Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Family stand

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Always says sold out on e-Ticketing so they must've sold all the season tickets, but why do they never turn up? :shock:

Re: Family stand

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Most people just buy ST's in there because they're so cheap, then only turn up for the 'big games'. It will probably be sorted after the price freeze thing is over

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:27 pm

I dont think they know what they have sold tbh.

For example for the Crystal Palace semi final cup game last year they added in two extras seats in each row and made the gap between the away and home section smaller, this was not reversed after this fixture These seats have never been occupied since, seems like they are missing a trick in not selling these tickets.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:28 pm

CantonJack wrote:Most people just buy ST's in there because they're so cheap, then only turn up for the 'big games'. It will probably be sorted after the price freeze thing is over

f*cking hope its sorted because if we're in the Prem and we play teams like Sunderland, Villa, Wigan etc it means we won't sell out because they're not big games compared to the big 5. :roll:

When's the price freeze over, this season or next season? :?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:40 pm

I have a ST in the Family Stand and I haven't missed a League or Cup match in the new stadium so I surely don't count amongst the "Never" turn up lot. I'm sure many ST holders in other areas of the ground miss the odd game be it work or personal reasons.

At this moment there are 2800 tickets available to fans in the home seats :? Surely until the stadium is sold out how is this an issue.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:43 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Most people just buy ST's in there because they're so cheap, then only turn up for the 'big games'. It will probably be sorted after the price freeze thing is over

f*cking hope its sorted because if we're in the Prem and we play teams like Sunderland, Villa, Wigan etc it means we won't sell out because they're not big games compared to the big 5. :roll:

its not cheap mate 349 and you got to buy adult ticket to buy a childs ticket where do you get your infor from you know so much about ticket prices you dont know when the price freeze ends worry about all empty seats in canton end both sides and front are allways empty

Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:14 pm

steve wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

its not cheap mate 349 and you got to buy adult ticket to buy a childs ticket where do you get your infor from you know so much about ticket prices you dont know when the price freeze ends worry about all empty seats in canton end both sides and front are allways empty

would you sit in front open to rain/snow/wind??? :lol:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:02 pm

It would help if games were played on a saturday afternoon at 3pm. I cant make games other than at that time.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:12 pm

castleblue wrote:I have a ST in the Family Stand and I haven't missed a League or Cup match in the new stadium so I surely don't count amongst the "Never" turn up lot. I'm sure many ST holders in other areas of the ground miss the odd game be it work or personal reasons.

At this moment there are 2800 tickets available to fans in the home seats :? Surely until the stadium is sold out how is this an issue.

Of course its an issue mate, there are Family's out there who cant get tickets in the Family Stand because its sold out every game on the computer, but in reality it never is. This is because people have bought tickets on the cheap or child's tickets when the child does not go. The Club messed it up from the start but are trying to fix it.

I was told, maybe Carl or Annis would know that the Club are looking into it and are sending out warning letters this season to fans who miss 3 games in a row in the Family Stand that they will not be allowed to renew if their seats go unused all the time which is happening at the moment.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:23 pm

You've got to take into account that ST holders with young family's have other commitments during the season, my Nephew missed about 8 games in total last season.He plays for Cardiff schools and missed two games because of fixture clashes, then holidays and visiting family away.If a dad has to work Saturday and no one else can bring the kids then what can you do, But in fairness you do see some kids brought by other family members when Dads can't make it.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:23 pm

steve wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

It is/was cheap.

Off the top of my head I remember it being Juniors were around £90 and I'm sure under 9's were free with a full paying Adult.

Many people took the free seats and have them till the end of the price freeze and the seats go unused unless the children go when its a big game, in the meantime the seats are empty and cant be sold on meaning other family's miss out, this is a fact mate, the club are aware of it and offered seats in the Grandstand at Family Ticket prices last season so as not to lose fans.

