:

No. they're the same as us. it's a career and if you get the chance at a young age to sit at the top table you have to take it.

what will be will be. but you gotta go for it

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:21 pm

RobP wrote:
ninianblue wrote:

No. they're the same as us. it's a career and if you get the chance at a young age to sit at the top table you have to take it.

yeah true, but you got to learn your trade, yeah its hard in this game. as money dominates

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 pm

ninianblue wrote:
RobP wrote:
ninianblue wrote:

yeah true, but you got to learn your trade, yeah its hard in this game. as money dominates

so in that respect, yes you're right. If every team paid the same wages then he should have stayed, grown up a bit, learned his trade. Then when he was ready gone up a level.

But if a prem club's going to gamble on you and set u up for life then what would you do?

The move to Arsenal meant he could succeed or fail in football, but either way he'll walk away financially set up for life.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 pm

he must return to the CCS. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:26 pm

i do think he gives the ball away . to many times. hes a good footballer .but not a great :roll:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:38 pm

ninianblue wrote:i do think he gives the ball away . to many times. hes a good footballer .but not a great :roll:

Would still have him here anyday :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:44 pm

yeah me to :ayatollah: wasted at arsenal :lol:

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:14 am

I think he still has the potential to be a great player but at times his decision making is off. He has all the right tools but tends to hold on to the ball for to long which I feel is his main flaw. Personally I think if he sorts that out he'll be a very good player.