Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No excuse for game being changed to Sunday

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:53 pm

If West Ham and Millwall can both play at home today at the same time, that's even less of an excuse for South Wales Police making us play tomorrow because the gypoes are at home (40 miles away) today.

Re: No excuse for game being changed to Sunday

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Ianto True Fan wrote:If West Ham and Millwall can both play at home today at the same time, that's even less of an excuse for South Wales Police making us play tomorrow because the gypoes are at home (40 miles away) today.

Strange decision, I thought - and why 2 o'clock?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Ianto True Fan wrote:If West Ham and Millwall can both play at home today at the same time, that's even less of an excuse for South Wales Police making us play tomorrow because the gypoes are at home (40 miles away) today.

Totally agree, they're continuously messing us around for no reason at all. How do all the clubs in London manage to play at home at the same time? An absolutely pathetic excuse, am I right in thinking the last time we had a 3pm kick off on a Saturday was back in March?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Game moved to a sunday because the police found out the jacks coming to cardiff saturday saturday the in pulse again now,madri gras is in the city,apparently jacks got good mob there.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Totally agree, they're continuously messing us around for no reason at all. How do all the clubs in London manage to play at home at the same time? An absolutely pathetic excuse, am I right in thinking the last time we had a 3pm kick off on a Saturday was back in March?

February 4th :shock:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Good ol' JR wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

February 4th :shock:

Wow, I can't believe it's really that far back. :shock:

I think we were supposed to play at home to Hull in March but it was rearranged because of the Carling Cup final?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:10 pm

never mind. leeds home in 2 weeks, at 3pm on the saturday. about time :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:14 pm

murphy wrote:never mind. leeds home in 2 weeks, at 3pm on the saturday. about time :ayatollah:

Unless they change it for the telly......

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
murphy wrote:never mind. leeds home in 2 weeks, at 3pm on the saturday. about time :ayatollah:

Unless they change it for the telly......

if TV were going to show it, we would have known start of the season.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Wasnt it because wolves played sunday in capitol one cup?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:25 pm

yes on thursday

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:26 pm

The Wolves cup game was only played on Thursday after the league game was moved to Sunday.

Our game should have stayed as Saturday 3pm

NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER !!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Ianto True Fan wrote:The Wolves cup game was only played on Thursday after the league game was moved to Sunday.

Our game should have stayed as Saturday 3pm

NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER !!!!!!!!!

I agree, plus that shouldn't be a factor anyway. Afterall, our first game of the season was the only one to be moved forwards to the Friday night after half our squad were away on international duty on the Wednesday before!

Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:25 pm

The plus side is Maynard can play though he wouldn't have been eligible for today.