Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Brendan Rodgers

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:40 pm

Like him or loathe him, and I do loathe him but you got to admire the way he stands by his footballing principles.

Not many managers would have had the balls to go into a football club and tell the club, and players, that they splashed out over 45m for last season that they are not wanted, and whispers also Henderson is on the way out as well so add another 19m on top of that.

A lesser man may have just tried to make it work not wanting to upset the owners.

I admire the way he gone into Liverpool and has said "We are doing this my way". Doesnt seem fazed by the big calls at all. Comes across very much the man in charge the way he did at the league one sized outfit down West.

Re: Brendan Rodgers

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Like him or loathe him, and I do loathe him but you got to admire the way he stands by his footballing principles.

Not many managers would have had the balls to go into a football club and tell the club, and players, that they splashed out over 45m for last season that they are not wanted, and whispers also Henderson is on the way out as well so add another 19m on top of that.

A lesser man may have just tried to make it work not wanting to upset the owners.

I admire the way he gone into Liverpool and has said "We are doing this my way". Doesnt seem fazed by the big calls at all. Comes across very much the man in charge the way he did at the league one sized outfit down West.

Yep, he's got cojones. Remains to be seen if it works out for him or not. Certainly don't rate Henderson, myself.

Check out my Burnley thread for the photos, by the way. I've just bumped it.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:59 pm

He seems a good manager to be honest fair play

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:01 pm

Hey Polo, this is almost a positive thread about a key Liverpool person ;) :lol:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:05 pm

a former gypo managing a shitty club I hate...yet I cant help be impressed by the bloke. fair play.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Why do you loathe him? and yet go on to say you admire him why?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:13 pm

i think he`s absolutely brilliant .... and never played a first team game in his life!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:14 pm

who do they have up front?
liverpool will probably do a swansea, that is beat a couple of good teams and finish the season nothing to w-ank over

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:30 pm

very gutsy, considering the amount of money spend last season.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:43 pm

saw a clip of a documetary last night on fox tv, to be shown in sept. it showed a training session and he was ripping into raheem sterling for answering him back! not afraid to be ruthless either.