Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Surely ? "

Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:Surely with us now having the best squad in this division and strengthening our squad more than we have ever in our history and the quality being very high and us expecting to go up in the top 2 and it being on a Sunday at 2pm,with no Saturday park football and Wolves bringing good support, we should starting with the Wolves home game

Maybe if was a Saturday game and maybe if fans was expecting exciting football , but the answer to both is no; Malky brand and style of football is a massive turn off. It's like watching Wales , or a Alex McLeish side its just utterly boring and a massive turn off

Malky needs to sort it out

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:03 pm

I agree with cf14.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Well its looking like a stadium with thousands of empty seats again.

Malky and the team deserves a full house tomorrow, should be an exciting and quality game. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:31 pm

I know fans not going due to them having parks football :|

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Surely with us now having the best squad in this division and strengthening our squad more than we have ever in our history and the quality being very high and us expecting to go up in the top 2 and it being on a Sunday at 2pm,with no Saturday park football and Wolves bringing good support, we should starting with the Wolves home game, get virtually a sell out every home game, rem our ground only holds 26,680 including over 18,000 season ticket holders.

Surely this is not asking to much from a fan base of 250,000 plus ?

What would happen if it was us as a Premier league club,same time 2pm on a Sunday ?

The fan base maybe 250,000+ but in historically and currently the myth of 'City' being a potential 'sleeping giant' and a hotbed of football is exactly a myth.

There are many reasons for it but the fact 'City' don't sell out a stadium what capacity of 27,000 illustrates this point quite neatly.

If 'City' were in the Premier league? I'd think 'City' would struggle to fill a game like Wolves, Fulham, Boro etc: but need the Millennium for the ilk of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

City are a potential 'Stoke' at best?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:Well its looking like a stadium with thousands of empty seats again.

Malky and the team deserves a full house tomorrow, should be an exciting and quality game. :ayatollah:

Annis it's not a surprise on a Sunday.
No reason this game should have been moved (even tho it helped me going) :old: