Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT petrol pumps

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:33 pm

I often joke how the pumps are set up to always go an extra penny when you stop filling. Today I didn't bother trying to get a "round pound" and released the trigger bang on £29.99. As I put the handset back in it's holder the display jumped to £30.01. The checkout operator said "it's not the first time" and handed me 2p from the till. 2p not really an issue but could it be the pumps are fixed or was that just a glitch? :roll: :roll: CCFC

Re: OT petrol pumps

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:51 pm

taffy123 wrote:I often joke how the pumps are set up to always go an extra penny when you stop filling. Today I didn't bother trying to get a "round pound" and released the trigger bang on £29.99. As I put the handset back in it's holder the display jumped to £30.01. The checkout operator said "it's not the first time" and handed me 2p from the till. 2p not really an issue but could it be the pumps are fixed or was that just a glitch? :roll: :roll: CCFC

Asda in aberdare is the worse always goes a penny over on 2 of their diesel pumps :twisted:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Tesco metro on Manor Way has £10 set buttons. If you want to put £30 in you just press the button 3 times then the pump stops at £30. Asda is the worst I find ,it doesn't matter how hard I try to get a zero on the end it just won't happen. I

If you think about it ,over a week in Britain that would be a lot of extra cash totaled up

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:58 pm

taffy123 wrote:I often joke how the pumps are set up to always go an extra penny when you stop filling. Today I didn't bother trying to get a "round pound" and released the trigger bang on £29.99. As I put the handset back in it's holder the display jumped to £30.01. The checkout operator said "it's not the first time" and handed me 2p from the till. 2p not really an issue but could it be the pumps are fixed or was that just a glitch? :roll: :roll: CCFC

I have to agree with you it happened to me the other day at Tesco in Western Ave, pump showed £30.00, when I went in to pay they wanted £30.01, I queried it and staff member stated what ever was on the screen is what you pay, convinced they are programmed to overcharge!!

Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:05 pm

That's ironic lol,

I put in £20 today, went in to pay and it was £20.01, :lol: :lol:

Bloody Texaco :D , if that's happening for every transaction they'll be loaded soon

Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:58 pm

funny you should say that its happened a couple times to me recently different places never done it before!! think we are being taken for ride again! :o