Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our pitch

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:39 pm

I suppose the fact we haven't mentioned this on the forum for a while speaks volumes!

Since we have had those special lights and the Blues have left, the playing surface is perfect, it's 101% better than its ever been, remember what it was like in the DJ era?? Dire!!

Not sure how much those lights cost but money well spent!

Re: Our pitch

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Gavlar wrote:I suppose the fact we haven't mentioned this on the forum for a while speaks volumes!

Since we have had those special lights and the Blues have left, the playing surface is perfect, it's 101% better than its ever been, remember what it was like in the DJ era?? Dire!!

Gavin, its one of the best things that has ever happened to us in our new stadium, the eggs leaving, leaving us a quality pitch. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:42 pm

Yesterday it looked excellent :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Agreed!
:ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Considering the weather for Huddersfield it looked proper tidy :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Two games into the season and we are surprised the how good the pitch looks? :shock:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Considering the Blues have been there ruining it for us then yes. A good playing surface is good for lads, we have been putting up with a surface good for Rugby and Football. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:50 pm

I was milling around the stands after the game with my mate (not as dodgy as it sounds - there was certainly no bumming involved!) and the smell of the grass was amazing. The groundsmen deserve a big applause for the way they are maintaining it. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Zabier wrote:I was milling around the stands after the game with my mate (not as dodgy as it sounds - there was certainly no bumming involved!) and the smell of the grass was amazing. The groundsmen deserve a big applause for the way they are maintaining it. :ayatollah:

When i was doing some building work down at the ground the other month they had groundsmen from Arsenal working on the pitch!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:57 pm

sam salim wrote:
Zabier wrote:I was milling around the stands after the game with my mate (not as dodgy as it sounds - there was certainly no bumming involved!) and the smell of the grass was amazing. The groundsmen deserve a big applause for the way they are maintaining it. :ayatollah:

When i was doing some building work down at the ground the other month they had groundsmen from Arsenal working on the pitch!

It wasn't Bould, Keown, Adams and Dixon was it?

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Zabier wrote:
sam salim wrote:

It wasn't Bould, Keown, Adams and Dixon was it?

lol No it was The Arsenal head groundsmen showing the Cardiff Groundsmen how to maintain the pitch!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:11 pm

These were the Arsenal boy's working on the pitch in may! ;)

Cardiffs pitch.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:44 pm

sam salim wrote:These were the Arsenal boy's working on the pitch in may! ;)

Cardiffs pitch.jpg

Seen the pitch getting re done, was all loads of sand when I was there
Day of the rebrand It was! :)

Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Gavlar wrote:I suppose the fact we haven't mentioned this on the forum for a while speaks volumes!

about 250k i believe! :P

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Cardiffs pitch.jpg

That is Ipswich Groundsmen Sam !! The Tractor Boys :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:55 pm

30 fat bastards not digging it up and running all over it surely has to help... 2 games in maybe yes, but thought it still looked a million miles better than the start of last season.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:07 am

Pitch is much better than say two seasons ago now we have the lights and rugby has been bombed off, i used to compare it with the local dog shit filled, long grass to your ankles sunday league pitches that nobody wanted to play on, now its a blanket of grass. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:47 am

Its usually christmas time that we start getting the problem, bit early to comment on the pitch right now.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:55 am

Cardiffs pitch.jpg

One man went to mow :ayatollah: