Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

o/t really khan?

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:11 pm

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/168706.html#

he states that he is along with pacquio the best offensive fighter in the world ?

and joan guzman a 2 weight world champion is not even a credible opponent for him?

his brains might of taken a knock from garcia but his ego is still all ok :roll:

and to think a few years back i used to be a huge fan, cant stand the bloke anymore.

Re: o/t really khan?

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:13 pm

He will get battered again soon and hopefully he will realise he just isnt that good

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:21 pm

After every defeat he gets more arrogant and his ego increases.

I hope Brook KO's him if they ever meet. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:22 pm

he knows hes got a mixed fan base in UK these days and after a defeat like he suffered from garcia and stating he wud knock garcia out and teach him a lesson etc that he would be humble and stay quite but now hes ego have now risen again, he is a good fighter dont get me wrong, his he best offensive in the world? my opinion NO, does he have potential YES but for now i wish khan would just shut up that massive ego.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:36 pm

credit where it's due mate,he is up there with his offensive boxing.throws some lovely fast combo's.only problem with him beside's his mouth is he has doubt in his mind .he's therefore hesitant and waitin for his opponent to land,and with his jaw that means one thing

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:37 pm

Guzman would smash Amir all over the place.

That's probably why they're discrediting him as an opponent.

To be honest Mallagnaggi is probably safest opponent due to his lack of power.

But Khan v Ortiz still needs to happen.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:50 pm

If he gets a trainer that puts him first and actually knuckles down, stop believing his own hype, he could be a 2 weight champ again. BUT its a big if! he also needs some decent PR and a better personal manager to stop him making such massive press verbal rickets!

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:If he gets a trainer that puts him first and actually knuckles down, stop believing his own hype, he could be a 2 weight champ again. BUT its a big if! he also needs some decent PR and a better personal manager to stop him making such massive press verbal rickets!

Being Freddy Roach's second fiddle is still better than most current trainers to be honest mate.

It's not helped in my opinion by having family memebers running him as a buisness.

He needs BOXING PEOPLE THROUGHT HIS TEAM.

He turned pro to early and has been a victim of his own success .

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:43 pm

aj1927 wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:If he gets a trainer that puts him first and actually knuckles down, stop believing his own hype, he could be a 2 weight champ again. BUT its a big if! he also needs some decent PR and a better personal manager to stop him making such massive press verbal rickets!

Being Freddy Roach's second fiddle is still better than most current trainers to be honest mate.

It's not helped in my opinion by having family memebers running him as a buisness.

He needs BOXING PEOPLE THROUGHT HIS TEAM.

He turned pro to early and has been a victim of his own success .

Did you see the video that was leaked before his last fight? Made me question roach.

Was sparring against a newbie, turned into a war, only had his personal trainer (Hayes ex PT) and no sign of roach, who was in Asia with Pac. Felt sorry for khan had no guidance. Also think if khan doesn't change now he will have to in a couple of years due to Roachs Parkinson's.

I'd like to see him with ingle, possibly even Gary Lockett. Worst thing he can do is go with Enzo calzaghe who spouted up to take him. Not the time to take a chance.

Not his biggest fan, love watching brook at the mo, along with burns, maklin, rees and barker. During the calzaghe days didn't think much of Froch, but since he fought the Canadian a few years ago, Ive been hooked on him and watch every fight.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:45 pm

Tim Bradley would wreck him.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Anyone else beginning to question Khan's mental health?

He's taken quite a few big head shots over the last few years and I'm convinced the guy's speech is more and more slurred every time I hear him speak.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:42 am

Thats a load of bollocks.

Khan has improved dramatically under Freddy Roach. Offensively AND defensively.
The hard sparring he has done over the last few years has actually even given him
a bit more heart and he can take a punch better too. Unfortunately, even after all
that he is still chinny. Also, he is NOT that big a hitter, he flatters to deceive with
dazzling footwork and hand speed. But he blows up, his stamina is not the best and
his opponents have got wise to it.

He might as well retire because he is turning into a stepping stone now

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:08 am

got a worse glassjaw than me and ive got 3 plates in mine! :lol:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:16 am

taffyapple wrote:

The hard sparring he has done over the last few years has actually even given him
a bit more heart and he can take a punch better too. Unfortunately, even after all
that he is still chinny. Also, he is NOT that big a hitter, he flatters to deceive with
dazzling footwork and hand speed. But he blows up, his stamina is not the best and

Yeah he improved massively under roach, thats a definite. But hes starting to go backwards because he never has a constant coach with him for his training camp. He nearly got in a deep sparring war with a guy who had only had 1 pro fight. The video before his last fight that sky showed was horrific and i felt gutted for him as he looekd like he was training himself. I agree hes not a big hitter but you dont have to be. Not many people get put on the floor and stay down in fights these days. But even a non hard hitter can stun you with a flurry of punches like Khan does. Bit like Calzaghe did at the end of his carear when he couldnt spar or punch properly.

Think a proper training camp with a coach who makes him his priority ( so no clash of camps) and a pr man to get fans back on his side can work wonders for him. Hes still young and better fighters than him have lots more fights

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:00 am

Ramstein blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Yeah he improved massively under roach, thats a definite. But hes starting to go backwards because he never has a constant coach with him for his training camp. He nearly got in a deep sparring war with a guy who had only had 1 pro fight. The video before his last fight that sky showed was horrific and i felt gutted for him as he looekd like he was training himself. I agree hes not a big hitter but you dont have to be. Not many people get put on the floor and stay down in fights these days. But even a non hard hitter can stun you with a flurry of punches like Khan does. Bit like Calzaghe did at the end of his carear when he couldnt spar or punch properly.

Think a proper training camp with a coach who makes him his priority ( so no clash of camps) and a pr man to get fans back on his side can work wonders for him. Hes still young and better fighters than him have lots more fights

ARGUMENTATIVE c**t I AM :lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to start my last post with "thats a load of bollocks" :?

However, I do feel that Khan got as good as he was ever going to get under Roach.

I've heard boxers criticise their trainers before but not down to specifics the way
Khan has done "my defence is crap because of my trainer"??

Khans defence suffers chiefly because he cannot take a solid shot

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:55 am

taffyapple wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

ARGUMENTATIVE c**t I AM :lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to start my last post with "thats a load of bollocks" :?

However, I do feel that Khan got as good as he was ever going to get under Roach.

I've heard boxers criticise their trainers before but not down to specifics the way
Khan has done "my defence is crap because of my trainer"??

Khans defence suffers chiefly because he cannot take a solid shot

I think he is a bit like theo Walcott, understands f@ck all about boxing tactics like Walcott understands nothing about football tactics.