I will try and dig out the form from when we first moved over to find out what the prices were as the above are guesses from what I remember off the top off my head.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:24 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
castleblue wrote:I have a ST in the Family Stand and I haven't missed a League or Cup match in the new stadium so I surely don't count amongst the "Never" turn up lot. I'm sure many ST holders in other areas of the ground miss the odd game be it work or personal reasons.

Of course its an issue mate, there are Family's out there who cant get tickets in the Family Stand because its sold out every game on the computer, but in reality it never is. This is because people have bought tickets on the cheap or child's tickets when the child does not go. The Club messed it up from the start but are trying to fix it.

I was told, maybe Carl or Annis would know that the Club are looking into it and are sending out warning letters this season to fans who miss 3 games in a row in the Family Stand that they will not be allowed to renew if their seats go unused all the time which is happening at the moment.

hope they carry out thhis threat its easy to see who isnt comeing regulaly then will have fuller stadium :D

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:56 pm

I may be a typical example, I have two tickets for my wife and myself, and one for my son who lives in Stoke with his mum, I have him every other weekend and hols, so out of twenty odd home game he may catch ten, but for us all to sit together I need three season tickets.

I and many others have suggested a ticket swap or resale type scheme, me personally I would be more than happy to give the ticket up for sale when my son can't make it, and let the club keep the money rather than it go to waste,but at the moment the club aren't setting it up, but as they do at some of the Premiership sell out games they will surely implement when we sell out week in week out, :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:38 pm

ive missed 2 league games in the new stadium due to holidays, im there every week with my boy... some adults have abused the system,..example theres 3 blokes who used to sit behind me until i moved, they bring kids with them when they want to..when they come they do 2 things..either play on their DS or eye spy..they are only tyere so the dads can get cheap seats..i left the ninian stand once my boy turned 7 to get him a season ticket with me over in the family stand,

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Cardiff fecked up when they offered the £10 and £50 kids season tickets. Instead of being an incentive to attend, it has become no great loss to not attend.

Silly reasons such as weather; school nights; family days; kiddies/schools football etc. only seem to apply to City. Do you ever see the Family Stands at major Premier League clubs half empty?

There's a very simple way of sorting it - and even LOWERING child prices for those that DO Attend every game. Set the prices at £50 and £90 (instead of £10 and £50), but offer a £2 rebate per game towards next year's ticket (i.e. £46 BACK if the card is used for all 23 games).

This will stop people buying extra children's tickets for the sake of it (or in case we get to Wembley);
It will open up more seats for actual people who will attend and spend money in the stadium;
It will increase the actual attendance and noise levels;
And it's re-assuring to know that if there are 2,000 empty seats then the club is actually making £4,000 on them!
SIMPLES!

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:14 pm

ritaccfc wrote:Cardiff fecked up when they offered the £10 and £50 kids season tickets. Instead of being an incentive to attend, it has become no great loss to not attend.

Silly reasons such as weather; school nights; family days; kiddies/schools football etc. only seem to apply to City. Do you ever see the Family Stands at major Premier League clubs half empty?

There's a very simple way of sorting it - and even LOWERING child prices for those that DO Attend every game. Set the prices at £50 and £90 (instead of £10 and £50), but offer a £2 rebate per game towards next year's ticket (i.e. £46 BACK if the card is used for all 23 games).

This will stop people buying extra children's tickets for the sake of it (or in case we get to Wembley);
It will open up more seats for actual people who will attend and spend money in the stadium;
And it's re-assuring to know that if there are 2,000 empty seats then the club is actually making £4,000 on them!
SIMPLES!

Most established prem sides don't have exclusively family stands

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:18 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:
ritaccfc wrote:Cardiff fecked up when they offered the £10 and £50 kids season tickets. Instead of being an incentive to attend, it has become no great loss to not attend.

SIMPLES!

Most established prem sides don't have exclusively family stands

im sure that vt is aware of problem, like its been said must be loseing out by not having stand full, lost revenue and thats what he is trying to improve isnt it?