Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Big Neville Southall is spot on

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:27 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19512079

The valleys and towns are full of top 6 EPL team shirt wearing 'Welshmen and women' who are quick enough to put their welsh tops on for the six nations. What you may think of Coleman, our country needs us and our vocal support, I hate our rebrand but I still have my season ticket. I will be there Coleman or not.

And tonight who knows? The star studded Belgians have the individuals but can they gel as a team? Can Bale reproduce some top form? I am right behind you lads.

We can pull off a big win tonight, if the players believe it, just would help if the nation was behind them, and not stuck behind their dislike for the manager, their cant be asked attitude or their 'Love" for their prem team hundeds of miles away. They might as well support England.

Be different if Wales qualified for a major tournament. Pecimism and lack of support will guarantee that will never happen.

1-0 Wales :ayatollah:

Re: Big Neville Southall is spot on

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:35 am

I'm going.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:02 am

Well said, fully agree.
8 of us going tonight, expecting a big defeat, but still be there supporting our country.

Don't really like Coleman but should not hold it against the team, who represent us all.

:ayatollah:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:26 am

glas wrote:Well said, fully agree.
8 of us going tonight, expecting a big defeat, but still be there supporting our country.

Don't really like Coleman but should not hold it against the team, who represent us all.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Thats the way

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:08 am

I'll be there :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:20 am

I am working. And for many funds aren't just available. Some families struggle to put food on the table. Got to disagree with Southall his comments are ill thought out .

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:23 am

The welsh FA are clueless when it comes to marketing and selling tickets for games. Pretty shit at getting a decent manager too. As long as the current regime are running welsh football then we'll never do anything I'm afraid to say.best of luck tonight though lads :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:38 am

Ill be there but he is right for the amount of football fans this nation has not many can be bothered to go. And I know we are shit normally but hes right in that we have good players :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:01 am

fair enough southall but what about the dross served up which has turned away tens of thousands? i was there with the 10k crowds under toshack and it was highly embarassing for all involved.

coleman has shown so far he is not up to the task. i appreciate thats not the players fault but doesnt create much of a box office appeal...

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:22 am

Coleman is a failure don't like him or his wank style of play I got a feeling our players don't either

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:52 am

Would have gone but got work early Saturday so will watch on tele.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:59 am

I am going, but only just about able to afford it.

These pro's/ex pro's know nothing about the credit crunch and Nev has just proved this in this article :(

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm going, along with my dad, and my niece and nephew. It was £5 each for my dad and my niece! £20 for me. Appreciate that not everybody can afford it though. Shame that these games are now on Friday nights. Plenty of Wales fans in mid and north Wales find it difficult to get to Cardiff for a night game.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Apart from Speedos little ray of hope for a few months Wales fans have been downtrodden on for years.

its not surprising the crowds are so shit

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:30 pm

I would go but don't get out of college until 6:15 :cry:

I can see an upset on the cards for tonight :D :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:22 pm

So if Colman is so c**p who would you have do the job, If he gets a couple of good results the same fans will say he,s sliced bread. Give him some support.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:59 pm

I will be there tonight but must admit the day is not the same social event as the rugby internationals The tension between opposing fans supporting the same country does not help either. how many people would just go into town because Wales had a football match like we have with the rugby
I am a plastic rugby fan and only go to the internationals and never watch any more games in the year but the rugby internationals will always attract more because of the social side and the friendly atmosphere.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:I will be there tonight but must admit the day is not the same social event as the rugby internationals The tension between opposing fans supporting the same country does not help either. how many people would just go into town because Wales had a football match like we have with the rugby
I am a plastic rugby fan and only go to the internationals and never watch any more games in the year but the rugby internationals will always attract more because of the social side and the friendly atmosphere.

This is sadly true

St. Mary's St. on rugby international day is buzzing with thousands and thousands of people with and without tickets.
Last time that happened with int. football was Wales v England and even the Welsh fans had to be seperated from each other as well as from the English.
Football will always be the better sport (imo) but we will continue to see poor attendances and atmosphere until we a) start winning and b) make it a more friendly day out

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:56 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I am working. And for many funds aren't just available. Some families struggle to put food on the table. Got to disagree with Southall his comments are ill thought out .

Love Big Nev's PR advice for Welsh FA!

They should do press releases saying, "Come and see Gareth bale, he's brilliant" or " come and see Aaron Ramsey, he's brilliant!"

Why didn't they think of that :lol: ;) :lol:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:08 pm

confused with first post.

whats the rebrand got to do with wales ?

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:20 pm

The fact that I am not fussed with Coleman as our manager won't stop me supporting my country from the terraces, just like the rebrand won't stop me doing likewise with city.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Who does Southall think he is saying he is disgusted with people like me not going tonight? The reason I rarely watch a Wales game is firstly, because of funds, if I see Wales all the time I will then have to miss some Cardiff games and secondly, the Welsh FA have once again taken us backwards with the ridiculous appointment of Coleman and the ridiculous appointments of Kit Symonds, John Hartson, and the rest of the "jobs for the boys" brigade. Until the Welsh FA show some ambition to TRY and make us successful, I will not be bothering to pay my money to support them. I will watch the game tonight on TV, Belgium will probably get a resounding 3-0 win and another qualifying campaign will be gone. The Welsh FA are pathetic, full of dinosaurs with dated ideas, until there is a major transformation and the Welsh FA TRY to turn things around, I will not spend a penny watching a live game and I will continue to save it all back for watching City instead.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:56 pm

What Welsh Club does big Nev support then?

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:16 pm

glad i didnt go in the end, would have been a waste of £20.

its up to the players to win over the fans, not the other way round :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Until Chris Coleman gets the Welsh team motivated and playing good football fans have a right to stay at home, more important things to do than watch a pub team attempting to be an international side

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:11 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Who does Southall think he is saying he is disgusted with people like me not going tonight? The reason I rarely watch a Wales game is firstly, because of funds, if I see Wales all the time I will then have to miss some Cardiff games and secondly, the Welsh FA have once again taken us backwards with the ridiculous appointment of Coleman and the ridiculous appointments of Kit Symonds, John Hartson, and the rest of the "jobs for the boys" brigade. Until the Welsh FA show some ambition to TRY and make us successful, I will not be bothering to pay my money to support them. I will watch the game tonight on TV, Belgium will probably get a resounding 3-0 win and another qualifying campaign will be gone. The Welsh FA are pathetic, full of dinosaurs with dated ideas, until there is a major transformation and the Welsh FA TRY to turn things around, I will not spend a penny watching a live game and I will continue to save it all back for watching City instead.

He's Wales' most capped player and in his prime was one of the best goalkeepers in the world. I think he can say what he likes.

And as for Coleman, who would you have picked for the manager's job then?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:12 am

I Bleed Blue wrote:Until Chris Coleman gets the Welsh team motivated and playing good football fans have a right to stay at home, more important things to do than watch a pub team attempting to be an international side

So Bale, Ramsey and the others in the side are pub players? OK :?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:13 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Who does Southall think he is saying he is disgusted with people like me not going tonight? The reason I rarely watch a Wales game is firstly, because of funds, if I see Wales all the time I will then have to miss some Cardiff games and secondly, the Welsh FA have once again taken us backwards with the ridiculous appointment of Coleman and the ridiculous appointments of Kit Symonds, John Hartson, and the rest of the "jobs for the boys" brigade. Until the Welsh FA show some ambition to TRY and make us successful, I will not be bothering to pay my money to support them. I will watch the game tonight on TV, Belgium will probably get a resounding 3-0 win and another qualifying campaign will be gone. The Welsh FA are pathetic, full of dinosaurs with dated ideas, until there is a major transformation and the Welsh FA TRY to turn things around, I will not spend a penny watching a live game and I will continue to save it all back for watching City instead.

He's Wales' most capped player and in his prime was one of the best goalkeepers in the world. I think he can say what he likes.

And as for Coleman, who would you have picked for the manager's job then?

So from your logic, just because he was a good goalkeeper means he can say what he likes and slate those of us who choose not to go while Coleman is in charge?

Who would I have picked? Lars Lagerback, he would have made us organised and hard to beat. The job he did with Sweden shows what a top manager he would have been with us, working with similar players with similar ability to the players he had with Sweden back then. He got his Sweden team to the championships, something I believe he could have done with us. But this is the Welsh FA we are talking about. Old dinosaurs with dated ideas and no ambition who will continually employ within to look after the boys, rather than showing a bit of ambition and employing outside to try and achieve something.