Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE FAW

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:14 am

I hate to say this but international football is currently a luxury that I can do without. At £20 a ticket, I won't be going to watch the dross that we are going to serve up. Yeah the players played with "heart" etc last night but even before the red card, we had some good chances and still didn't have the quality to put them away.

I'll be honest, my allegiance is to my club and has been for a number of years. I refused to go and watch Wales under Tocshack because I'd rather have payed £20 to have each of my testicles bitten off by piranhas than watch that embarrising mess. When he went and we got Speed in, I thought that the FAW had yet again gone for the easy option of an average, cheap, Welsh manager that would just get us by. I'm happy to hold my hands up and say that wasn't the case. Now either they did make that sort of choice and got VERY lucky or they spotted what speedo had and went for it. It's Chris Colemans appointment though that makes me think it was probably a fluke.

When Speedo died, the FAW had the most important decision to make probably in their history. They HAD to get in a manager that was going to galvanise a nation who were devastated by Gay's death. They either needed to go all out and bring in someone like Mark Hughes who would have totally read the situation, gone after a top class name and for once paid the money that a very good manager would bring OR they should have given it Osian and Raymond to carry on what Gary had started.

What they did do though was make an appointment that for me, flattened all the dreams we had and sent us back to the Toshack days. Coleman is not the man for the job. Neither does he galvanise a nation. He may only be a few games into his tenior but you can already see that the players don't want to play for him, they pull out of friendliest (something that didn't happen under Speed) and they are happy to put in abject performances.

The FAW are massively to blame and I will refuse to ever pay stupid prices like £20 to ever watch a Coleman team. If they want support, charge a tenna and "try" and win fans around. Even better, get rid of Coleman and have some balls to appoint a proper manager whatever his nationality. I'd rather have a Swedish manager who is right for the job rather than a poor Welshman.

Sort it out FAW