Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hooligan Flicks..

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Growing up in the 80's I often saw trouble at the football but was far to young to comprehend what was actually going on.
I was in the family stand with my dad when the jacks decided to start throwing seats at children, you see I was a PROUD JUNIOUR BLUEBIRD who collected the Tokens of the back page of the echo.As the years went on I attended more games aways with mates and saw more of what the media call the dark side of football.
My first ever propper scrap at a match was away at spurs in the League cup, I can remember going up on a coach and as we got closer jumping out the back door of it at a traffic light to head off away from the waiting police reception.

Me and my panasonic pal Robert Warmsley aswell as a few others jotted around, but it was leaving the game we ended up in a basketball or tennis court or whatever it was near to the ground and had a song and dance with a few yids.. Honestly I threw the gayest punch eve, in fact I did more damage to my fist than the yid that I hit .

The whole concept and idea of the HOOLIGAN/CASUAL/ YOB Whatever they're called
Was for me glorified by one film when I was growing up,

I.D.

I used to watch it religiously.. I swear I could recite the script lyric for lyric at one point in my teen years.
Since then we've had a whole host of flicks, some new, some remade ... Some absolutely f*cking awfull (green street 2 WTF!!)

But they all seem to have one connection..

f*cking Londoners!!!!!!

When is someone going to make a genuine (accurate if possible) story of US?

I remember when Lakeys SoulCrew came out there was gossip and rumours of Danny Boyle drafting a script Robert Carlyle drinking in Cardiff to grasp the accent and culture and what not...

But nothing..

The Firm old and new
I.D.
Football Factory
Rise of the Footsoldier
Green street are all Londoners!!!

Something needs to be done.

Re: Hooligan Flicks..

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:15 pm

If I remember right, Irvine Welsh tried to get a film off the ground about Cardiff?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Welsh got the ball rolling and wanted Boyle to direct it on the back of the Trainspptting success.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:18 pm

aj1927 wrote:Growing up in the 80's I often saw trouble at the football but was far to young to comprehend what was actually going on.
I was in the family stand with my dad when the jacks decided to start throwing seats at children, you see I was a PROUD JUNIOUR BLUEBIRD who collected the Tokens of the back page of the echo.As the years went on I attended more games aways with mates and saw more of what the media call the dark side of football.
My first ever propper scrap at a match was away at spurs in the League cup, I can remember going up on a coach and as we got closer jumping out the back door of it at a traffic light to head off away from the waiting police reception.

Me and my panasonic pal Robert Warmsley aswell as a few others jotted around, but it was leaving the game we ended up in a basketball or tennis court or whatever it was near to the ground and had a song and dance with a few yids.. Honestly I threw the gayest punch eve, in fact I did more damage to my fist than the yid that I hit .

I.D.

I used to watch it religiously.. I swear I could recite the script lyric for lyric at one point in my teen years.
Since then we've had a whole host of flicks, some new, some remade ... Some absolutely f*cking awfull (green street 2 WTF!!)

f*cking Londoners!!!!!!

I remember when Lakeys SoulCrew came out there was gossip and rumours of Danny Boyle drafting a script Robert Carlyle drinking in Cardiff to grasp the accent and culture and what not...

But nothing..

The Firm old and new
I.D.
Football Factory
Rise of the Footsoldier

Agree with all that mate although i wouldn't count rise of the foot soldier as a 'hooligan film' as such as it's based on a london gangster, and football hooliganism only makes up a small part of the film but i do agree with u, it always seems to be about west ham, millwall, chelsea in the films

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:21 pm

aj1927 wrote:Welsh got the ball rolling and wanted Boyle to direct it on the back of the Trainspptting success.

My cousin is a hibee and I remember him talking about it... Way back mind.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Football factory is a funny film lol really enjoyed that film for its comedy value. Greenstreet was embarrassing so I gave greenstreet 2 a miss. Cass was shit as well, although we do get a few mentions in that film. Shame they never did get around to making that soul crew film in the end, think it would have made an interesting film to say the least! Wasn't the idea scraped because of public opinion or was it just down to not being able to raise funds to make the film?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:30 pm

aj1927 wrote:Growing up in the 80's I often saw trouble at the football but was far to young to comprehend what was actually going on.

I.D.

f*cking Londoners!!!!!!

But nothing..

The Firm old and new
I.D.
Football Factory
Rise of the Footsoldier

top bloke rob ,spurs away was a awesome day out our bus from the grand slam was rocking :lol:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Wes you're spot on... Trip up was awesome ..
I just remember skinning up joint after joint after joint on the trip up.

How things with you wes?

Tony :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:47 pm

I remember The whole away section singing "Where's ya Forskin Gone? WHERE'S YA FORSKIN GONE?"
And flapping your hands in the air singing "Do the Seaman" and spurs fans joining in..

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:00 pm

aj1927 wrote:Wes you're spot on... Trip up was awesome ..

How things with you wes?

not bad mate just pissed off with the ban im on but at least i get to watch every city home game online :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:09 pm

How things with you wes?

As we come out of the ground was there a school or something because I remember it going off pretty good there

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Xcasual wrote:

How things with you wes?

As we come out of the ground was there a school or something because I remember it going off pretty good there

thats it.........honestly mate i was AWESOME :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: