Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Made Redundant!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:03 am

Got back from holidays last week only to find that the Company i worked for has gone into liquidation :( As you can imagine my head has been in the shed since but this is the day that i start trying to get things back on track :old:

So if anyone out there is looking for an Office Manager with extensive experience in Sales, Purchasing, UK and European transportation, 5 years recent experience in the Construction Industry has a Purchasing Manager and Plant Hire Manager.

Or if you know of anywhere with suitable vacancies then please send me a PM.

Many Thanks :ayatollah:

Re: Made Redundant!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:06 am

Sorry to hear that buddy, its an awful feeling that moment you find out :(

Good luck though.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:11 am

Very sorry to hear that, you sound experienced though so hopefully you won't be out of work too long :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:11 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Sorry to hear that buddy, its an awful feeling that moment you find out :(

Good luck though.

Cheers Mate hoefully it will not last too long but i'm just another victim of Cameron & his cronies 'economic policies' :(

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:23 am

Sorry to hear your bad news, Jeff. I was made redundant after 19 years service, last December and it's no fun. The current economic climate is still pretty poor, but I think you'll get something fairly quickly with your experience.

Good luck, mate.

:thumbup:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:28 am

Never good to hear... Good luck

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:47 am

Sorry to hear :ayatollah: ....hope you get something soon enough :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks to everyone for the good luck messages they really do help and there are some really good people on this forum :old: :old:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:27 am

Good luck, sounds like you have lots of experience, so hopefully you'll find something soon. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:29 am

Good Luck Bluebird - been there and its no fun.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:32 am

Check out indeed . Com

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:34 am

http://www.indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=sales+%2 ... ty&from=vj

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:http://www.indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=sales+%26+purchasing+manager&l=Cardiff+City&from=vj

Excellent site. Thanks for that Mate :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Good luck. I've still got to find myself a job, though!

:ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm sure most people are aware, but just incase you are not, The Echo have a jobs supplement on a Wednesday and the western mail have one on a Thursday.

Good luck again

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Sorry to hear the bad news mate thats the country going downhill for you. Get in touch with adam brown aka angry man on here hes looking for window cleaners for who can earn a wopping £40 a day. :lol:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Couple of things from someone who had a similar experience a number of year ago:

1 Phone around your contacts in the trade, see what''s about. Trade mags, and local papers as well.
2 Don't set your sights too high. You may have to settle for a lesser post,just to get you back on the jobs ladder
3 Get yourself signed on. At least you will get some money for now, but expect nothing from Job Centre staff in terms of jobs. They are useless.
4 Make sure receivers get your paperwork done so you can claim redundancy. Will take about 6 -8 weeks to come through.
4 Keep yourself busy, even if it means having the best kept garden in Cardiff!

pps I was contacted quite soon after my redundancy and had 2 good offers from peolpe I knew, within a month or so.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Learn some German or Chinese and get as far away from this hole as you can.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 pm

There are no jobs out there unfortunately. Didn't you see the riots?

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:33 pm

cardiff city stadium wrote:Couple of things from someone who had a similar experience a number of year ago:

1 Phone around your contacts in the trade, see what''s about. Trade mags, and local papers as well.
2 Don't set your sights too high. You may have to settle for a lesser post,just to get you back on the jobs ladder
3 Get yourself signed on. At least you will get some money for now, but expect nothing from Job Centre staff in terms of jobs. They are useless.
4 Make sure receivers get your paperwork done so you can claim redundancy. Will take about 6 -8 weeks to come through.
4 Keep yourself busy, even if it means having the best kept garden in Cardiff!

pps I was contacted quite soon after my redundancy and had 2 good offers from peolpe I knew, within a month or so.

Good advise and i have done most of the things you have mentioned. Much appreciated Thanks

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Don't forget to call into your local Careers Wales could be entitled to Re Act £1,500 worth of training and £3000 sweetener for employers taking you on, bit of a sweetener!!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:16 pm

CardiffCityCulture wrote:Don't forget to call into your local Careers Wales could be entitled to Re Act £1,500 worth of training and £3000 sweetener for employers taking you on, bit of a sweetener!!

The guy is already well trained. It would be a waste of public money to retrain him in something else. We would be better off training people who are untrained.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:29 pm

There might be a few new skills he could pick up, plus he has paid in through NI so he is entitled!! AND he may want to learn something new!!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:41 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
CardiffCityCulture wrote:Don't forget to call into your local Careers Wales could be entitled to Re Act £1,500 worth of training and £3000 sweetener for employers taking you on, bit of a sweetener!!

The guy is already well trained. It would be a waste of public money to retrain him in something else. We would be better off training people who are untrained.

Shut up you! You f*cking moggot!

Sorry to hear your bad news mate.
Chin up and this time next year we'll be millionaire's :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm

CardiffCityCulture wrote:There might be a few new skills he could pick up, plus he has paid in through NI so he is entitled!! AND he may want to learn something new!!

You are correct there are always new things you can learn such has Sage where i have only minimal experience,

Once again thanks to everyone for the good advise and good wishes i will let everyone know how i get on :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Whitchurchbluebird wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:

Shut up you! You f*cking moggot!

Sorry to hear your bad news mate.
Chin up and this time next year we'll be millionaire's :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its working in Germany..... :shock:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Cornishblue wrote:Learn some German or Chinese and get as far away from this hole as you can.

Agree regards the Chinese . Seriously if you have young kids make sure they learn it as the second lingo. Should be taught in all schools .

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:51 pm

blueheaven wrote:Got back from holidays last week only to find that the Company i worked for has gone into liquidation :( As you can imagine my head has been in the shed since but this is the day that i start trying to get things back on track :old:

So if anyone out there is looking for an Office Manager with extensive experience in Sales, Purchasing, UK and European transportation, 5 years recent experience in the Construction Industry has a Purchasing Manager and Plant Hire Manager.

Or if you know of anywhere with suitable vacancies then please send me a PM.

Many Thanks :ayatollah:

hope you find something soon

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:07 pm

know the feeling-made redundant after 21 years with the same company-along with the other 20 people in the office.its tough but sure you will get through it-. that was maybe 10 years ago and we still all meet up every year or so for a pint-every one of us has found a job they are settled in during that time-

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:25 am

get yourself Linked-In

Once you've created the link page for yourself, then add the link to your CV.

Was recently made redundant a couple of months back and was told by a number of employment professional recruiters that many agencies don't even look at CV's now.

http://uk.linkedin.com/

Hope you find work as quick as I did. :thumbup: