Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAW hypocrites

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:14 am

11 of the 22 players tonight were English born yet the FAW were dead against Team GB for some bizarre reason. They are chasing two more English born players in Turner and Shawcross who thankfully turned the opportunity down as they are proud to be English. The English players in the Welsh team have probably never been to Wales before they started playing for them, it's a shambles. 11 Welshmen equals more passion.

The Anti GB team on here who support Wales need a f*cking rethink, the Welsh team soon will be full of English players due to the FAW, is there any difference?

:old: :old:

Re: FAW hypocrites

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:16 am

Its just f**king desperate. I'd rather go out with a full squad of Welsh players.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:19 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Its just f**king desperate. I'd rather go out with a full squad of Welsh players.

Problem is can we even put together a team of full welsh players at a decent standard?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:19 am

i'd rather have a pathetic welsh team then have a good team half full of non welsh players.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:42 am

Well name us 11 welshmen then????
We dont have 11 pro welsh players good enough for international football :lol:
So we make do with any old player.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:57 am

I see these as two differnt questions.

The Welsh FA was against Team GB because it will threaten our independant status. And at some point it will. Leaving aside that Team GB was a complete waste of time.

Wales pick the best players available cos thems the rules. We already have a limited amout of people to pick from compared to larger countries so it allows us to compete. (unless we go down to 10 men!)
France did it and won a world cup, so eveyone else does it now. And if everyone else does it, we have to.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:47 pm

griff105 wrote:I see these as two differnt questions.

The Welsh FA was against Team GB because it will threaten our independant status. And at some point it will. Leaving aside that Team GB was a complete waste of time.

Wales pick the best players available cos thems the rules. We already have a limited amout of people to pick from compared to larger countries so it allows us to compete. (unless we go down to 10 men!)
France did it and won a world cup, so eveyone else does it now. And if everyone else does it, we have to.

Team GB never posed a threat to our independance, it was pathetic and Anti English. By f**k do you really think English fans and the FA would want England to be disbanded? Everyone who was against it didn't have a modicum of common sense and were very insular.

Surely a bigger threat to our identity is to have all English players in our team? By the way the French team of 98 and the current German squad are full of foreign born players who have LIVED in France for years and years due to immigration much like Earnie who in my mind is Welsh (The Nazis on here won't agree). The English players in our team are born in England and were brought up in England and probably never been to Wales in their lives before playing for us. Qualifying through a Welsh grandparent is lovely but by f**k they surely cannot feel Welsh?

:old: :old: :old:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
griff105 wrote:I see these as two differnt questions.

Team GB never posed a threat to our independance, it was pathetic and Anti English. By f**k do you really think English fans and the FA would want England to be disbanded? Everyone who was against it didn't have a modicum of common sense and were very insular.

Surely a bigger threat to our identity is to have all English players in our team? By the way the French team of 98 and the current German squad are full of foreign born players who have LIVED in France for years and years due to immigration much like Earnie who in my mind is Welsh (The Nazis on here won't agree). The English players in our team are born in England and were brought up in England and probably never been to Wales in their lives before playing for us. Qualifying through a Welsh grandparent is lovely but by f**k they surely cannot feel Welsh?

:old: :old: :old:

spot on.if a fellow has lived in a country for most his life then that,s fair enough if he plays for them.in most cases peoples identity is forged in the school years .that is where they are taught and given the countries history etc. the english f.a would NEVER agree to something like team g.b if it could long term wreck their cash cow.if you like your welshness will get watered down by the english /welshmen in your team so ironically wales will end up with a british type of team anyway.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Birthplace is irrelevent.

Some players ARE (lets face it) English, Jack Collison for a start.