Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DONE DEAL

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:31 pm

Nicky Maynard has spoken exclusively to cardiffcityfc.co.uk on completion of signing a three year deal from West Ham, speaking first of his happiness to join his new club.

"It's a great club with lots of ambition," he said. "I hope that I can help with that by scoring goals for Cardiff City this season, with the aim to get the club to the Premier League.

"The manager is playing football the way that I want to play, and he knows what I'm looking for as a striker. I'm looking forward to working with him and his coaching staff, along with my new team-mates here, a squad which is shaping up very well.

"I moved to West Ham with the hope of playing in the Premier League regularly, but that wasn't to be. Knowing that my chances would be limited there at Upton Park, it was down to me to find a club where I knew I'd be happy to play. It's my aim to play week in week out, which I hope to achieve by playing well for Cardiff City. If I'm scoring goals I'm happy, which I'll enjoy doing in a Cardiff shirt.

"I'll be meeting my new team-mates on Saturday, getting straight to work on the training pitches here ahead of the task of trying to secure three points in our home game against Wolves on Sunday."

Nicky also took a second to acknowledge his former club, in particular the Hammers supporters.

"They didn't see too much of me, which can happen in football," he said. "I didn't get my chance to play regularly, but whenever I did the West Ham fans were fantastic to me. I'm sorry on one hand that things didn't work out for me there, but also really excited at the prospect of building a new relationship with the Cardiff City faithful who are always loud and passionate for their club.

"I'm used to playing in this division and know that there's no such thing as an easy game. Next up we have Wolves who will provide a very hard test, having just come down themselves. The match, just like the next forty odd games will be a tough one, so it's up to us to be as consistent as we can be to get where we all want to be at the end of the season."

taken from cardiffcityfc.co.uk

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 57,00.html

Re: DONE DEAL

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 pm

GET IN :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 pm

piss off Carl! stop stealing my thunder and put it under the official announcement! :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91310

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:37 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Excellent signing

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Get in there.

Strike force to Rip a new hole in any defence

Defender or two needed

Get involved.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:38 pm

Merlin wrote:piss off Carl! stop stealing my thunder and put it under the official announcement! :lol:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... =2&t=91310

Where have you been getting all your info from tonight and the last 9 weeks ;)

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:39 pm

carlccfc wrote:
"The manager is playing football the way that I want to play

He obviously hasnt seen us play since January :?

lets HOPEFULLY look forward to a good seasons' football now.fresh talent an all that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great News, is he ok to play Sunday!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:40 pm

good buzz,----------- 22.30 :ayatollah: CCFC

Cheers Carl, ffs I can go for a piss now. Think Ive already soiled myself :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: awesome! :ayatollah:

If i could have picked 2 realistic signings in this window it would have been craig noone and nicky maynard

fair play to the lad he could have warmed west hams bench for more money but wants to play games and score goals
fantastic signing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

now now boys be nice to each other :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: whats the latest on defenders :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:42 pm

Great signing but we need another defender. Perhaps the loan window will see us do some business here. Maynard holding that red kit makes him look like he has re-signed for Bristol. It still hurts every time.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:43 pm

Made my weekend! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:43 pm

Welcome home nicky, premiership you were having a laugh ;)

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:44 pm

Somebody said we will rip a new arse in teams. We couldnt rip a new arse in a pair of cheap suit trousers rite now with one up front and five central midfielders we play to that set up the last three games we have had 14 shots on target, we got 9 players now who can play upfront no doubt it will be hoofball to maynard on his own with helguson to the bench and earnie to the stands :lol:
:ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:45 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:49 pm

QUOTE/The manager is playing football the way that I want to play, , hoof football :roll:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:50 pm

Well done CCFC and board.

Thank you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ambition is showing through now :D

Quality signing! Welcome to Cardiff Nicky :ayatollah:

Well done CCFC and board.

Thank you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ambition is showing through now :D

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:51 pm

My first Post on this forum been on twitter all night, but so happy the deal has been done :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:54 pm

Quality signing! Welcome to Cardiff Nicky :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:02 pm

Good luck with him.
The guy is two faced and only in it for the money, he will fit in well with your owners and run when the s*it hits the fan and it soon will as the squad you have is nowhere near good enough to get promotion and losing 1.3-1.5 million a month and still in the championship will not last long with the malaysians who will cut & run.
Nos Da.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:04 pm

RedRusset wrote:Good luck with him.
The guy is two faced and only in it for the money, he will fit in well with your owners and run when the s*it hits the fan and it soon will as the squad you have is nowhere near good enough to get promotion and losing 1.3-1.5 million a month and still in the championship will not last long with the malaysians who will cut & run.
Nos Da.

Do I detect a hint of jealousy in that statement?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:13 pm

Got to play 4-3-3 at home now. Looking forward to the rest of the season. What a squad we got, but 2 defenders wouldn't go a miss in the loan market.