Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I feel sorry for our Wales internationals

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:03 pm

The football under Speed was brilliant and the players responded to it and were receptive to his methodologies and philosophy. Him and his back room staff. Credit where it's due to be fair.

Then the FAW, or Donkey Brigade, go and give a job to a Welshman on no merit at all. The players look drained as if this has become a joke. I don't blame them one bit.

How can they not laugh or feel disheartened when the Donkey Brigade are working this jobs for the boys nonsense? Manager on merit please.

As much as I love Wales and the people in the country there are times when I wish these talented individuals were born elsewhere so they could maximise their potential at int level. The Donkey Brigade are taking the piss out of them.

It's disgusting. If we had Ramsey back, as much as I'd hate it because he's one hell of a bloke and everyone Welsh wants the best for him I'd ask him to retire and focus all his energy on Cardiff. Is it any wonder Giggs has not really been arsed? Why should he bother when the very people who should be nurturing and assisting this talent are taking the piss out of them.

Fell so sorry for the likes of Bale, Ramsey, Allen and Taylor and I hope Malky convinces Bellamy to pack it in.

FAW are taking the piss.

Re: I feel sorry for our Wales internationals

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Yeah, like it must be a real chore for them to put on a welsh shirt and put in a shift for there country! BLESS EM.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:57 pm

The faw gives thw job to colemab on no merit at all? Enlighten me on what merit speed had for the faw to appoint him?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Ok so I shall ask you the same as I ask anyone who says the same as I'm yet to receive a decent answer.

What is Coleman doing differently to speed that you dislike? Remember appends managerial pedigree was terrible, he took Sheffield utd to bottom of the league where we snapped him up. Coleman has a better record. The tactics seem about the same and considering we had Taylor, Allen and Bellamy out and with 10 men I don't think our performance against the 3rd most expensive meter national side in the world was bad at all.

I think people are looking for excuses and almost want him to fail.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Speeds managerial record *

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:46 pm

brian flynn was the obvious choice for me,and cheap enough for the faw pricks

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Chris Coleman had merit from his managing at English and Spanish clubs..and remember he was still young for a manager at those clubs.

Gary speed was on the brink of the sack at Sheffield Utd when he got the Welsh job.....

Speed did well but it proves it's not all about "merit" in past jobs.

Small squad means massive emphasis on injuries, opposition and luck.

Why do people look for someone to blame ? Why not just say the opposition were better ?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:39 pm

did coleman not get booted out of his spanish job after a couple of months?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Results wise in Spain Coleman he did very well.....but he did not see eye to eye with the club President so walked...leaving his club just behind Barcelona, Real and Valencia...not bad ?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:28 pm

citybluechris wrote:The faw gives thw job to colemab on no merit at all? Enlighten me on what merit speed had for the faw to appoint him?

Speed was a likeable guy who had proven himself on the pitch big time. Was very respectable, other players looked up to him, other players took on board what he said thus he was the ideal candidate to help educate our very young and up and coming team.

With a young team you don't want some man to come in and give it the big one. I had this job in Spain blah blah. You want an honest guy the players can relate to and the manager can nurture. You want a guy who demands authority and respect and knows how to utilise it to get the best performances out of his players.

Gary Speed was that.

Coleman was a good pro but he was no Gary Speed, that is without question. People with those qualities and traits are a rare breed.

Also, On 4 May 2010, Coleman was sacked following Coventry's 19th place finish during the 2009–10 season,[13] their lowest league finish in more than 45 years.

Nobody wanted to take the gamble on Coleman and he went and managed Larissa. His record there was great but come on, no British side wanted to gamble on him for obvious reasons. I'd rather Dave Jones manage Wales and he has as much charisma as a paving slab.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:38 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
citybluechris wrote:The faw gives thw job to colemab on no merit at all? Enlighten me on what merit speed had for the faw to appoint him?

Speed was a likeable guy who had proven himself on the pitch big time. Was very respectable, other players looked up to him, other players took on board what he said thus he was the ideal candidate to help educate our very young and up and coming team.

With a young team you don't want some man to come in and give it the big one. I had this job in Spain blah blah. You want an honest guy the players can relate to and the manager can nurture. You want a guy who demands authority and respect and knows how to utilise it to get the best performances out of his players.

Gary Speed was that.

Coleman was a good pro but he was no Gary Speed, that is without question. People with those qualities and traits are a rare breed.

Also, On 4 May 2010, Coleman was sacked following Coventry's 19th place finish during the 2009–10 season,[13] their lowest league finish in more than 45 years.

Nobody wanted to take the gamble on Coleman and he went and managed Larissa. His record there was great but come on, no British side wanted to gamble on him for obvious reasons. I'd rather Dave Jones manage Wales and he has as much charisma as a paving slab.

What rubbish.

You think Coleman has come in and said to all the players "I had his job in Spain" etc etc :lol:

Speed was a decent player and a very average manager. He did well for Wales, but so have others in the past. Mark Hughes arguably had a worse side yet his results were far superior to speeds tenure. It isn't difficult to beat the likes of San Marino with Ramsey, Allen, Bellamy, bale, Williams, Taylor, Matthews etc and I'm sure when it settles down Coleman will do just as well.

He certainly as a better managerial pedigree than speed ever had.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:51 am

Is a tragedy what happened to Gary Speed, think we would have done well this world cup campaign with him. What's also a tragedy is, I went to watch wales vs belgium and they weren't even selling any alcohol in the stadium. #nevergoing-a-fuckingagain

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:21 am

barry boy wrote:Results wise in Spain Coleman he did very well.....but he did not see eye to eye with the club President so walked...leaving his club just behind Barcelona, Real and Valencia...not bad ?

Where the hell did you get this from??

When Coleman was in charge of Real Sociedad, they weren't even in the same division as Barca, Real or Valencia...

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:36 am

When Speed was interviewed for the Swansea job it was more important to him that his standing in the game was good making Swansea a retirement home and last chance saloon for his mates was all that was on his mind, didn't once mention our style or philosophy and how he could enhance it, think that's why Brendan was appointed.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:51 pm

RedBluebird wrote:

Gary Speed was that.

proving yourself on the pitch is very different to being a manager ask alan shearer for example, you just spouted alot of crap is unbeilevable, coleman record was a very decent one and its funny how you state coleman was sacked by coventry but that club was on the downhill long before he got there and please tell me how speed was doing with sheff utd? he was on danger of getting the sack but would that all be different because of your theory he was respected on the pitch? coleman left his job in spain by mutual consent was not sacked and was doing a decent job and in greece he was doing a brilliant job.

you can be the most respected and likeable guy on the pitch but management is a different ball game, i hope whatever you studying up in uni that you focus on that and not make a tit out of yourself like you have on here. :ayatollah: