Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY EXPECT AT LEAST "

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:25 pm

The club are expecting a 24,000 plus crowd for the visit of LEEDS UTD on SATURDAY 15th SEPT ' 3pm ' :ayatollah:
Tickets are on general sale, so get down there for one of the biggest games of the season.

We all asked for a quality and exciting team and weve got what we wanted, now we need to turn up and show our support.
Personally I believe we should get 26,000 plus for such a big game. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " CARDIFF CITY EXPECT AT LEAST "

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:32 pm

We will get over 24,000 for this fixture. I think around 25500. That would still be a good effort IMO.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The club are expecting a 24,000 plus crowd for the visit of LEEDS UTD on SATURDAY 15th SEPT ' 3pm ' :ayatollah:
Tickets are on general sale, so get down there for one of the biggest games of the season.

We all asked for a quality and exciting team and weve got what we wanted, now we need to turn up and show our support.
Personally I believe we should get 26,000 plus for such a big game. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree with that entirely Annis. The fans now need to back the club and the owners for putting their money where their mouth was.

Hope it will be an absolute humdinger of a game, with a great atmosphere and another convincing City win

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:34 pm

how many are leeds bringing always got good support away from home

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The club are expecting a 24,000 plus crowd for the visit of LEEDS UTD on SATURDAY 15th SEPT ' 3pm ' :ayatollah:

No excuses now, its on a saturday and at 3pm so come and support the boys :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:36 pm

cant wait always enjoy this fixture it goes back years

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:40 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:how many are leeds bringing always got good support away from home

Hopefully sell out for a 3pm Saturday game. Also, Cardiff must be a cracking place to make a weekend of for visitors.

Fill their end and be noisy, so that we're twice as noisy back. Larrrve it

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Can't wait. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:48 pm

No need for a laughing Smiley Annis! I totally agree there should be more than 25k for our home games with the team, players Malky has put together.

Yes, the players game can have an influence over the crowd, but it works both ways! The crowd needs to be there in the first place! and it's my last home game before I shoot of to Alcudia, Majorca! ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:59 pm

mmmmm had this conversation before! :D depends on leeds fans comeing, if they bring 3k should be 25k at least! dont forget capacity is about 27k so shouldnt be many empty seats ! :lol:
and i will be there as always! :P

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:03 pm

i thought you prefered playing rochdale with under 2000 there annis .... cant believe your getting excited over this investment! ;) :lol:

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:mmmmm had this conversation before! :D depends on leeds fans comeing, if they bring 3k should be 25k at least! dont forget capacity is about 27k so shouldnt be many empty seats ! :lol:
and i will be there as always! :P

Away teams allocation is only just over 2,000, something like 2,053!

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Shame we can't give the Leeds fans more of our Family Stand like we did with Palace, I think they MAY have filled it considering their support, should be a good one this!

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:08 pm

When you consider that Leeds will probably fill the away allocation of 2200 places then if we can't get another 23000 to turn up for a Sat 3pm match after the awesome team performance against Wolves then we don't deserve to be an aspiring Premiership club with a Premiership fanbase. I confidently predict this will be one of our highest attendances this season 25000 plus. I can't wait! :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:12 pm

The away allocation is 2,054 for Blackpool, so it could be less for Leeds, due to their and probably our reputations!

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk//news/arti ... eView=full

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Really looking forward to it.

Fingers crossed for a fantastic game. Same team as the Wolves game please, Malky. Hopefully a squad return for Bellamy too.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:40 pm

To be honest with the squad and direction we have added to the fact we are competing at the top end of the league(AGAIN) I'm amazed we don't sell out more often..

Are we as big as we assume we are?

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Unfortunately, some of the impetus for a big crowd will be lost by having the international break - its a pity we didn't have a quick home game straight after last Sunday.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:44 pm

aj1927 wrote:To be honest with the squad and direction we have added to the fact we are competing at the top end of the league(AGAIN) I'm amazed we don't sell out more often..

Are we as big as we assume we are?

We're literally as big as we want to be. I remember longing for the days where we'd get 'near' the crowds of your Birminghams, Forests and Ipswichs.

We lost an entire generation when we should've got promoted in the latter Toshack years but for the past 10 or so years, we've been constantly striving forward on and off the pitch. Not many clubs can say that.

we should be proud, be positive and look to the further growth we'll hopefully continue to see.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:16 pm

One factor for wolves game being only 22k was we were awful vs bristol

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:18 pm

I can't see us get 24k. I thought that the crowd against Wolves was disappointing considering the number of quality new players brought in. Although the official attendance was 22,020 there was no way that there was more than 18-19k inside the stadium. Many ST holders appear to be missing games. There were a lot of empty seats everywhere.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:01 am

Arfur Europe wrote:
We're literally as big as we want to be. I remember longing for the days where we'd get 'near' the crowds of your Birminghams, Forests and Ipswichs.

We lost an entire generation when we should've got promoted in the latter Toshack years but for the past 10 or so years, we've been constantly striving forward on and off the pitch. Not many clubs can say that.

we should be proud, be positive and look to the further growth we'll hopefully continue to see.

What a great post. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:46 am

Back to a saturday home game at last :roll: 25000 plus for this one no excuses.cmon support the boys :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:50 am

weve asked the club for signings, weve nagged for quailty football to watch and we've got it. add to that the spice of leeds utd and what that brings and we really must get close to a full house for it...

huge game, huge atmosphere needed, lots of support for the lads!

:ayatollah:

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 am

Ir will be available to watch online but like the Wolves game not available in the Canton Sports and the Butchers as expected unles theve re tuned their dishes

Must attend game worh 27 quid to see Warnocks face when we wallop them

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:49 am

24,000 would be great. :ayatollah:

I know it doesn't effect the attendace but hopefully about half of the season ticket holders in the Family Stand will actually show up.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Time for the fans to show our support especially with the quality of players we have brought in lately. Our squad looks really strong on paper and after a very good display against Wolves I really do expect us to have around 25000 for the visit of Leeds. Got a feeling this is going to be a good season for us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:40 pm

What happened to the guess the attendance posts? They were a good bit of fun even without a prize!

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:42 pm

bluebird58 wrote:What happened to the guess the attendance posts? They were a good bit of fun even without a prize!

Your right, I will get Carlos back on to it starting with Leeds home.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 am

Great news tickets are starting to sell fast. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: