Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Statement of Intent.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:01 am

Coming of a bad day at the office at Bristol and indifferent performances against Huddersfield and Brighton, albeit point gaining performances, today could be the day that we show exactly what we are capable of. I know it will take a little while for the new faces to bed in but I fancy us to win this one 2-1. Much has been said about playing 4-5-1, time and a place for playing that but not week in week out. Many of us prefer 4-4-2, myself included but we will have to wait and see what Malky decides. My preference for the side would be;
Marshall
McNaughton Hudson Turner Connolly
Noone Mutch Whitts Conway
Helguson Maynard

Only problem would be the midfield, do we have enough ball winners in the middle of the park? What would your starting eleven be?

:ayatollah:

Re: Statement of Intent.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:13 am

Well, we have had a week to rest, recover and get things prepared! We've had some good signings come in during the week which should lft the whole squad! We are at home. I know its wolves and they are a good team, but you have to fancy us to get 3points today! Just hope our fans show some character and get behind the team from the off :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:23 am

Taylor will play, Turner is a big doubt.

If it we me then I'd play the following today........

----------------------------------------Marshall--------------------------------------

McNaughton------------Hudson-------------Connolly/Turner-----------Taylor

-------------------------Mutch------------------------Gunnarsson------------------

Smith------------------------------Whittingham----------------------------Noone

----------------------------------------Maynard--------------------------------------

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:27 am

Porthcawl_Bluebird wrote:Taylor will play, Turner is a big doubt.

----------------------------------------Marshall--------------------------------------

-------------------------Mutch------------------------Gunnarsson------------------

----------------------------------------Maynard--------------------------------------

I like this - just change Smith for Kimbo .....

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:29 am

NineRedDogs wrote:
Porthcawl_Bluebird wrote:Taylor will play, Turner is a big doubt.

I like this - just change Smith for Kimbo .....

same for me here, kimbo in with smith used aa the impact sub!