Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

COOKIE.......CRUMBLED

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:31 pm

As a person I've always liked Chris Coleman. He seems down to earth,quite open modest and very honest.
As a player I found him to be dedicated and played higher than he probably deserved within his limited ability.
As a manger I've found he doesn't have the backbone or tactical know-how to be a controlling force.

Now under the circstance of which he took over I'm sure Chris wouldve loved to hear Gary's opinion and thoughts on his appoinent but obviously that was not possible.
When Chris was appointed there was a backlash from the players lead by the captain and coaching staff.
If Gary had been sacked by the FAW then by all means there should've been no reason whatsoever for them to consult anyone, however due to Garys unfortunate and untimely death leaving his position open and all remaining staff in limbo.

Now it's been well publicised that Raymond wanted the position and Ramsey also wanted this as an Oppurtunity to continue and attempt to finish Gary's legacy. I feel the FAW had a chance to see this through but again acted with ignorance and short sighted vision.
Putting Cookie in the way they did has created a bigger divide within the nation.
I have seen no improvement in anyway shape or form under the few games he has been in charge, and we seem to be going backwards.
Now Costa Rica, Mexico and Belgium are all excellent sides and host a wealth of talent and experience, so I'm not to suprised at the results but I really do fear this could turn out to be one of our worst campaigns yet.

Hope I'm wrong though..

Re: COOKIE.......CRUMBLED

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:39 pm

i almost feel sorry for Coleman a little bit. He wouldnt wanted to have the Wales job in these circumstances. but he isnt realy a good enough manager, and unfortunately for us as fans, the Wales team that was showing so much promise a year ago is now going backwards

Re: COOKIE.......CRUMBLED

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:47 pm

He took over a Fulham and steadied the rocky ship that Tigana and Collins had left and that is his highest achievement in managerial career..He has done very little since then.

And nothing in his CV says that he is capable of managering at an international level.