Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SIMON INSOLE STORY

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:09 am

Got so many stories about Simon as have lot's of us, one that sticks in my mind was West Ham away around 2005. We had a full on mob of nutters out that day and the Met were taking the firm but fair approach, you know the type, smash the Welsh twats and if they answer back arrest them, fair enough.

Anyway half time down in the packed concourse the drinks bar was a shambles and it kicked of between a couple of city fans over who was next in turn, something over nothing and the boys would have sorted it themselves if left alone.

Anyway the call goes out and a full squad of riot cops lined up in the top end of the concourse and just charged the full length battering everyone in their way.

When they got to within about thirty yards of our main group of nutters, our boys didn't wait for it and just ran straight towards the met's finest, now standing in this gap having come down the steps was Simon and the West Ham spotter.

Simon told me he looked across and seen a huge mob of ours foaming at the mouth and running straight towards him, he said to me "Gwyn I thought this is it and I'm going to get trampled",but just as they got close one of our faces shouted to the lads "not him, he's with us"

Simon said he never felt so proud and even the West Ham spotter was pissing himself laughing.

Great bloke, great friend massive loss, I don't say this lightly but I genuinely feel that without Simon and a few others, we wouldn't be in this new stadium, our own fans and I include myself in that were messing it up with our behavior, and the Council had categorically stated that unless there was an end to the troubles, there'd be no stadium.

Luckily Simon was there at the right time for us all to pull together and that stadium will forever be a part of his legacy.

Re: SIMON INSOLE STORY

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:18 am

Great story fair play :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:19 am

Simon was a top bloke Gwyn, he will be sadly missed :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Interesting thoughts about Simon and the new stadium, Gwyn.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:42 pm

Yep i remember that trip well, wasn"t it the famous i chuck fruit trip :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Great story, Gwyn!

:ayatollah:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:29 pm

He was a top bloke , my first memory of him was Talking to us City fans about the game as we watched from the Bob Bank .
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Gwyn, that day, send my nipper down to get a bit of snack. Carried on talking with the boys. After a bit I wondered where he was so went to take a look. Total mayhem!!!!

Simon said, 'Pete, you can't go down there.....' 'Mate my nipper is in it!' So he piled in pushing and shoving and my boy had been knocked over by a Met, stood over him trucheon ready to swing. Simon and and an older Met pulled the Met off. (winker!!). It was so fierce, I had been squezeed into the ladies toilet!!!

TOP MAN!!!!!

I have had messages from County fans for his efforts over there and Milan, Belgrade etc.

SO UPSET !!

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:50 pm

BlueAlbert wrote:Yep i remember that trip well, wasn"t it the famous i chuck fruit trip :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes i t was! There is a story here about the bus who stopped to return a pool ball............i'll leave that to otheres!

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Great story

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Didnt realise how sound he was until this morn my mate told me he stood up in Crown Court and went charachter witness for him for West Ham home 2004. Went against other coppers who had lied to fit my mate up.

Too drugged up back then and always blamed him for the fit up that seen my mate go to prison. howevet my mate told me this morn he was fair as f**k and said he was one if the good uns.

Said he also saved a number of lads in Moscow.

47. No age. scary to think im 36 and the shit ive put into my body and clean living bods are dropping off before 50.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Purple in Cwmbran wrote:Gwyn, that day, send my nipper down to get a bit of snack. Carried on talking with the boys. After a bit I wondered where he was so went to take a look. Total mayhem!!!!

Simon said, 'Pete, you can't go down there.....' 'Mate my nipper is in it!' So he piled in pushing and shoving and my boy had been knocked over by a Met, stood over him trucheon ready to swing. Simon and and an older Met pulled the Met off. (winker!!). It was so fierce, I had been squezeed into the ladies toilet!!!
TOP MAN!!!!!
I have had messages from County fans for his efforts over there and Milan, Belgrade etc.

SO UPSET !!

In over 20 years watching City Ive never seen us as brutal as that day.
west ham tried from every side street back to the coaches and got smashed back.
Our coach got stuck on a junction near one of their pubs and we end up copping it.
We were all too pilled up to realise the draft on the way home.

City Gent kept us in entertained with his Mayor Quimby impressions.