Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Surely ? "

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Surely with us now having the best squad in this division and strengthening our squad more than we have ever in our history and the quality being very high and us expecting to go up in the top 2 and it being on a Sunday at 2pm,with no Saturday park football and Wolves bringing good support, we should starting with the Wolves home game, get virtually a sell out every home game, rem our ground only holds 26,680 including over 18,000 season ticket holders.

Surely this is not asking to much from a fan base of 250,000 plus ?

What would happen if it was us as a Premier league club,same time 2pm on a Sunday ?

Re: " Surely ? "

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:12 pm

This is our year Annnis :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:12 pm

It's not much to ask, and don't call me Shirley.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:14 pm

BradSK wrote:It's not much to ask, and don't call me Shirley.

Shirley?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:15 pm

Sadly I think it will only be slightly larger than the Huddersfield gate on Sunday.

It won't happen. We won't sell out week in week out unless we're top of the league.

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Shirley?

It's a quote from the film "Airplane" :D

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:16 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Shirley?

:lol:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:17 pm

JamesC wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Shirley?

It's a quote from the film "Airplane" :D

Roger.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:20 pm

After all these signings and first home game since some of them arrived, I would expect to see at least 24k there sunday!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:21 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Shirley?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Surely with us now having the best squad in this division and strengthening our squad more than we have ever in our history and the quality being very high and us expecting to go up in the top 2 and it being on a Sunday at 2pm,with no Saturday park football and Wolves bringing good support, we should starting with the Wolves home game, get virtually a sell out every home game, rem our ground only holds 26,680 including over 18,000 season ticket holders.

What would happen if it was us as a Premier league club,same time 2pm on a Sunday ?

If they put Liverpool v Arsenal on the big screen during the game we might sell out!!! :(

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:29 pm

JonCCFC wrote:It won't happen. We won't sell out week in week out unless we're top of the league.

these plastics are hard to please,

sadly they wont know who craig noone is or much about nicky maynard, and bellamy didnt help get a sell out crowd,

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:06 pm

shirley!!! thats a blast from the past!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:15 pm

Change back to blue and there will be a full house. Simple really :?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:18 pm

IF....we but the blue/red crap behind us, then give it a couple of home games, some wins on the bounce and id expect us to be over 24k. cant really expect us to sell out each game, but i think 24k is realistic now that holidays have finished and the season will be in full flow

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Surely with us now having the best squad in this division and strengthening our squad more than we have ever in our history and the quality being very high and us expecting to go up in the top 2 and it being on a Sunday at 2pm,with no Saturday park football and Wolves bringing good support, we should starting with the Wolves home game, get virtually a sell out every home game, rem our ground only holds 26,680 including over 18,000 season ticket holders.

Do you believe it is the best squad ? cant believe our supporters , do you think we really are a sleeping giant or will fans jump on badwagon once we get to Prem ?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:28 pm

What a day to choose to give up sniffing glue'

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Sorry Steve... Great minds eh...

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:48 pm

When we start winning the crowds will come, hope fully we've got the right manager, we've definitely got the squad and a board to back the manager.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:07 pm

I agree we have a great strike force, But we need to keep them out at the back Annis , look at the silly points we dropped last season, from silly goals, and Malky and the players said time and time again we must learn from our mistakes, But went out and did it all again. We should be at the top with a group of player like we have,IF ! our defense can keep it tight at the back. :ayatollah: :old:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Sadly, I'm not sure we'll get many more than the Huddersfield game. I'm pretty sure our crowds are always lower on Sundays (perhaps someone can look that up?)

In a week when we have to remember that the private lives of one of our players can have an impact on our team, we should also remember that many of our supporters have family commitments on Sundays, particularly at the end of the school holidays and back to school week. Society has changed, and there are now more options of what to do on Sundays, never mind finding close to £100 for 2 adults and 2 children to attend a football match.

sad, but true.

:old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:36 pm

And only 12 of our 23 home games this season are scheduled for 3.00pm on a Saturday afternoon. and if we do well I suspect some more of those will get moved for TV reasons.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:43 pm

JonCCFC wrote:It won't happen. We won't sell out week in week out unless we're top of the league.

this... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:14 pm

Agree that the level of support should be higher but w have always had a fickle fan base. Also all the vitriol surrounding the rebrand hasn't helped and given people an excuse to stay away.

Finally, I am very pleased with our squad but I don't think it's the best in the division, nor will we get a top 2 finish. Has to be play offs at least and thats a lottery. Can't wait to see our new team though :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:03 pm

A winning team will bring fans to the games.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Strongest squad weve ever had but not sure its the strongest in the division.

Blacklburn or Bolton boast that IMO

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:08 am

Surely we should get nearly full houses ? its not like we have a massive stadium ?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:Surely we should get nearly full houses ? its not like we have a massive stadium ?

We should, but this season thanks to the shite rebranding, I won't be making the same effort to get to games, so sadly I'll miss Sunday, if it was last season I would've made it.