Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Maynard is a bluebird

Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:12 am

Spike wrote:Guys just wanted to again post on your latest signing, I'm a Bristol City fan who lives in Cardiff and a very big admirer of Nicky but reading some of the comments in here worries me... "best signing Cardiff have ever made".... don't do that, trust me the more you hype him up the more pressure you put on him and he's a confidence player. It'll do him the world of good to hear you all cheering him on and getting behind him but if you expect amazing goals week in week out and he doesn't deliver you need to give him time. If you expect too much too quickly and he doesn't deliver you'll only end up resenting the guy and making him play worse.

As a Bristol City fan I can tell you now and I'm sure Nicky would agree that his last months at Bristol City were hell for him because he lost his form mainly down to him losing his confidence when many of the Bristol City fans began to boo him or jeer him.

He's not the best signing you've ever made, he has a lot of potential but you also have to be real, he'll need time to settle and even if he does hit the ground running there will be periods where you see him miss a lot, if he does and you turn on him he'll give up, it's his only weakness.

Nice to see a sensible post from a rival club and i endorse your comments the Championship is a marathon not a sprint and we need to give Maynard, Noone and even Bellamy time to settle we now have a squad just probably need to add a defender or two in the loan window. Personally i would be very happy if we did what Reading did last year :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I personally think it's great he's signed for you, he's a player I admire a lot and so I'll pop over to watch him play at some point and I think someone he can learn a lot from is Craig Bellamy as Bellamy is determined and keeps going even when no-one backs him, Nicky needs to learn that from someone and if he does he could go a long way.

Good luck to him and you, just don't put too much pressure on the lad and he'll come good.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:09 am

Spike wrote:Guys just wanted to again post on your latest signing, I'm a Bristol City fan who lives in Cardiff and a very big admirer of Nicky but reading some of the comments in here worries me... "best signing Cardiff have ever made".... don't do that, trust me the more you hype him up the more pressure you put on him and he's a confidence player. It'll do him the world of good to hear you all cheering him on and getting behind him but if you expect amazing goals week in week out and he doesn't deliver you need to give him time. If you expect too much too quickly and he doesn't deliver you'll only end up resenting the guy and making him play worse.

As a Bristol City fan I can tell you now and I'm sure Nicky would agree that his last months at Bristol City were hell for him because he lost his form mainly down to him losing his confidence when many of the Bristol City fans began to boo him or jeer him.

He's not the best signing you've ever made, he has a lot of potential but you also have to be real, he'll need time to settle and even if he does hit the ground running there will be periods where you see him miss a lot, if he does and you turn on him he'll give up, it's his only weakness.

I personally think it's great he's signed for you, he's a player I admire a lot and so I'll pop over to watch him play at some point and I think someone he can learn a lot from is Craig Bellamy as Bellamy is determined and keeps going even when no-one backs him, Nicky needs to learn that from someone and if he does he could go a long way.

Good luck to him and you, just don't put too much pressure on the lad and he'll come good.

THATS HIM FUCKED THEN!!

We have the most fickle, pathetic fans in the business. First game, no goals? You can put
your house on it that some c**t will come on here and say "what a waste of money" :evil:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:28 am

Actually the phrase I used if you care to read it again was:

ONE of the best STRIKERS we've ever signed IMO (in my opinion)

That means I speak for myself. ;)

Re: " Maynard is officially a bluebird "

Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:39 am

excellent signing

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 am

fantastic signing,getting excited about the season now :D :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:41 am

Can play against Wolves as well!!!!!

Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:02 pm