Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What happened to the drum in the Canton End?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Might of already been answered, but does anyone know what happened or if the drum is coming back? I know most of the die hards say a drum isnt needed to create atmosphere and i completely agree, but the sad truth is the drum DOES get most of the fans chanting who wouldn't normally. Will it be there tomorrow? :ayatollah:

Re: What happened to the drum in the Canton End?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:13 pm

frosty_x wrote:Might of already been answered, but does anyone know what happened or if the drum is coming back? I know most of the die hards say a drum isnt needed to create atmosphere and i completely agree, but the sad truth is the drum DOES get most of the fans chanting who wouldn't normally. Will it be there tomorrow? :ayatollah:

I believe the band split due to musical differences

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:17 pm

We all had a vote on the survey and I think it voted against having a drum

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:20 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:
frosty_x wrote:Might of already been answered, but does anyone know what happened or if the drum is coming back? I know most of the die hards say a drum isnt needed to create atmosphere and i completely agree, but the sad truth is the drum DOES get most of the fans chanting who wouldn't normally. Will it be there tomorrow? :ayatollah:

I believe the band split due to musical differences

Lmao :lol:

Ahh is that right I Bleed Blue? I wonder if those who voted against it are now moaning about the atmosphere being worse :lol: eitherway bring on tomorrow, can't wait! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Kenny Miller nicked it. Was pissed off when Mckay said it had more beat than him.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:02 pm

i rammed it up 1 of the stewards shitter!!

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:09 pm

At least vince and the lads made an effort,

R.I.P drum :( :( :(

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:58 pm

It was n`t an effort it was a constant "din." :?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:20 am

Well done for making the effort vince and co :ayatollah:

Reality it was awful, especially going to a game with a hangover :lol:

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:24 am

It was the reason I could only make 1 game per month. It took me a month to recover from the damage that bloody drum did to my ear drums. Im glad its gone, ticket sales are likely to increase. I know after a night out on the lash there was times I couldn't be bothered to listen to it. The only worse sound is a bunch of Millwall fans trying to recite the alphabet. :old: