Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What talents have you spotted?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:32 am

For example, what young players who were quite unknown at the time did you see and think

'He's going to be a good player one day'.

We've all been there and thought it when looking at players at other teams. Don't factor Cardiff City players in as im sure most of us have the same views when it comes to talents.

One player for which I knew would make it since day one was Ashley Young when he just broke onto Watford's scene around 8 years ago I believe and you could just tell he'd be a great player and play for a world class side. Then he got his move to Villa and tore apart Chelsea a few times and becoming more consistent and eventually got his move to United. I just knew since the first few times I saw him he'd become a class winger. I didn't anticipate he'd become a diving sod though. Its mad to think it was that long ago and 8 years later he is playing for United.

Others have been relatively known talents to be fair, Sterling, Neymar, etc. All of which had mass media coverage. Im guessing thats due to the more intrusive way the media has become these days and social networking etc.

Any you can think of? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: What talents have you spotted?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:41 am

I could never understand why Darren Bent wasn't given a big club. From his time at Ipswich it was obvious to me (an others).
He should be playing for a top 4 club IMO.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:08 am

Never mind that ,what do you think of our new signing Nicky Maynard :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:12 am

Massimo Osti wrote:Never mind that ,what do you think of our new signing Nicky Maynard :ayatollah:

I don't feel the excitement of some, i worry about the service.
Potential to be a great signing tho :ayatollah: a good striker with pace :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:40 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Massimo Osti wrote:Never mind that ,what do you think of our new signing Nicky Maynard :ayatollah:

I don't feel the excitement of some, i worry about the service.
Potential to be a great signing tho :ayatollah: a good striker with pace :ayatollah:

100% agree. If we play hoof ball signing him will be a waste of money. Malky needs to adjust IMO.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:09 am

I've signed up some unknowns on FIFA who have gone on to be great players.

Didn't take much football knowledge to be fair.