Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Maynard's Role Today?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:13 am

This has probably been done to a death in another topic but what role will our new star striker play today?

Having only joined Friday will Malky stick him on the bench and start with Helguson?

Personally I think he has too much goal threat to be sat on the bench. I'd have him starting.

Re: Maynard's Role Today?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:16 am

If he's match fit then I'd throw him in from the start! He's the type to score on his debut.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:19 am

He played tuesdayand had outstanding match , type of plyer you cant leave out - lets not forget about Kimbo debut :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:19 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:If he's match fit then I'd throw him in from the start! He's the type to score on his debut.

I agree, get him in straight. he should be fit he played in the week

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:44 am

We are at home so i hope we play helguson up front with maynard,give them the chances to score goals im sure they will deliver.thats what im hoping for lets take the game to wolves from the start

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:48 am

Kimbo, Noone and Maynard . We have bought them to play then play them . They are all match fit . We all want them to start , we need to win , simple as that or we will be playing catch up all season .

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:49 am

Kimbo, Noone and Maynard . We have bought them to play then play them . They are all match fit . We all want them to start , we need to win , simple as that or we will be playing catch up all season .

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:55 am

Lets be positive ! home game, perhaps MM will be brave and change the formation. Start with them both.4-4-2 :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:06 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Lets be positive ! home game, perhaps MM will be brave and change the formation. Start with them both.4-4-2 :ayatollah:

I would like to see a 442 but the way we've bought I can only see a 433 which reverts to 451 when on the defence.

Noone and Smith either side of Maynard with Mutch, Gunnar and Whitts in the middle?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:14 am

I think you may be right there. 4-3-3.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:37 am

Maynard's Role Today?

Chase long balls and try win headers vs wolves 6.2 and 6ft3 center halfs maybe :?:
:lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
4-4-2 please MM with two wide men playing wide for once while getting on fullbacks.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:44 am

He has to start, no doubt about it. He'll quickly fit in here.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:46 am

nojac wrote:Kimbo, Noone and Maynard . We have bought them to play then play them . They are all match fit . We all want them to start , we need to win , simple as that or we will be playing catch up all season .

I doubt Kimbo will start.

He will take longer than the other new signings to settle in - with all the recent travelling, the limited training for 2 weeks before he arrived back in Cardiff, and the language barrier.

I think he'll be introduced some time in the 2nd half.