Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BACK IN TRAINING "

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:35 am

Craig Bellamy started back training today and is working on his fitness.

Happy Days :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91211 :ayatollah:

Re: BACK IN TRAINING

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:47 am

Excellent news!!

...that calf tear healed quickly! :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:52 am

Bench warmer at best at the moment :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:04 pm

jinks-rct wrote:Bench warmer at best at the moment :ayatollah:

:lol:

Strange, but true!

Come on, Bellers, help us get to the Prem!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:08 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Excellent news!!

...that calf tear healed quickly! :ayatollah:

Not necessarily, fitness training could be weights and no running involved. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Great news, can only benefit our team!

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:23 pm

seriously believe it would be criminal to drop any of those boys who played against wolves,hows this for a bench

bellamy
kim
mason
cowie#
gunnarsson
connolly/turner
lewis
happy days :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Cant see him gettin in the first 11 at the moment, which is only a good thing really. but with a 4 4 2 set up he would be better suited and now after maynard and noone signings there will b no pressure on him nw

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:35 pm

lets all drop the pretence

we should piss this league :lol:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:37 pm

:lol: i believe we should now mate, with maybe one or 2 cover full backs we will take alot of stopin. if malaky doesnt go back to 4 5 1 ;)

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:45 pm

hopefully if we keep everybody happy and remain consistent till january no1 will want to leave us either we definatley will be up there coz we will use all our players with injuries etc

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:Cant see him gettin in the first 11 at the moment, which is only a good thing really. but with a 4 4 2 set up he would be better suited and now after maynard and noone signings there will b no pressure on him nw

he would walk into any championship side i drop helguson and play bellers and maynard up front

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Bit harsh to drop helguson tho isnt it? to me i cant see anyone bein dropped after such a good performance against wolves. plus who would win the headers up front?

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:Bit harsh to drop helguson tho isnt it? to me i cant see anyone bein dropped after such a good performance against wolves. plus who would win the headers up front?

Helguson had a great performance against Wolves, but was knackered at the 60-minute mark. His legs were gone.

It may be better to switch it around, have him on the bench, and instead bring him on at the 60-70 minute mark and not tire him completely for what's going to be a very, very long season for a 35 year-old.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " BACK IN TRAINING "

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:40 pm

CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS ARE GOING TO STRUGGLE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TEAM WE ARE GOING TO BE PUTTING OUT FOR EACH GAME THIS YEAR, WHICH IS EXCELLENT NEWS FOR US!

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:51 pm

I'd start helguson - holds up play well, very clever player. Although at his age will tire quickly so maybe it's more wise to use Bellamy as his sub next game?

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:Bench warmer at best at the moment :ayatollah:

:lol:

Strange, but true!

Come on, Bellers, help us get to the Prem!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Get him out on loan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:58 pm

It will be the same starting 11. No doubt.

When Malky got these lads in he will have told them that if they are
playing well then the shirt is theirs.

Counter-productive to do anything else.

Imagine a fit Craig Bellamy coming off the bench and, wait for it....

fighting for his place :lol: :lol:

Wouldnt want to be the full back marking him :? :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Maynard and/or Bellamy

Helgusson and/or Mason

Either of the first 2 could be paired with either of the second 2, whether for subs or complete games.

Also, as we saw on Sunday, Maynard and Helgusson play quite nicely together!

Throw in the odd game for a fit Rudy (or off the bench) to give it a bit of difference

Nice options!

:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:51 pm

Excellent news :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:51 pm

We are to good for Bellamy now are we ? :roll: :roll: :roll: Get real Lads :ayatollah:
Hope he is sorting his off the field problems :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:19 pm

taffyapple wrote:It will be the same starting 11. No doubt.

When Malky got these lads in he will have told them that if they are
playing well then the shirt is theirs.

Counter-productive to do anything else.

Imagine a fit Craig Bellamy coming off the bench and, wait for it....

fighting for his place :lol: :lol:

Wouldnt want to be the full back marking him :? :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:51 pm

it can only be good for the team and its allways better if the players are fighting for places. :D

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:We are to good for Bellamy now are we ? :roll: :roll: :roll: Get real Lads :ayatollah:
Hope he is sorting his off the field problems :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nobody's said that, but it's nice to see we are in a position where he can't just stroll back into the team.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:00 pm

i personally think that even though he looked really composed on the ball and accurate with his passes and play, smith may move to the bench if bellamy is ready and fit..

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Throw in the odd game for a fit Rudy (or off the bench) to give it a bit of difference

:

Noooooooooooooo!!!

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:Bit harsh to drop helguson tho isnt it? to me i cant see anyone bein dropped after such a good performance against wolves. plus who would win the headers up front?

i dont want to piss on your party, but against a very poor wolves side. wolves aint the top standard of this league. :roll:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:11 am

ninianblue wrote:

i dont want to piss on your party, but against a very poor wolves side. wolves aint the top standard of this league. :roll:

i think wolves will be up there, we caught them early last week

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:13 am

I doubt Bellers will be 100% match fit and in the zone for the Leeds game to be honest.

A few days later we play Millwall and then Palace away, I would've thought it's more likely he will be involved in those games.

He'll back soon enough :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Good news! Will he be back for the Leeds game?