Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why is a low gate acceptable by the FAW?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm sorry but looking around and seeing that many empty seats isn't really acceptable. For some though it seems quite normal and now totally accepted to have low gates at Wales games.

When you consider it though, you've got over 100,000 Cardiff fans alone to canvas. I don't know how many Jacks are on their database but there's going to be quite a lot. Even Cwnty are getting 5000 gates these days. Then you've got the countless collective ammounts of fans from all the other Welsh clubs. That's without touching on the Premier glory Welsh fans.

With all those Welsh football fans to nag, the FAW should have more than sold out weeks ago. Now, the only reason I can come up with why they don't is that they don't really want to. They just stage the games and then live in hope as to who is going to turn up. Some might not like this home truth but the facts don't lie. Not good enough off the field, simple as that really.

Re: Why is a low gate acceptable by the FAW?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:19 pm

I understand your sentiments, but to be quite honest with you, I'd rather they focused on improving the Welsh league. They need to get more investment and encourage locals to watch their local side competing in the Welsh leagues.

Thats just me. Personally, if I was high up in the FAW I'd do everything in my power to improve the Welsh League and grass roots football, which should have a domino effect on the national team. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:24 pm

The pricing was correct in my opinion £20 for adults and £5 concessions. Just look at the talent on show in the Belgium side would cost over double to watch those players in a premiership game. They can't make people turn its up to the Welsh public to support the team, I'm sure if Gary Speed was in charge last night it would have sold out.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I understand your sentiments, but to be quite honest with you, I'd rather they focused on improving the Welsh league. They need to get more investment and encourage locals to watch their local side competing in the Welsh leagues.

Thats just me. Personally, if I was high up in the FAW I'd do everything in my power to improve the Welsh League and grass roots football, which should have a domino effect on the national team. :ayatollah:

Very hypocritical of you saying they must improve the Welsh league yet you do not yourself? :old: :old: :old:

I was not at the game but a friend of mine was and he said that two out of the three fans interviewed at half time were United plastic fans, the other one a Bluebird. It is of my belief that Cardiff and Swansea fans in the era of success for both clubs cannot be bothered to support a failing side anymore.

:old: :old:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I understand your sentiments, but to be quite honest with you, I'd rather they focused on improving the Welsh league. They need to get more investment and encourage locals to watch their local side competing in the Welsh leagues.

Very hypocritical of you saying they must improve the Welsh league yet you do not yourself? :old: :old: :old:

I was not at the game but a friend of mine was and he said that two out of the three fans interviewed at half time were United plastic fans, the other one a Bluebird. It is of my belief that Cardiff and Swansea fans in the era of success for both clubs cannot be bothered to support a failing side anymore.

I do not what myself? :?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Berwyn wrote:Not good enough off the field, simple as that really.

Not good enough on the field either, which is the main reason why we are getting poor attendances.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

You do not support the league yourself by following the City, now do not ignore the rest of my post.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I admit I've only seen Bridgend Town play once (actually wasn't a bad game) and yes I see Cardiff more often but thats due to the fact that Cardiff is the team I support. I would watch Bridgend play if I wasn't working or if Cardiff played away.

I didn't ignore the rest of your post I just didn't feel the need to reply to it.
You do not support the league yourself by following the City, now do not ignore the rest of my post.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:The pricing was correct in my opinion £20 for adults and £5 concessions. Just look at the talent on show in the Belgium side would cost over double to watch those players in a premiership game. They can't make people turn its up to the Welsh public to support the team, I'm sure if Gary Speed was in charge last night it would have sold out.

My thoughts exactly.