Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SO IS THIS THE BEST SQUAD EVER?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Do we think this our best squad ever ? I think I am gonna like this squad as much as the Kav ,Thorne , Earnie in his hey day squad what we think ??

Re: SO IS THIS THE BEST SQUAD EVER?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:10 pm

ccfc1988 wrote:Do we think this our best squad ever ? I think I am gonna like this squad as much as the Kav ,Thorne , Earnie in his hey day squad what we think ??

Tell you in April 2013 :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:38 pm

team in 80`s hemmerman, bennett bros , lynas - but you cant compare costs - certainly an international flavour - we even forget kimbo making debut

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:49 pm

NIBluebird wrote:team in 80`s hemmerman, bennett bros , lynas - but you cant compare costs - certainly an international flavour - we even forget kimbo making debut

Without a doubt, started watching the city with bennett bros hemmerman .Never been so excited about a squad,strengh in all positions,might not gell straight away,every player we,ve released we,ve brought in better and not prima donas like the premiership signings by Dave Jones.Hope i don,t end up eating humble pie just the buzz i,m feeling :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:03 pm

im into the history of cardiff and read loads .... and the teams between the years of 1924-1928 are the best city teams ever ... if ever there was a time id like to go back, watching city in those days would be in my top 3, just behind watching the beatles in hamburg and the pistols in 76!

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Deffo seems to be a squad with more good quality in depth. (and cost to assemble obviously)

The big difference though would be bringing the word "team" into the equation.
No squad has ever been promoted unless they are a good/great team.
Hope this squad can live up to that. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:32 pm

AHERNE wrote:im into the history of cardiff and read loads .... and the teams between the years of 1924-1928 are the best city teams ever ... if ever there was a time id like to go back, watching city in those days would be in my top 3, just behind watching the beatles in hamburg and the pistols in 76!

Fitness they wouldn,t live with todays players.Would have loved to seen the pistols.Imagine if your son turned out to be the next John Beverley (sid vicious)or (johnny rotten)

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 am

Not sure it's our best 11 but our best squad by miles

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:07 am

Not sure it's our best 11 but our best squad by miles

This is the first time I can remember when I can't easily pick a beat 11

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:26 am

I think that when this team clicks (could be at least 5-10 games yet) then I think we're really going to cause teams problems. We have pace all through the midfield and upfront, we now have options to be flexible and to change games, we have a genuine goal scorer in Maynard.

As I say, it could take a few games but when we do click I think it'll be superb. I also see us picking up more points away because our team is perfect for VERY quick counter attacks

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:58 am

In recent times may be a very good squad however we had a very good squad in the Toshack times, 68-71 when we just missed out on promotion to the top division. :ayatollah: